Old 05-01-2008, 06:07 AM   #1  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Default Ultimate Goal Challenge--May (Month 6)

Everyone is welcome. There are no specific rules. Post early and post often. The main purposes for this thread are support and to report progress. The goal of the challenge is for you as an individual to meet your "ultimate goal". I wish you the best on this journey and I will be here to support you along the way.

We have a small dedicated group but we would love for more people to join us!
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:08 AM   #2  
My Evolution

POUNDS LOST
ggmugsy--2 lbs
TTTA--2.5 lbs

NSV
Shay--30 days binge free
ggmugsy--2" lost
TTTA--honeymoon pants fit, 2 "you look skinner" moments, and 10 binge free days

Last edited by Shay; 05-02-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:11 AM   #3  
My Evolution

Good morning everyone! I can not believe it is month 6. Time flies. No weight loss to report this month. I've been gaining and losing the same few pounds. The good news is I am down from my starting weight for TBL Just Beachy Challenge so I will be able to post a loss there.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning Shay!!!

I've decided May is the month I whittle my middle!! I'm hoping you guys will join me in my waist shrinking challenge.

My starting measurement for this month is 34". Anybody out there interested in joining me??
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:07 PM   #5  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

alright last month the weight went in the opposite direction but i do am to fix that however for the month of may i want to see howmany inches i can lose. my starting is 38.5". so gg i guess i am with you on the "whittle my middle" plan

Shay congrats on the NSV.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

So April has come and gone, I still have bronchitis and am not getting any better... *sigh*

April wasn't a total loss though! 3 NSV's:
1. Honeymoon pants fit- first time in 2 years!
2. 2 Different "you look skinnier" moments- both on fat days!
3. 10 days binge free (granted, 6 of them have been when I'm deathly ill...)

And while I'm not real sure how much they count because I have been totally dead this month, I've lost 2.5 lbs!! Yippee! Maybe they will stay lost when I get my appetite back!

I did not make April's goal of 15 workouts, mostly due to injury and illness. I am going to be more specific this month- 8 cardio sessions and 4 strength sessions. It doesn't sound like much, but with the way April went, I don't want to overdo it.

Happy May! Happy Spring! Happy Friday! (happy maybe-i-won't-cough-all-night thinking...)

Last edited by TimeToTryAgain; 05-02-2008 at 01:09 AM.
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:12 AM   #7  

Enygirl . . . I'm missing YOU!!!

mrsaugie - thank you for joining me in the Whittle My Middle challenge!!

TTTA - I'm so sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. Be happy knowing you were The Biggest Loser for April!! Congratulations!! 2.5 pounds is a lot . . . picture 2.5 pounds of butter off your body. That's 10 sticks of butter . . . GONE!

Part of why I joined this Challenge was to lose weight for the Colgate Country Showdown. Well, it's time. I decided not to enter, but the Radio station called me. I still didn't enter. THEN, my husband happened to be at a live broadcast and the DJ made a big deal on-air that he was my husband and that he had to get me into this year's challenge. So . . . I'm in. My performance is May 17th.

The station has a picture of me from last year's Showdown on their website and I look FAT. REALLY FAT.

I've been working on song selection and getting my voice back in shape. Wish me luck!!! AND getting my body in shape. I have no idea what I'm going to wear . . . . SCREAM!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #8  
My Evolution

Thanks mrsaugie!

gg--I know where is Enygirl? Good luck with the Colgate Country Showdown.

TTTA--You need to stop qualifying these victories...!
Old 05-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #9  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

: i am down 2.6 pounds this week. yipee that is the most i have lost in a week in a long time. that puts me at 177.6
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

gg- that's so cool! You'll be fabulous!

mrsaugie- WAY TO GO!!!

Shay- I know, I know... I just haven't been existing anywhere close to like normal lately, so I am afraid that when things get back to normal I'll gain it all back. BUT- I have definitely learned what I have to have to survive, it's amazing to think about how much I normally eat given how little I've existed on this week! I just can't imagine consuming that quantity of food!

So, you all will never believe this, but my dad had a STROKE this week. Two actually. He was in the same hospital room as my mom was in January. He had the same nurse. AHHH!!! His were very mild, so he's in really good shape. They were surprised by how strong he is- he is a 70 year old feisty old man. I haven't been able to see him all week because I'm sick, and the floor he is on at the hospital has lots of people with compromised immune systems, so my inner control-freak is going nuts.

But if ever there was motivation to get healthy, this is it! Both parents having strokes- it doesn't get much scarier.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by TimeToTryAgain; 05-03-2008 at 10:18 AM.
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #11  

TTTA - WOW! You've had a lot to deal with this year. I hope your dad makes a speedy, full recovery.

Mrsaugie - AWESOME JOB!!

Shay - Which one of us lives closest to Enygirl? I'm afraid we may need an intervention!
Old 05-04-2008, 06:31 AM   #12  
My Evolution

mrsaugie--Great job!

TTTA--Like gg said you have had a lot of your plate this year but you seem to always have a positive attitude. Keep us in the loop.

gg--I think I' going to pm her. I'm also going to click on her profile to see when was the last time she posted.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #13  

Shay, GREAT idea.

It's official . . . I'm aging, and not all that gracefully. I injured my right hip over a month ago and it's still bothering me and now my right knee is rebelling as well. I'm going to do nothing but walking, abs, and maybe some upper body weights for 3 or 4 days. No jumping, no jogging, and no deep knee anythings. I'd go to the doctor but I know what they'll say, "Take it easy and come back in a month if it isn't better." grrrrr.

Gotta go! My family's coming over to listen to my top 6 or 7 song pics and help me decide what to sing in competition. EEEEEK!!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Ok I'm back.. I'm not 100% - I'm stressed and I've killed all progress that I've made since September. GG - You're going to win this - but I need you to kick my A$$ into gear... I guess my only NSV from April is that I realized that I'm not ready to give up on myself yet.

I'm starting over - I'm going to do this!!! I'm GOING TO MAKE MY ULTIMATE GOAL!!!

Falling off the wagon for a week or so is much better then the months that I used to do - and then crash diet for a week and fall right back off. I'm a work in progress - and I have to constantly work on becoming the person that I know I am on the inside and out. I need you girls to hold my hand for a little while until I can get back to it!.

I'm still aiming to be a size 12 on June 21st. I've gained almost everything I lost back - but luckily I had toned up some - so I'm in a 16 and not an 18. I need to do this - for me! I want to get married - and I want to be at goal before that! I CAN DO THIS!!! Will you girls push me? Check on me? For some reason I do much better when I'm accountable to someone other then myself.

Today I start over... I need to stop eating when I'm full (at least I recognize that feeling now) and I need to not eat out of emotion or bordom. I can do it.. I have to want it more then anything. *sigh*
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #15  

Enygirl - I'm SO GLAD you're back. I really didn't want to drive to Michigan!! We've all been where you are right now. You have a couple of things to be happy about. 1) You aren't an 18. You didn't gain it ALL back. 2) This is just a slip and it will come off easier this time than last time. 3) You have all of us here rooting for you.

I tell you . . . I wish I had taken it off when I was your age. The older you get, the harder it is to lose. Not only that but the younger you are when you get into shape, the more your skin will bounce back to normal. Think of all the money you'll save in skin removal surgery!!

I see you have an exercise goal. That's a GREAT idea. When I workout I make smarter food choices. Hopefully the same thing will happen with you!!

I had a very busy weekend. One of those weekends where you wake up Monday morning and would give anything for just one more day off. Oh well . . . up & at 'em!!