Old 04-21-2008, 07:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something chat monday april 21

Morning all. Yesterday was a beautiful spring day. Dh and i spent all day outside working on the house. The dog loved it too. She just laid outside in the sun all day. Our house is very redneck looking right now. We've ripped all the siding off the front and have plywood covering the front windows we took out. We ran out of daylight to put the new windows in...but they should go in tonight. Our house lives right on a main road, so we've definatly have a lot of stares yesterday. Eventually our house will look like a house again lol.

Other than that..things are good with me. hope everyone is well
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:25 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies!!!

Had a fairly busy weekend. Went to nephew's birthday party on Sat. got home around 7pm, so just chilled the rest of the night...driving long distances is exhausting to me... Yesterday, had baseball pics at 9:30, then Cady had soccer at 11:30, then picked up two friends and the kiddos had them over for the afternoon. Went to UNO for dinner last night and ate a ton of crap. Ah, well. Going out to dinner is so few and far between for me, I always indulge. Anywho, today was the first day I was able to jog two miles straight without stopping. I love it. I put on the Ipod & go...so relaxing, believe it or not!!

Today is a HUGE cleaning day...lots to be done. Tonight is the Flyers game..if they win tonight, they advance in the playoffs!!

Patricia, doesn't it feel great to get stuff done to the house?? I love spring maily for the fact that you can get out & start doing stuff to the house/yard...so much fun, IMO!!

HOpe everyone had a great weekend. Will check in later, but I HAVE to get my cleaning done before I get back on here, cause before I know it, an hourt has gone by andI've got nothing done!!!

Have a wonderful day!!
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies! It was such a busy weekend! Our bullmastiff started limping really bad Friday night. We took him to the vet Saturday, looks like he sprained his ACL? We have had to put him on bedrest so to speak so he doesn't tear it, thats been a chore! We had friends over to watch UFC saturday night, yard work yesterday... Its monday again, just like that!!
Gotta take dd #1 to dr. appt this morning. Once I get home, I want to work out then I will check in again. Hope all of you have a wonderful day!!
Steph
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Hope that everyone is doing well...it has been kind of crazy around here. It was DH's birthday over the weekend and we have had warmer weather, so we have been outside more and away from the computer.

Have a great day everyone!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:33 AM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Mornin ladies, sounds like everyone had a nice weekend.

GG, are replacing the siding too? You'll have to share pics when you are done!

Pam, what the heck are the Flyers? I keep hearing you talk about them. Oh, I envy you, I wish I could run.

Stephanie, its funny you mention ufc... my inlaws (in texas) are constantly having people over to watch the UFC fights. My sil was just telling me they had people over this weekend for it.

Dawn, nice to see you...

Christina, hope you are feeling better, how did your seminar go?

Joan, it must be nice to have an April birthday. My sil birthday is on the 30th and she is getting the yard landscaped.

It was pretty nice here weather wise this weekend. We did get some rain showers but they weren't constant. It was funny, kind of like the clouds and sun were fighting over who would come out. DS had his friend spend the night. By the next morning, Spencer was so over the boy and back in his own little world. I feel sorry for the kid cause I don't think he gets it. I've had the crud...yuck!

I'm gonna run some stuff to drop off at the goodwill today. I also gotta pick up DD's contacts. I have to try and get more exercise in this week too.

Talk later everyone! Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Karen, Poor Cass! Hope she gets used to the dogs!

Alicia, Flyers are a sports team....The Philadelphia Flyers. Don't know what sport though!

GG, What a site the house must be! Hope you're able to get those windows in tonight. Are you doing the new siding yourselves?? How ambitious!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:16 AM   #7  

Alicia and Lauren...the Flyers are THE BEST hockey team in the NHL (lol). I have recently gotten back into hockey since having Cadence. We used to watch them all the time, but when # 2 was born, just didn't seem to have time...it is playoff season, 1st round. The 76ers (basketball) are in the playoffs as well.

Alicia, hope you are feeling better soon. I used to run when I was in HS (about 20 years ago!!), and just within the last few months I have been building up the stamina to run again...I think I need different sneakers, though.

Steph, hope the pup is better soon. It's so sad when animals are hurt, it's like they don't understand it, you know??

Dawn, nice to be outside again, isn't it??

Alright, off to vacuum.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

GG ~ you are so lucky that you don't have to hire people to do things around the house. Sounds like DH is a perfectionist (and he's cheap;-).

Pam ~ I eat crap when I go out to eat too. We eat out so rarely though that I don't feel guilty about it. Your day sounds a whole lot like mine... cleaning and laundry.

Stephanie ~ sorry to hear about your pooch. Keeping a dog on bedrest must be darn near impossible? BTW, you asked about Aspergers a while back. PM me if you have any questions or want to talk.

Delta ~ You've been MIA. Finally warm weather for you. Yippee! No more snow (we hope!).

Alicia ~ Do you have the flu? LOL at Spencer losing interest in a friend. I know exactly what you mean. Liam picks his friends based on their pets. The whole time that he's with them, he's paying more attention to the cats/dogs than to the people. The kids just don't get it (I wonder why???).

Lauren ~ Sounds like Eli is fitting right in. Are the boys still crazy about him? I just noticed that you've lost 20 lbs. Good for you!

