WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 04-17-2008, 06:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179.6/128/125

Default Brown Bag Lunch Ideas?

I'm looking for quick, easy-to-make lunch ideas that would be easy to bring to school or work.

I've found a topic on 3FC, but it hasn't been updating in awhile.

I'll start off by recommending the South Beach Diet Southwestern Style Chicken Wraps. A whole box is 5 points and is very easy to prepare!
SoulMeetsBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I'm a big fan of making extra for dinner and taking the left overs to work the next day

My lunch today is a salad of roasted pumpkin, sweet potato, tomatoes and onion tossed through baby rocket leaves, shaved parmesan, semi sundried tomatoes and smashed roasted garlic for a little extra flavour hit.

Took all of 15 minutes to make last night and 3 seconds to chuck in my work bag this morning lol.

Last edited by Lyria; 04-17-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:39 PM   #3  

I take a container of 0pt soup, 2 slice of 1pt ham, and 2 slice of 1pt total bread, sliced pickle and mustard. I take for snacks fruit and cottage cheese, apples, fiber one bars and popcorn.
Lovemylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:46 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

I usually do left overs for lunch. But many times I'll do a large salad with chicken and cheese and a hard boiled egg or soup or a sandwich.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:06 PM   #5  

i only count the sw style chicken wraps as 4 pts, ive been doing it forever, i eat them like every day.
prettybirdXoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:33 PM   #6  

I usually do left-overs as well. Or I get the lite breads, and some turkey and low cal cheese and take that to lunch, with a 100 calorie pack. I enjoy it. Sometimes I do cereal for lunch.
ohsomeanjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:56 PM   #7  
Getting back on track...

S/C/G: 195.2/see ticker/167

Height: 5' 8.75"

Oh, goodness, how many times have I asked this same question!! I've had a hard time finding lunch ideas. I used to try to do real "meal" lunches---leftovers from the night before, frozen WW meals, etc.---but they always left me hungry OR I found that when lunchtime rolled around I didn't want them. (my husband says I am one of the pickiest eaters he knows, lol).

So now I am back to my good old standby...I have always been healthiest and done well on WW when I eat this for lunch:

--1 stonyfield farm fat free yogurt (I use stonyfield because they add natural fiber, which means low points!)
--1 large piece of high-fiber fruit, such as apple or banana
--1 serving of high-fiber grains, such as healthy granola, trail mix, or a slice of hi-fi bread w/ a dab of peanut butter
--a baggie of carrot slices or raw broccoli, to munch
--3 squares of organic dark chocolate, as my after lunch treat

This lunch gives me protein, fiber, good carbs, some good fats from the granola/trail mix, and I never feel deprived. Sometimes I'll also add a square of Cabot 75% reduced fat sharp cheddar. It's easy to shop for too---when I go shopping I check what's on sale, and I make sure I have 1 fruit, 1 veg, 1 protein, 1 dairy, and 1 fiber item for each lunch.

Plus, none of these things need to be heated, and at my job I sometimes have a hard time getting a free moment to run to the microwave.
leela0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #8  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Ugh I always find lunch is the worst meal, be it a work day or weekend! I try to do the left over thing especially on my busy work days. I also buy fresh fruit every weekend and take it in on Monday and have a fruit bowl on my desk so when I'm doing desk work (I teach so most the time I am standing) and feel peckish the first thing I see is yummy fruit. I am finally out of the habit of just buying lunch, it is amazing how much money I save each week by not just going to a cafe everyday!
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote