Old 04-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #1  

Default Lunches

Hi Everyone - I'm new to 3FC and WW. I am starting my second week and have already lost 4.8 pounds. I'm a little stuck on lunches. I don't have any idea what would be a good lunch and eating Smart Ones is getting old.

Can anyone share any ideas with me? Sandwiches, etc.

Thanks!
Katie128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.5/219.5/180

Height: 6 foot

OroWheat has a light bread that is only 40 cal a slice!! It's a great way to make a sandwich with some low fat turkey slices and maybe add a fiber one yogurt, or activia yogurt and an orange or apple. I love the Orowheat because it has 7g of FIBER per serving, which is GREAT on WW. If you include lots of veggies in your lunches, you will always have a good lunch. OR...the other great option is soup. I love the microwavable bowls of Campbell's select New England Clam chowder. It has about 220 cal and 4g of fat and tastes super yummy.....

Hope that helped and good luck!!!
BabyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

I like to wrap a tortilla around lots of different things. My 2 faves are turkey with fresh veggies and a bit of lite honey mustard dressing, or egg salad made from egg whites, mustard, and 1 T Miracle Whip, with fresh leaf lettuce.

Soup is my standby. I make batches of vegetable soup and freeze it in individual portions, but there are some really good commercial ones available now.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #4  
Blonde Bombshell

S/C/G: 164/133/136

Height: 5'8''

Default several lunch ideas!

My stand-by is always a baked potato. With some chunky salsa and salt, it's wonderful!!! (like fries with ketchup..only better!)

Also, I don't know how much time/what resources you have at lunchtime, but I've started making a "burger melt" sometimes at lunch---saute some onions and/or spinach, cook a Boca burger in the microwave, THEN put the burger, a slice of WW (or low fat/ff) American cheese, and the veggies onto 2 slices of high fiber bread (I like Nature's Own double fiber), and grill it like a grilled cheese. It's only 4 points, and it's really delicious!!

The Weight Watchers soups are really good, as well. I love the Southwestern Vegetable--I add some cilantro and other spices, and sometimes put a little bit of cheese into it.

Last, I will sometimes get foot-long subs from Subway and take those to work for 2 days, a 6inch turkey with no cheese/mayo is 5 points....they have all of their point values though.

Good luck!!!
KatieLeighVOLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:34 AM   #5  

I've been using the sandwich thins in place of the bread in my sandwiches. Quite tasty and cuts down on the points.
theblueeyedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #6  

Have you read your materials? There are suggestions for a 2 weeks in Book One.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #7  
Points Master

S/C/G: 357/T/180

Height: 5'7"

I second the Orowheat thins with lunchmeat and also the Ole 1 pt flour tortillas with luchmeat.

Canned pineapple chunks in juice are 2 pts for a whole small can.

Frozen broccolli, cauliflower, etc from Pictweeet that can be microwaved in the bag and then buttersprayed for free.
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #8  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

I like the WW smart ones, Thai soup. It is only 2 points for the whole can. 1 for one serving. I buy refried beans, and wrap them in a large tortilla wrap with tomatoes and lettuce and salsa. Yum! I like tuna sandwiches with lots of veggies on it.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

My new fav, a ww wrap, tex mex style cooked chicken chunks, ff ceasar dressing and low fat tex mex cheese. They work out to 3 points each. Small but filling!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/148/135

Height: 5'4"

One of my favs is a can of black beans (rinsed) with a can of rotel tomaoes whichever ones you like. Just heat in the microwave. I eat this for several days with baked scoops. Very filling and low points.
Carolinachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 334/267/232 (For now)

Height: 5'2"

I have turkey on a sandwich thin with laughing cow. A veggie (chopped cucumber or baby carrots usually). An apple and some pretzel thins. That's it when I have to pack my lunch.

If I eat at home I usually have a veggie burger.
tamia is offline   Reply With Quote