We had an excellent weekend. I spent all of Saturday working in my flowers beds. Cleaning them out and planting a few new things. The people that lived here before us must have had it professionally landscaped or else they were really good. Sure does make it easier for me. We went to a birthday party yesterday for one of my Godchildren that just turned 16. Lots of fun and lots of good eats. Today is another gorgeous weather day and I plan on working outside and getting a little sun. Brigid will be at a friends house all afternoon so I'm looking forward to the quiet. Hope that everyone has a great day ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #9  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone. We are waterless here at the moment. Don't these utility people know I have laundry to do!! Ugh. And the water was dirty and gross before it went off. We had to use bottled water to brush our teeth with. That's fun with kids! LOL.

I have one final spring cleaning project that I forgot about. I need to clean the top of my cabinets in the kitchen. I hate this particular chore. I have to stand on the base cabinets and use lots of 409. DH has to get the ones over the stove and fridge 'cause I can't reach. He was not happy when I told him this chore needed to be done!

GG: What fun! I hope you get the windows back in soon. Must be hard to keep the bugs out. My DH would freak out. He hates bugs.

Pam: Hey, wanna come help me out with those cabinets? You sound like you like spring cleaning way more than I do! In fact, this in the first time I've tackled it. I'm hoping it helps me to be a little better organized about the things I forget to clean.

I'm off to see if they've turned the water back on. Have a great day!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #10  

Karen...I do get a certain sick satisfaction out of getting things REALLY clean, kwim?? I'm a big weirdo. I was outside yesterday in my glory pulling a few weeds that were sprouting...fun for me!!

Joan, hope you are enjoying your day outside, and that Brigid has a great playdate. Cadence is knee-deep in Legos, her new favorite thing. We got Frankie a set for being such a trooper at the hospital last weekend, they both have been having so much fun with them!

Back to cleaning, need to clean mirrors/glass etc.

Later!!
Old 04-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #11  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

hey, gang. hope someone here remembers me....it's been a while....probably 5-10 lbs ago, atleast! Hope everyone's doing well.

Well, I'm back....I hope. I'm tired of it. It's steadily creeping back on. This is day 2 back on the wagon. I hope I haven't blown it already. I overdid for lunch, I think. So far, I've had a microwave packet of apples and cinniman (I know I butchered that word) oatmeal & apple for breakfast. For lunch, I ate a small Wendy's chili and baked potato, a handful of my daughter's french fries (not a big heaping handful....just a handful) and some strawberries and grapes with fat free whipped cream. I'm STUFFED!! TOTALLY! It doesn't sound as bad when I write it down as I feel like it is. The french fries were the bad part. It was a kids' meal fries and I ate probably 1/4 of them maybe, but probably not that many.

Anyway, I think according to my ticker (I don't even remember what it was and haven't looked yet) my beginning weight was 240. I think I'm at 232 now, but when I left I was at probably 228, give or take. Not sure.

Hope to be seeing a lot of you guys!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 04-21-2008 at 04:42 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Afternoon everyone,

Joan, I don't think its the flu....last time I had that I was bed ridden. Unless it's a mild case. Hope you enjoyed your day to yourself.

Pam, I hate to clean. Especially since it's never ending. Most days I tell myslef it will just be back in a few days, just wait to clean it then, lol.

gainingweight, welcome back. Sure we remember you. Sounds like you've done well with the food so far today, the frys don't sound so bad.

Karen, is the water back on? BTW, are you guys Jewish? I ask becasue you talked about passover. If so happy passover to you and to Hanna too.

DH really upset me this afternoon. He called me from work telling me I needed to get a job, blah, blah, blah...like I didn't already know that! Anyways, thanks for letting me vent.

Talk later ladies, Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #13  

Welcome back Diana ~ it's good to see you back in the swing of things.

Pam ~ I love to clean too. Gives me such a good feeling when things are in order. I love coming home to a clean house and I hate to leave dirty dishes in the sink. I'm not anal though. My sister is such a clean freak that it makes it hard for her kids to kick back and have fun.

Awesome afternoon here. I sat out back and got a little sun while finishing up my book. Our book club is meeting tonight to discuss and it should be a good one. Time to get started on dinner preparations. Hope that everyone is having a good afternoon ~ Joan
Old 04-21-2008, 05:36 PM   #14  

Alicia ~ we were posting at the same time. I hope that a good job opportunity is right around the corner for you. I know that you're getting anxious to find one. When do your kids get out of school for the summer? Will they be able to stay home by themselves? Hope that you feel better soon!
Old 04-21-2008, 10:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all. Well we have windows on the front. For those that asked...yes we are replacing the siding (on the front of the house). We are planning to change the look of the house and put shingle sidings up on the front. DH can do most of it...he may hire someone for the really high parts (he doesn't like heights). It is good that we can do most of it ourselves..dh is really good wit that stuff. btw..we've been taking pics the whole time...at some point i'll post our redneck house pics...but yes definately some before and after pics when done (but honestly...i think its going to be a while)
Today was ok...crappy client day...got yelled at over the phone...it wasn't my fault...but oh well..sometimes people take it out on whoever is around.

steph- hopefully its just a partial tear of the cruciate..however, always be prepared...big dogs seem to have a tendency to have that issues. Unfortunatelybig dog's = $$ vet bills. But i'll keep my fingers crossed its just a mild tear and nothing more. The surgery for large breeds is expensive and its a patented surgery...so only certain people can perform it.

pam -congrats on your 2 mile run...good for you!

hey to everyone else..off to bed now.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote