Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Question His and hers foods?

Inspired by this thread at the Straight Dope: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=464840

Are there any foods (or drinks) you tend to think of as "women's" foods? Or "men's"?

As a woman, are your tastes in food more, er, foodie? Would your guy rather chow down on fried chicken or pizza while you dream of the sophisticated recipes you see in the glossy magazines?

Would you pass up Hungry Man Sports Grill (assuming diet weren't an issue) while he wouldn't be caught dead eating a Lean Cuisine?

Would you avoid Red Bull or Full Throttle while he shuns bunging a packet of Crystal Light or South Beach Living drink mix into his water bottle?

Let me know what you think. (PS: I meat loaf sandwiches!!!)
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANOther View Post
Inspired by this thread at the Straight Dope: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=464840

Are there any foods (or drinks) you tend to think of as "women's" foods? Or "men's"?

As a woman, are your tastes in food more, er, foodie? Would your guy rather chow down on fried chicken or pizza while you dream of the sophisticated recipes you see in the glossy magazines?

Would you pass up Hungry Man Sports Grill (assuming diet weren't an issue) while he wouldn't be caught dead eating a Lean Cuisine?

Would you avoid Red Bull or Full Throttle while he shuns bunging a packet of Crystal Light or South Beach Living drink mix into his water bottle?

Let me know what you think. (PS: I meat loaf sandwiches!!!)
Well, actually, my DH and I wouldn't eat ANY of those things!

I don't think in terms of "Mens" or "Women's" foods at all. I DO know that DH can eat all the fat, sugar, salt, starches and so on that he likes, whereas I cannot.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Mmmmm...no not really.

My BF and I eat much the same foods. Neither of us are big "junk" eaters or anything like that. We both tend to the extravagent "gourmet" side of food...love love love our wine dinners with 4 courses lol. All healthy and home made of course :P

The only difference is we have "boys serves" and "girls serves" as he's 6'6 and 235 pounds and I'm 5'6 and 138 pounds lol. He can eat probably twice what I can :P hence he may tend toward more carb dense foods than I would but that is the only difference.

Last edited by Lyria; 04-21-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

My DH has a very limited range of food that he is willing to eat. I , on the other hand, will eat almost anything. Do we wonder why I am the one who is overweight?

I love meatloaf sandwiches. I make a five pound Ina Garten recipe turkey meatloaf, slice it, freeze it and take out a slice at a time for the sandwich. Love it with horseradish. DH will-not-eat a meatloaf sandwich, even though he likes regular meatloaf wit a ton of filler. GAK.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

DH and I eat pretty much the same except he will eat red meat on occasion and I won't. He also eats a lot more cheese then I do, but I view that as personal preference not specific gender foods.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:01 PM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

In this house? Vegetables are "girl foods" Single malt scotch is "guy food"
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:12 PM   #7  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

My husband is not crazy about fish (unless it's the breaded kind). Other than that he'll eat anything on the table, with a cold beer for dessert.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW220/SW195/CW164/GW160

Height: 5'10"

Well, in my house chicken is a girl food, since my boyfriend is deathly allergic to poultry.

But I don't think there are foods that don't cross the gender lines. People eat what they like. I hate salt and vinegar chips. The boyfriend loves them. But so does my sister. It has more to do with personal preference. 'Cause, calories not being an issue, if the big manly meal looks better, that's the one I want!
charisma classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Not really. My husband and I eat pretty much the same diet, except he tends to eat more nuts than me (and a lot more peanut butter). I tend to make him a peanut butter sandwich as part of his lunch, when it isn't part of mine.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote