S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

Smile What is your favorite....

1. Color?

2. Season? (and why)

3. Animal?

4. Place to shop?

5. Place you've visited/traveled to?

6. Food? (hmm...pick at least a couple )

7. Book?

8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day?

9. TV channel?

10. Movie? (pick three)

11. Actors?

12. Actresses?

13. Type of music?

14. Sport to play or watch?

15. Time of day?

Last edited by nineteen; 04-25-2008 at 12:26 PM.
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #2  
Maintainer

1. Color? pale and bright yellow, sky blue, lavendar

2. Season? Spring....the end of the cold, grey winter...everything is coming back to life...love the birds, the flowers, just the feeling in the air -- beautiful and full of hope. I even love the rain and the thunderstorms.

3. Animal? Dogs. I'm a huge dog lover.

4. Place to shop? Anthropologie (expensive, but lovely)

5. Place you've visited/traveled to? Montana

6. Food? carrots, salmon, lamb, fruit (any kind), chickpeas, chocolate

7. Book? I think my favorite book is still "out there"...but I love Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier, On the Beach by Nevil Shute, and poems by the great, (largely undiscovered) Alden Nowlan.

8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? cooking, snuggling up to my dogs, watching old movies

9. TV channel? TCM -- I'm a huge lover of old movies.

10. Movie? Lost in Translation, Breakfast at Tiffany's, From Here To Eternity (could go on forever...)

11. Actors? Daniel Day-Lewis, Montgomery Clift, Ralph Fiennes

12. Actresses? Greer Garson, Natalie Wood, Geena Davis

13. Type of music? Pop/rock/alternative/folk

14. Sport to play or watch? Tennis and figure skating

15. Time of day? 10 pm

Last edited by nineteen; 04-26-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #3  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

1. Color? Orange and Yellow

2. Season? (and why) Fall, I love the colors and the cool crisp air!

3. Animal? Dogs!!!!

4. Place to shop? candle & craft shops

5. Place you've visited/traveled to? Sanibel Island was awesome

6. Food? (hmm...pick at least a couple ) Pizza, Pasta, Tomatos, Cheese

7. Book? Harry Potter

8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? Throw ball with the dogs

9. TV channel? TNT and USA

10. Movie? (pick three) Nobody's Fool, Forest Gump, & A Christmas Story

11. Actors? Alan Alda

12. Actresses? Mariska Hargitay

13. Type of music? Heavy Metal, Alternative, Hard Rock

14. Sport to play or watch? Softball, Equine Sports, Football

15. Time of day? 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. usually quiet then
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #4  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

1. Color? Red (smooth and rich - like wine) & Taupe (I like the way it sounds too)

2. Season? (and why) Ahh Summer... I feel like I get so much more out of life in the summer

3. Animal? Our cat - Kate.. Not a cat lover... I just love her.

4. Place to shop? Target... they have everything... Where else can you pick up Tide and a cute summer dress?!?

5. Place you've visited/traveled to? St. Barts, French West Indies

6. Food? (hmm...pick at least a couple ) Goat cheese, Blue cheese, pizza, brownies and crab cakes.

7. Book? I read the best sellers list and beach books....

8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? A hard work out - or sitting w/ my husband

9. TV channel? TLC

10. Movie? (pick three) Out of Africa (the cinamatography is amazing), Forrest Gump (I cry every time), Breakfast Club (I think I still know all the words)

11. Actors? Mark Walberg - Ed Harris

12. Actresses? Kate Hudson - Meryl Streep

13. Type of music? Top 40 - Alternative

14. Sport to play or watch? Play - golf, tennis, skiing - Watch - football, ice hockey

15. Time of day? early morning... so peaceful and new...
Old 04-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

1. Color? Deep red

2. Season? (and why) Late Spring - best produce, AND everything is so pretty.

3. Animal? I never know how to answer this question. I do love dogs.

4. Place to shop? For clothes - White House Black Market. I also get crazy excited at Ikea.

5. Place you've visited/traveled to? Tie between Banff, Canada (sooooo gorgeous) and Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo, Mexico (gorgeous in a different way).

6. Food? (hmm...pick 5 ) Oh, gosh! Cupcakes (not healthy, but they'll never NOT be a part of my life. I know that sounds weird, but I have a -thing- about cupcakes), asparagus, greek yogurt, sourdough bread, and filet mignon.

7. Book? I'm picking 3. Ender's Game, The Demon in the Freezer, The Book of Joe.

8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? A good book or some TV series on DVD.

9. TV channel? Bravo!

10. Movie? (pick three) I'm going to pick three RECENT ones, because I like so many...Sweeney Todd, Juno, and Little Miss Sunshine.

11. Actors? Johnny Depp.

12. Actresses? Sarah loves Queen Latifah. I'm pretty partial to Katherine Moennig, but no one knows who she is.

13. Type of music? Showtunes. But for exercise, punk, rock, and a little bit of cheesy hip hop

14. Sport to play or watch? I never really got into sports. Though I do like bocce ball.

15. Time of day? 7pm - time to relax and finish cooking. I love cooking.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #6  
Maintainer

Marathon Mom~ I love the Breakfast Club. Ahh, the 80's....

Mandalinn~ I'm with you on the cupcakes!
Old 04-25-2008, 01:20 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Nineteen - I have a list of at least 20 cupcakeries to visit. My parents flew cupcakes home to me once, from NYC, as their carry-on on a cross-country flight to San Francisco (and they were worth it).

MSN did a "Top 10 cupcakes" list nationwide, and I'm working on trying all of them...have you seen it? There's even a whole cupcake blogosphere!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:32 PM   #8  
Maintainer

I know! Cupcakes have gotten huge!

Have you ever read Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World?
Old 04-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #9  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

1. Color? Probably green.

2. Season? (and why) It used to be fall, but now I'm thinking spring, because the temperatures are comfortable and everything is blooming!

3. Animal? Dogs.

4. Place to shop? Anne Taylor Loft

5. Place you've visited/traveled to? This is a toughie. Of the major trips I've taken, I'd probably say either Port Douglas, Australia, or Hong Kong. Of more minor trips, I quite enjoyed my weekend in St. Louis, and I love Santa Barbara and the California central coast too.

6. Food? (hmm...pick at least a couple ) Dessert? All kinds of dessert? Cherry pie, ice cream, cookies, cake, frosting, brownies, chocolate . . . For the non-dessert (or semi-dessert) side, candied yams, noodle kugel, my parents' matzoh ball soup, strawberries, tacos from El Torito

7. Book? I can't pick just one! Kushiel's Dart, The Bone Doll's Twin, Melusine, Brethren: Raised by Wolves vol 1, Heart of Darkness

8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? Laying in the sun reading a book.

9. TV channel? Animal Planet

10. Movie? (pick three) Independence Day, Beauty and the Beast, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

11. Actors? Will Smith, Johnny Depp

12. Actresses? ...I'm blanking. Nicole Kidman?

13. Type of music? J-pop and J-rock.

14. Sport to play or watch? Play: running Watch: gymnastics

15. Time of day? 2pm, if I don't have to be at work
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #10  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Oooh, I love stuff like this...

1. Color? aqua

2. Season? (and why) Summer. I love having daylight into the evenings and I love being warm and not having to wear a coat. And now that I am at my goal weight, I love wearing sleeveless shirts, short skirts, and strappy sandals.

3. Animal? cats

4. Place to shop? Anne Taylor, Anne Taylor Loft, Talbots, and Target. For workout clothes, Athleta and Title Nine. Also, The Container Store--I love the feeling of potential I have when I'm in there. Somewhere in that store is the perfect solution to all my problems, if I could just find it.

5. Place you've visited/traveled to? Pueblo Bonita Pacifica Holistic Resort and Spa in Cabos San Lucas. It's like paradise.

6. Food? I consider raspberries to be God's most perfect food. Apricots, asparagus, mushrooms, kohlrabi, and cauliflower are all a close second. Lately I've been on a tofu kick. Peanut butter and cashews. Indian food and sushi. In terms of dessert, anything chocolate.

7. Book? Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and the entire Nero Wolfe mystery series.

8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? Some alone time—a favorite meal, a glass of wine, and a favorite TV show or movie

9. TV channel? No one particular channel, by my favorite show is The Daily Show.

10. Movie? (pick three) Grosse Pointe Blank, The A&E version of Pride and Prejudice, and Wild at Heart

11. Actors? John Cusack, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Johnny Depp, Will Smith, Harrison Ford, Dennis Leary, Nicholas Cage

12. Actresses? Jennifer Garner, Jodi Foster, Meg Ryan,

13. Type of music? I'm all over the place. Folk, some country, rock, some hip hop and rap, dance, 80's, pop.

14. Sport to play or watch? Baseball, but just to watch. I won't play it to save my life.

15. Time of day? night

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 04-25-2008 at 02:09 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:44 PM   #11  
Working My Way Back Down

Oh Barbara, someone else who loves Animal Dreams! I like all her books, but that's my absolute favorite!

1. Color? Rose, fushia, whatever you call that shade of pink - but not pastel pink.

2. Season? (and why) Summer. It's the very best Alaska has to offer.

3. Animal? Cats, and um, cats. Dogs a distant third.

4. Place to shop? Land's End, J. Jill, Coldwater Creek

5. Place you've visited/traveled to? Oh, so hard to choose. I loved England, and Australia, and Costa Rica. I really like the scenery in the SW. I think from the "best trip" side, England.

6. Food? (hmm...pick at least a couple ) Pasta of any variety, Chinese, Thai

7. Book? Hey, I work in a library - you want me to choose??? Love mysteries. I don't like Science Fiction.

8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? Read, play computer games. If I had a hot tub, that'd be #1, but I can't convince DH.

9. TV channel? Well, we don't have cable, so I'm really limited. I enjoy surfing them all when I'm in a hotel. Love to catch the home and garden channel, and any of the DIY stuff, plus I can always count on finding a Law & Order to watch.

10. Movie? (pick three) McCabe & Mrs. Miller, Princess Bride, Something About Mary. Haven't seen a lot of newer ones....

11. Actors? see 10

12. Actresses? See 10

13. Type of music? Country, old rock (like 60's)

14. Sport to play or watch? Baseball to watch. Volleyball or croquet to play

15. Time of day? Evening.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

1. Color? Lavender!!!

2. Season? (and why) - either spring when the leaves just start to frost the trees with green or a nice crisp fall day.

3. Animal? My cat, diego. I pretty much looooove all animals.

4. Place to shop? Ann Taylor, Williams Sonoma

5. Place you've visited/traveled to? Hong Kong!

6. Food? (hmm...pick at least a couple ) Peanut butter toast, molten lava cake, scallops, a really good, ripe mango... I am a total foodie - like ALL FOODS (except fennel, that stuff is revolting)

7. Book? Tough to call, I love so many books. Pillars of the Earth has got to be one of my all time favorites (and I read it in college, way before Oprah got on the band wagon)

8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? Red wine, neck rub.

9. TV channel? Bravo!! I love Top Chef.

10. Favorite movie - Dangerous Liaisons, Aliens, Shawshank Redemption, Being John Malkovitch (I also really really liked Enchanted recently)

11. Favorite actor - hmmm, can't think of one off the top of my head

12. Favorite actress - Kate Winslet

13. Type of music? 80s, doesnt anybody ELSE love being Rick rolled??

14. Sport to play or watch? Baseball, I guess if I'm at the game. Otherwise, none.

15. Time of day? Late afternoon, when the sunlight is that perfect, golden color.

Last edited by Glory87; 04-25-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

What is your favorite....

1. Color? To wear - STILL black, I just can't help it. For other stuff, probably green.

2. Season? (and why) A toughie. I love spring and fall. Both are not too hot and not too cold. I used to hate the spring because it meant that summer was soon near. NOT a good season for a 287lb 5 foot woman, . I guess, I'll have to go with spring. Seeing those trees and flowers bloom are fabulous. And knowing that the summer is coming up, not the winter is great.

3. Animal? Sorry folks, I am just not an animal lover.

4. Place to shop? Macy's & Target (not necessarily for clothing)

5. Place you've visited/traveled to? Unfortunately, I haven't traveled much. Of the few places I"ve been - probably Bermuda.

6. Food? (hmm...pick at least a couple ) We really should have old and new choices here. I'm sure the answers would vary greatly. In the old days, it was ice cream. I still love it. I eat it so rarely that I don't even consider it a top pick anymore. Also in the old days - pasta, rice, cheesecake, chocolate pudding (and you wonder why I was so heavy )Nowadays - I do love chicken breasts and all the yummy things I make with them. Cauliflower, green beans, brussel sprouts, asparagus, salads, Fat free/sugar free yogurt. Gosh, those sound real dorky, don't they?

7. Book? Jeffrey Archer's Kane & Abel.

8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? A hot cup of tea and a magazine. Or that cup of tea and watching my next choice -

9. TV channel? HGTV - Home & Garden TV, that is.

10. Movie? (pick three) Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump -
I'm not a huge movie fan. 3 is a stretch. If pressed, maybe Grease would be my 3rd

11. Actors? I think George Clooney is really, really cute. I'm not much into movies and TV though.

12. Actresses? No one I can think of.

13. Type of music? I'm also all over the place here. I adore music. I love the old rock & roll classics and pop. I can listen to classical, jazz, show tunes, you name it.

14. Sport to play or watch? NFL Football

15. Time of day? I love the early morning. I'm an early bird and I get a lot accomplished then. I also enjoy the evenings, when I'm done with work.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 04-26-2008 at 06:41 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/135/140

Height: 5'8"

1. Color? Blue

2. Season? (and why) Fall, b/c I like the cool crisp feel in the air.

3. Animal? Killer Whale

4. Place to shop? Electronic Stores and Book Stores

5. Place you've visited/traveled to? Malibu, CA is the most recent

6. Food? (hmm...pick at least a couple ) Steak, grilled veggies, fajitas

7. Book? Harry Potter

8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? play my daily mahjong solataire and puzzle while listening to my favorite podcasts

9. TV channel? Anyone that is playing a show or movie that i like

10. Movie? (pick three) I'm gonna pick more recent movies that I've watched. Juno, Little Miss Sunshine and Serenity

11. Actors? Nathan Fillion, Johnny Depp, Steve Carell and Brad Pitt(on the account of his total hottness)

12. Actresses? Tina Fey, Meryl Strep, Gina Davis

13. Type of music? Alternative, Older Jazz, Indie/Singer Songwriter, Musical, etc

14. Sport to play or watch? Play any watch College Football

15. Time of day? Sunsetting time of day
AmandaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:27 AM   #15  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Color? Mauve and lavender

Season? Autumn, I love the color changes in the leaves we have here in Ohio

Animal? Penguin

Place to shop? Second hand stores

Place you have visited? Hills-Mountains of Kentucky

Food? BBQ pork ribs and Pot Roast

Book? Magic Kingdom for sale sold

Way to relax? SEX lol

TV Channel BBC America

Movie? Harvey, Frequency, The Emperors New Groove

Actors? Jimmy Stewart, Denise Quaid, Tommy Lee Jones

Actresses? Grace Kelly, Myrna Loy, Kim Novak

Type of music? Old country, 50's-60's

Sport? Baseball

Time of day? Early morning

Last edited by Shy Moment; 04-26-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote