Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #1  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Default Why are some days just so hard?

I am one of the moods where I could just eat anything and everything, I just want to eat! I know it is stemming from stress and I tried going for a swim but even while in the pool I was thinking about eating. I don't know if it is the whole breaking of a habit, I use to eat for ages, now eating has become something I do in small amounts (meals and snacks as opposed to sitting down with a whole packet of crisps and candy and eating them over a couple hours).

There is nothing in the house for me to binge eat on but my problem is I live right next door to a store and I am barely able to stop myself from going next door and buying something even as the two sides of my brain argue with each other! How is it part of me can say "no, you don't need this and you don't want it you will regret it" while the other part just says "shut the **** up".
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:29 PM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

I live across the street from a 24-hour drugstore (can you hear the cheetos and chocolate calling me? I can!) and a locally famous Italian market (subs, slices, and amazing cannolli). Fortunately, you have to cross the intersection of death to get there, which has saved me more days and in more ways than I can count. Maybe you could create an imaginary hazard between you and the store? Icy cold? Rain? Swamp trolls? Give the "you'll regret it" part of your brain more ammunition against the other half!
TheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:24 AM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Yeah, some days are just darn hard. It doesn't seem fair does it? Good for you going for a swim though, even if it didn't quite tame your brain it was a positive, healthy thing to do!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/234/195

Height: 5'6"

I get it and it really sucks. Some days I look forward to bed time so that I can put my food head to rest. I'll think about food from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep. I try to explain this to my husband. He understands as best a non-food addict can. At times we can be having a serious conversation and my head is in the kitchen thinking about whatever it is in there that I want.
Laura Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Philly View Post
I get it and it really sucks. Some days I look forward to bed time so that I can put my food head to rest. I'll think about food from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep. I try to explain this to my husband. He understands as best a non-food addict can. At times we can be having a serious conversation and my head is in the kitchen thinking about whatever it is in there that I want.

Ditto all of that. Those who aren't addicted to food this way have a hard time REALLY understanding. But at least we all do.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:10 AM   #6  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
I live across the street from a 24-hour drugstore Fortunately, you have to cross the intersection of death to get there
Unfortunately other than the 24 hour part, I literally do have to cross the intersection of death to get to the drugstore across from where I live.

3 people have been killed in the past year crossing my intersection - some people just don't slow down even if you have the pedestrian lights flashing.

BUT main topic on hand: yes I get the same way - I've been binging a lot the last few nights (hangs head in shame). There is no more junk in my house - I've gained 1 lb *grumbles*. Going out on sunday (I'll be out of town in the mountains Saturday for my birthday *hotel and hotsprings!*), then we'll get back on sunday to go to Olive garden with In laws for bday. My hubby's bday is on monday.

Last edited by tamaralynn; 04-24-2008 at 08:10 AM.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

I know it all too well unfortunately. I never knew the sides of my head could fight so much!

I'm also one to wish for bed time so I'm "done" with the day and I don't have to think of food. That's one of the things that has helped me too. I talk to myself and say "You can have it tomorrow", and hopefully by the time tomorrow comes, then I'll feel better and won't want to eat so much.

Hang in there!
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5' 5"

Some days are really hard - sometimes it feels like every day. You did a great thing though, swimming and then popping online for a bit. I've read that one way to get the food off your mind when it is so intense, is to find a way to mentally challenge yourself with a project you're working on or a puzzle you enjoy (Suduko, crossword, etc.) Maybe this could be an argument for the positive benefits of video games?

Stay strong - we all know how you feel and what you are going through and we are rooting for you!

Happy Birthday tamaralynn!
cyndyjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #9  
Michelle the Vegan

Happy birthday Tamaralynn! Stay strong and healthy and enjoy the birthday celebrations!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:11 AM   #10  
To thine ownself be true

S/C/G: 143/129/120

Height: 5'4"

Boy! Do I know what you are all talking about. I work as a server in a restaurant and more times than not I evetually give in on those days when I cannot seem to get enough to eat. I take snacks to work with me but sometimes yogurt and rice cakes just aren't enough.

Carla
caloriecountingcarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:17 AM   #11  

The same thing is true for me. On some days everything that is on my mind is "eat, eat, eat" despite of knowing that I shouldn't. I hate those days and often can't understand why they are so hard, because usually the next day it is much better and I can stick to the diet without any problems.
Luckily there isn't a store close to my place, but I have always got something at home to nibble on for my kids and husband and so I find myself walking up and down in front of the refrigerator thinking "I want to - but I shouldn't..."
It is driving me insane sometimes!
On those days you really have to motivate yourself, but I always feel pretty pround when I have been able to stick to my plans!
melindad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:56 AM   #12  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

On Wednesday afternoon, after I got home from the walk with the fourleggers, I realized I was not feeling well. I had the feeling like I am going to faint - unfortunately, I know the feeling, this happens to me 1-2 a year. I spent the rest of the evening horizontal in bed and yesterday morning, I thought I was a bitter better. So on the treadmill I go to run. After I showered, I realized that I am not any better than the night before (but fortunately, I had already done my exercise ) so I took a sick day.
Even though I was slightly nauseous during the day, I had thoughts of going to McD's. Tell me why?? I am not feeling well, but I would eat a McMeal. It took all my willpower to command myself to stay put and have a single square of chocolate (very dark, 80% cocoa) instead.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Tomato - I love the term fourleggers, might have to start calling the beasts that. I understand your pain. I had strep earlier this week and while none of the healthy food in my house sounded good even though I had chicken soup, low cal ice cream, jello and other things that would have not bothered my throat all I could think of was a Wendy's frostie or a McD's McFlurry. Then I started thinking mmm cheeseburger and fries would be good too. WTH? I finally asked myself, you feel like crap and that's only going to make you feel worse. I talked myself out of it and had a local icecream sandwich and soup instead. I swear they put crack in double cheeseburgers to make you crave them!!

Carla - I waited tables and bartended all through colllege and man I was the worst at never eating real meals but just nimbling through the day. It's tough to do. I used to have the guys just grill up a chicken breast for me with no oil or butter and that generally put an end to the noshing w/o totally blowing the diet.

Happy Birthday Tamara
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:57 PM   #14  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
I swear they put crack in double cheeseburgers to make you crave them!!
I haven't thought of that, but now that you mentioned it it makes perfect sense! (but of course it wouldn't be ordinary crack .... it would be McCrack!).

Last edited by Tomato; 04-25-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Lol
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote