Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2008, 09:16 AM   #1  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

Default Newbie but an oldie with severe body issues would love some support!

Hey everyone, i would post a pic but i cant yet, and i cant add a ticker as i dont have enough posts or somethin, whatever on that note!

Im Paula im 24, and im a student who also manages a store part time.

Im about 40 pounds overweight, and traditional weight loss methods (eg, cut out junk and eat "healthily") dont work for me.

i have to low carb, fat is good, carbs are bad. My body just stores carbs, any carbs as fat.

Ive been grocery shopping, im starting today. I truly hate the way i look. i like my face, but right now even that is too fat for me to truly like it. Im engaged and my fiance just doesnt notice any weight gain, he loves me and finds me sexy anyway which makes it tougher at times to even wanna lose weight. but i do want to, for me. for my health and my wellbeing. not to mention my sanity!

I quit smoking in January and gained about 9 pounds from that, taking me to a high weight of 211.4. highest i have been in about 8 years. easily.

i also have a holiday booked in June to egypt so i wanna lose some weight for that... thats my first goal.

I cant fit into alot of my clothes right now, and on friday i broke a zip in my favourite skirt, a few weeks back i split my best pencil skirt all the way up the back. now is the time to stop this in its tracks.

I honestly have gained this weight from eating the following menu:

breakfast: wholemeal toast or weetabix with a banana and skimmed milk, tea with sweetener.

snack: apple

Lunch: tuna salad with light mayo, salt and pepper, water, grapes

Snack: fat free yoghurt, more water

Dinner: grilled chicken breast, 3-4 veggies, brown rice or brown pasta.

Im showing my menu because i want to make sure people understand my body does not respond to carbs in a good way at all, and for me low fat isnt the way.

Im also lazy when it comes to exercise. im so busy with uni and work that when im not doing that i am so tired i can hardly move. but i am determined to start small and get bigger with the activity levels.

This week i am going to do 3 half hour sessions of some form of activity!

Any support from likeminded individuals or a push in the direction of a low carb group around here would be much appreciated.

Its time to start living as a gorgeous woman in her mid twenties, not some fat scruffy looking teenager!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Paula

You'll definitely find support over in the Low Carb area under Diet Central. And there is the 20-something's support group, too!

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:48 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

Just a thought--perhaps you could consult your doctor or a dietitian to see whether they can offer some insight into your difficulties. Your daily calories don't look very high, that's for sure. Do you exercise?

At any rate, glad to see you here! You're not alone, that's certain. Many members do have difficulty losing on what might be considered a weight loss diet for others.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:28 AM   #4  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Hi Paula! Welcome to 3FC!!

I understand you are "lazy" about exercise... as you said
Quote:
Im also lazy when it comes to exercise. im so busy with uni and work that when im not doing that i am so tired i can hardly move. but i am determined to start small and get bigger with the activity levels.

This week i am going to do 3 half hour sessions of some form of activity!
That can be a good start. Might I suggest 15 minutes to begin. Then add 5 minutes each session. Try ANYTHING. ANY KIND OF MOVEMENT is better than no movement at all. And seriously aim for getting 15 minutes EVERY DAY, not just 3x a week.

My body sounds like yours. I do not respond to diet alone. I can eat 100% healthy, and STILL not lose an ounce. I MUST EXERCISE. It's what my body responds to! Lucky enough for me, I enjoy exercise. But I understand many people just DON'T. The trick is to find something YOU LIKE. Whether it's a sport, cruising around a park on your bike, walking to your favorite IPOD tunes, or dancing in your living room with MTV blasting... where no one else will ever see... the trick is to GET MOVING. And you know what's truly amazing? After a while, you will begin to look forward to your exercise times. It makes you FEEL better. You'll SLEEP better. You'll WAKE better. You'll do simple tasks like carrying your grocery bags better. Heck, you might even learn to love it!

Good luck to you... YOU CAN DO THIS!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:51 AM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

its true....
you really wioll start to look forward to it....
I do....
nothing quite like fionishing a day with a good blast on the bike....

as mentioned above....
any exercise is better than none, n i too dont respond to diet alone....
add little every day....
ul start seeing better results then....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #6  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Hey!

Just a thought--perhaps you could consult your doctor or a dietitian to see whether they can offer some insight into your difficulties. Your daily calories don't look very high, that's for sure. Do you exercise?

At any rate, glad to see you here! You're not alone, that's certain. Many members do have difficulty losing on what might be considered a weight loss diet for others.

Jay
thanks Jay, i have recently been down that route with doctors galore. im a picture of health, no hypothyroid, no PCOS. no excuse really. i just like food and hate exercise. haha im honest eh?

I am going to start exercising, i do enjoy pilates and yoga so im gonna start those up again, and callanetics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
Hi Paula! Welcome to 3FC!!

I understand you are "lazy" about exercise... as you said

That can be a good start. Might I suggest 15 minutes to begin. Then add 5 minutes each session. Try ANYTHING. ANY KIND OF MOVEMENT is better than no movement at all. And seriously aim for getting 15 minutes EVERY DAY, not just 3x a week.

My body sounds like yours. I do not respond to diet alone. I can eat 100% healthy, and STILL not lose an ounce. I MUST EXERCISE. It's what my body responds to! Lucky enough for me, I enjoy exercise. But I understand many people just DON'T. The trick is to find something YOU LIKE. Whether it's a sport, cruising around a park on your bike, walking to your favorite IPOD tunes, or dancing in your living room with MTV blasting... where no one else will ever see... the trick is to GET MOVING. And you know what's truly amazing? After a while, you will begin to look forward to your exercise times. It makes you FEEL better. You'll SLEEP better. You'll WAKE better. You'll do simple tasks like carrying your grocery bags better. Heck, you might even learn to love it!

Good luck to you... YOU CAN DO THIS!
thanks, i know i need to and the 15 minutes a day sounds easier right! im going to start with 15 minutes of pilates tonight, who knows i may end up doing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by l00py View Post
its true....
you really wioll start to look forward to it....
I do....
nothing quite like fionishing a day with a good blast on the bike....

as mentioned above....
any exercise is better than none, n i too dont respond to diet alone....
add little every day....
ul start seeing better results then....

I definately will loopy, where in west mids are you? x

and thanks to Faerie, i found the atkins board!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote