Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default 15 pounds down

I just didn't think that I would be successful...but today when I got on the scale, it showed I'm down a total of 15 pounds. I did the 'get off, get on' deal and even moved the scale around the bathroom floor to make sure

It makes the remaining 12 seem almost attainable!

I'm so glad I can post in the Mini-Goal section
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:27 PM   #3  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

Great work! You are SO close!!!!
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #4  
Biker Chick!

faerie and nineteen - YOUR losses are amazing!!! congrats and keep on!

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-18-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/163.0/150

Height: 5'9

great job-you are almost there
jean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #6  

Vermont: you look great! Congrats on your loss! Can I ask what kind of plan you were on and how long it took you to lose 15lbs. Thanks!
usafgurl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:11 PM   #7  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

You are one hot biker chick! Congrats.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/300/1-236/2-180

Height: 5' 6"

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! Keep going!
Rayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:11 AM   #9  
Biker Chick!

thank you friends!

usafgurl, I started in January, but with a so-so effort of watching what I ate (counting calories, but was trying to fit in daily cookies with my calorie count! ) and exercising pretty regularly (5 to 6 times a week, a video tape done at home)

I was in the process of switching anti-depressent meds, from Lexapro to Wellbutrin...I had told my doctor that I had just about zero ambition regarding trying to work on the excess weight (I had put on 20 pounds in the time 2 years I was on Lexapro)...and the zero ambition also translated into not-great quality life time.

So I think once I was established on Wellbutrin (early February) I know I felt alot more of my old personality coming back (oh no ) and was able to focus more...but my previous tried and true methond of counting calories was not working for me (I lost 30 pounds 6 years ago that way).

In mid-February I started the South Beach diet. I was kinda prejudiced against any kind of 'diet', thinking I needed a way of eating for Life..but I read the book and agreed that my intake of sugary carbs was just setting me up for more cravings.

After the initial two week period of meals consisting of just lean meats, tons of veggies (but no starchy ones), eggs/eggbeaters, lowfat dairy (skim milk, nonfat plain yogurt, reduced fat cheese) I did lose about 6 pounds. I realize that isn't a pure fat loss, but it was motivating to see on the scale. Then you start gradually adding small amounts of healthy whole grain carbs, and fruit.

And I started doing a half-hour of elliptical work each day in addition to my daily video tape. I think that has really helped. My video tapes are mostly step aerobics, or strength training wtih hand-held weights that range from 3 pounds to 8 pounds. However I did helf my husbands' 15 pound dumbbells yesterday to do some bicep curls.

If you like, you can see my daily exercise posted in the South Beach Forum here, under the Exercise Challenge thread. I did very well in March, then I missed a few days this month due to a cold.

I want to get to be able to bare my midriff again, as in my avatar. In my avatar pic I know I was around 150, definitely not under but maybe 150-154. And to be able to wear a little tee shirt without dying of self-consciousness of my upper arms. I realize that being 47, I will never look as good as a 20 year old, but I want to be a fit, toned 47 year old

Looking back at 'where did I go wrong?' in my weight gain, I realize that there were personal issues that took precedence..really difficult times. I'm not going to beat myself up over gaining weight during that time, but try to learn from it, and sincerely hope I don't enter that again. I think because things are so much better between my spouse and I, and I am much more regulated in my moods and have eliminated the despondent thoughts, that the real 'me' is back, and I'm ready to rock life!

hmm....my husband's right, I do like to talk

best wishes to us all!