Old 04-21-2008, 09:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Red face Friends and Losers thread April 21st-27th

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
David Viscott

I saw this quote this morning and thought it was appropriate for all of us that struggle with our weight! SOOO this morning, imagine the inner slimmer healthy person you want to be, get that image in your head and kick that fat girl to the curb!!! Hope everybody has an absolutely amazing week!!! I was POP over the weekend, first time in a long while I've been POP, not just on the weekend but just in general. Isnt it amazing how much better our bodies feel when we feed them right? Sheesh, I've been doing this for over a year, looks like I would remember that!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning Everyone

Kim

So it wasnt the greatest weekend but my weekends are the worst. DH was home Friday, Saturday & Sunday and when hes home its so hard staying OP since we're mostly out. F&S was ok but yesterday we had pizza for lunch & dinner. Not good. I really have to try to stay OP on the weekends too or i'm not going to lose as much as i would have otherwise. My WI is mondays and sundays always mess me up. That being said i'm down 1.8lbs from last monday but last monday i was up from the previous so i still need to get my butt in gear. I usually lose 6lb per mo and i'm only down 2.4lbs this mo so far. I know the last 10lbs are the hardest but i think i'm due for a swift kick. I find that the past few mondays i've been venting about not losing much but its really my fault and i need to get out of this rut.

Anyway hope everyone has a good day today. This week is nothing but POP for me.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:44 AM   #3  

Hi Debbie!!! It does get harder the closer you get to goal. Its easy to get kind of lazy and not weighing and measuring things like you did in the beginning. Just remember your basics and you should do fine!!

WHERE the heck is everybody?? Come on people wake up!

Liza- Your new doggie is gorgeous! He looks so happy with Mini-Me.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #4  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

still here but busy today. Trying to catch up from 2 weeks of weekend visits and laundry than didn't get done. If I don't stay on top o things it gets so hard to catch up with all the house stuff. I really need a maid! Got to walk to the school a few times and back today and get to a WI then off to daughters rehersal. I am tired already! stay POP this week! Lets get moving and shakin'! Go Kim and Debbie.. you girls can make thie happen! WHOO HOO!

Last edited by 4princesses; 04-21-2008 at 10:51 AM.
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang.. .

Busy weekend for me, with fun and work.. I'm going on about 3 hours of sleep right now, so I'm pretty punchy...

Liz has decided that she's going to try the South Beach diet for a while and see if that gives her the kick start she needs.. She's signed up for their online program, so we'll see how it goes... I'm sure she'll still be semi-active here in the forum, as this is where she knows people...

She has some good news, but I'll let her share it if she has time today.. (and no, she's not pregnant...)
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #6  
Just For Today

S/C/G: 287/170/155

Height: 5' 10"

Had a horrible weekend, we were out of town, stayed at a hotel and ate out all meals. I'm back on track starting this morning. Got up and worked out. I just feel fat, but I'm drinking insane amounts of water to help deal with the bloated feeling. Here is to being POP for the rest of the month!
loserjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:51 AM   #7  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hey gang!

Kim-congrats on a POP weekend!

I wish I could say I was POP-but I'm not going to focus on my past slip ups. I'm going to focus on having a GREAT week and getting focused. I have finals ahead so I have to get my mind and body working together so I can perform!

Happy Monday!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #8  
LAWL since 9/06

Damn, wrong thread. Now in the right one. LOL

Hey there everyone,

Well this is my first day on South Beach diet and so far so good. I can't have starches, fruit, or various vegetables for the first 2 weeks. We will see how it goes.

I also have some great new. I just got a new job. I start on May 6th. I am very excited. It is doing what I do now, but with a different company. I figured it was time to broaden my work experience.

Well, I had better get to work here. I still have 2 weeks.

Liz
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #9  
LAWL Salt Police

And a broader paycheck!!! I know how to pick 'em!!!

Seriously though.. Congrats honey!!! Let's celebrate with Pizza for dinner!

Oh... wait... nevermind...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #10  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Liz- Congrats. Good luck with the last 2 weeks, they seem to last forever!

Deb- I have been to Crystal Park a few times. We love to dig for crystals, it is so fun. I want to go up there during the spring run off. I have heard that a lot of crystals will be found just laying on top of the ground when the snow melts off. I hope that your knee is feeling better!

Liza- Love all of the pictures of Romeo!

Well, I posted a real weight. I am doing something new. I won't post what it is until I see how it works for me, but I will keep on chatting here!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #11  

Liz-Congrats and good luck with South Beach and BAD BAD DAN!!! LOL

Hiya Amy!! Good luck with finals.

Katie-Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!
Old 04-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Liz, Congrats on the new job. I hope it is more pay and is less stress than the old one. Let us know how South Beach works for you.

Liza, What a cute dog! I can tell it was mutual love at first sight for both Mini Me and Romeo.

Deb, I hope the knee feels better today.

Kim, Good job on a POP weekend. I need to have a few of those in a row and I would feel lean and ready for the summer. Yesterday was far from POP for me. Back on plan today and really, I have become a salt junkie lately, and it just needs to stop.

Amylou, When are your finals? Are you almost done with law school?
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #13  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Good afternoon everyone!

Wow, I hadn't stepped on the sclae in over a week. At first I thought, oh great something is wrong with the sclae. Then I got on it again, and again, and realized it's correct. I've lost another 5lbs! I'm just not used to seeing that weight on there...

Liz - Congratulations on the new job! And on the new plan! South Beach is another good healthy plan and maybe better for your individual needs. Some people just really don't process carbs well. As long as you still get a healthy balance I know you'll do fine.

I have to go take the pup out for a walk. He was left alone for the first time today. Apparently when I left for work this morning he ran to the door and cried out for me. He was a good boy and didn't get into anything in the house so I'm glad to know there's no destructive behavior. Not much of a guard dog though, had no clue what happened when the mailman dropped the mail through the slot.

Have a great day everyone!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Liza, That is amazing! Over 20 pounds down and almost 25 even! Wow... Isn't weight loss strange. You work and work and nothing and then when you just resign yourself to losing it really slow, it goes down like that. I think somewhere between 25 and 30 pounds down is when others started to comment on my weight loss. I bet you are starting to look noticeably thinner.
What a good boy your dog is!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #15  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just thought i'd say a quick hi. my weight loss is still going in the right direction..down another pound.
so..i've been thinking i might keep going once i hit my goal on my ticker..and keep going till DH gets home (i guess i'm aiming high and thinking i will hit it before he's due home)..no harm in that, right?
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote