Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #1  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Talking Egg Protein Powder

Hey there, I was looking for a protein powder to help with my daily protein intake, because I am positive it is WAY to low and being that I am working out much more than I used to I wanted to see if something like this would help. Well, I tried it at lunch. This is what I ordered:

http://www.a1supplements.com/Ultra-E...bs.-p-330.html

Here is what I tried:
1 blue bunny sugar free yogurt (I used the peach, but got strawberry and blue berry also)
handfull of ice
1/4 C 1% milk + protein
1 scoop of egg protein
1/8 C water
3/4 C frozen Fruit ( I Used frozen peaches, but got frozen berries also)

Blended for 2 minutes or so until nice and SMOOTH. OMG this was SOOOO GOOD!

Here are the stats:
Calories : 260
Fat: 1 Gram
Carbs: 31 Grams
Protein 33 Grams!!!
Sugars: 18 Grams

This recipe made a nice big 16oz latte mug full to the TOP!! I had this for lunch and I am going to see if it helps curb the afternoon hunger I get. I brought a sandwich back to work with me just in case it doesnt, but I am thinking at lunch or breakfast this would be a good protein rich meal replacement for me.

I know it has a little more sugars than I wanted but it is mostly from the frozen fruit...so being that only added 1 gram of protein that could be eliminated if needed.

Last edited by StillTryin; 04-18-2008 at 01:39 PM.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #2  
Gettin Closer!!

OK here's the deal, I drank my protein smoothie about 11:45 am when I go home for lunch. It is now 4:30pm and I am still NOT hungry. This is amazing! I am usually hungry again by 2-3pm! I have lunch between 11:30-12:30 everyday and I am ALWAYS hungry by 2-3pm. I am going to keep trying this and see what happens but if it is like this everyday I will definitely be saving calories from my afternoon hunger monster!
Old 04-18-2008, 08:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 106/106-107/103-100

Height: 5' 1.5''

Wow nice. I'm going to give this a try, thanks for the rec.
Zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:43 AM   #4  
Gettin Closer!!

I found some Greek Yogurt (mandalinn on 3fc said I should check it out) at walmart last night. It is definitely different but not bad, just will take a little to get used to. It is about the consistency of sour cream, but taste better.lol I got a plain kind that has 22 grams protein, and I grabbed 2 fruit flavored ones but they only have 13 grams..so I think I will use the plain in my protein smoothie, that will give me like 60 grams of protein per smoothie. It will be like 350 calories, but since I will be replacing lunch with it, that will be OK.