Old 04-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #1  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

Question completely clueless!! help...

I just started WW's at home. I have the 2008 Starter kit and I even got the new calculator too! I am new to WW's and dieting all together. I have NO idea how to eat healthy/balanced! I don't know what makes one serving of dairy, fruits, vegetables, fat (although I'm sure i'm NOT lacking here), complex carbs (whatever these are), and things like that. If you have any advice or websites that you can give me to help me on my journey Me love you long time if you can help me out!
I use to eat whatever and whenever I wanted but now that my activity level is just about in the negative numbers this isn't working for me!! I am in need of some major help haha
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

Okay you have in info you need now you just need to use it. The WW books will help you determine serving sizes by using comman images, such as the size of your fist or the size of a deck of cards, Its really not hard and itys easier then measuring ounce by ounce.
This website is one of the best.
oh yeah WW will help you get motivated to move too. If you are not excercising even minimally dieting will not help[
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

My best advice...fiber, fiber, fiber.

Best tools: READ LABELS. You will soon learn what has lots of fiber and protien and what has useless empty calories and if you skip the label...then your tummy will tell you...fiber/protien will help keep you full...empty calories will just make you wnt to eat more and more. Not all calories are created equal in my book. A few jelly beans...no good. A wedge of laughing cow cheese...awesome. Even though they have the same calories/points.

Good Luck. WW is great for those just starting out. There is a lot to learn, but knowledge is power!
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:38 PM   #4  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

Just wanted to say thanks for your help! I started walking 2 miles every other day or every two days- depends on when my walking buddy can find the time. I weighed in today and I lost another 1.6 #'s taking me down a total of 4.6!! Yay!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote