UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Talking South Beach in the UK

Hey everyone
Just rumaging around for a new plan that might help me get back into the swing of things, I have been thinking about South Beach, but of course everything I have read has been using American recipes and foods, is anyone doing it in the UK? Have you been substituting foods? Is it easy to get the ingrediants here, I dont want to shell out for the book if it isnt worth it!!
Thanks!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/264/140

South beach, like Cornwall fudge and pasties
sorry
lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:45 AM   #3  

Default SB in the UK

Don't know how much help this is, but I'm an American living in the UK doing South Beach and I get my food at Tesco. I haven't had any problems with any of the recipes being too "american" to translate. There are a few things that are different for me, but all in all it's bee a pretty easy journey. We started in Jan and so far I'm down 17 pounds.
bblawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The South Beach way of eating is all about eating a wide variety of wholesome foods, including nutrient-rich, hight-fiber carbohydrates that include vegetables, fruits, and whole grains, leans sources of protein, good unsaturated fats, and low-fat dairy. You should be able to follow this plan no matter where you live. It's very important to read the book and understand the fundamentals of this diet before starting on it, to be successful. If you don't want to buy the book yet, perhaps you can borrow one from a library or a friend. Amazon also sells used books at a fraction of the cost of a new one, so you may want to check them out, too. You shouldn't have any problems at all with this healthy way of eating, good luck to you!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote