Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #1  
my girls

S/C/G: 379/341/180

Height: 5'7

Default my third fill, i think he missed!!

i got my third fill on tues and i swear he must have missed. i got 1cc the first time, and 1cc the second time and i could always tell, it hurt to gulp water. this time he sayes he gave me 2cc and i cant tell at all. he just feels on my stomach with his hand and pokes it but i dont think he got it. all my paperwork sayes they will do it under xray but he has never done it that way. how does your dr work and has this ever happened to you. ps i go back to the dr at 3:45 today. oh, and i am down 42 pounds since Jan 28th. he sayes that i am doing good, but i only lost 5 pounds this past month and he would like to see 2 pounds a week so i will try harder!
mistymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:55 PM   #2  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Did you talk to the Dr????? Did you call and ask if not feeling a difference was normal? I have only seen it done and that Dr. did it by feel but I've heard that some use an ultrasound...Let us know!

Congrats on the 42lbs! Woohoo!

(yes I read your post on the other thread..."Only 42". That's...4.2 10lb sacks of potatoes lifted from you...a set of 10.5 lb quadruplets your don't have to carry around! A cage filled with 84 8oz gerbils! Can you imagine THAT's no longer strapped to your back? )

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 04-17-2008 at 08:10 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:59 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Misty 42 lbs is amazing, it really is. Took me 2 years to lose 60 LOL 5 lbs a month is great !!!! the lapband is a slow weight loss process so 5 lbs is right on target. We are supposed to lose 1 - 2 lbs a week, you lost 1 1/4...so you are exactly on target.

Fills are funny...some times you'll feel them and sometimes you wont.

Question.... does your doctor remove/empty the fill you have before he adds more? thats what my doc does, he takes out the old stuff and inserts new, this way he knows exactly what was inside. Also my doc just feels and pokes (sounds kinky huh) but for him to use the "xray machine" it would cost me something like $200.00 extra per fill. Did you feel / hear the needle pop the port? you can .... At your next visit try to listen for it.

Also... this fill may kick in, in a week or so, so be patient.. remember fills are a slow process.

Sweetie you are doing amazing.... just don't lose your patience because that will make you lose your desire.... trust me.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #4  
my girls

thanks for the encouragement. no my dr's office doesnt call and check. the dr sayes they will, but they never have. they are a bunch of ladies in there who obviously think they dont need to work or enjoy what they do. anyway, i called back wed and told him and i went in again thur. he poked me 5 more times but could not get it in the port. he pulled back everytime to see if he was in but no luck. i have to go thur and get a flouroscope (however you spell that) at 9am to see if he can get it in. hopefully all will be well. i dont feel much restriction at all anymore, i dont know if when he kept pulling back on the syringe it let everything out or what. i will let you know.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

That stinks !!! do they put a pillow under your back and make you do a partial sit up... kinda? this makes the port pop out a bit.

Well at least with the fluro they will have you back on track in no time... don't get discouraged... good things will come
Old 04-21-2008, 04:26 PM   #6  
my girls

no, he never said anything about a sit up. i will try it. he sayes he put the port in my facia (dont know how to spell that) and that as i lose weight it is shifting.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Thank goodness for Leenie!

Mistymed: I'm no help to you about the band, but I'm grateful Leenie has been here to answer your questions and encourage you. 42 lbs is great, and I know you are like everyone else and wish it were 62, 72, or 82 lbs. You will get there.

I hope your cardiac problem and flu is over and you will be going gang-busters after the scope things will be back to normal. Let us know how you are doing.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:34 PM   #8  
my girls

thanks nanj
Old 04-22-2008, 03:33 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

IT MOVES ??? Well if thats the case, I would insist that he does it under fluro from now on, no one needs to be jabbed 50 times with those needles..yikes.

Let us know how it goes

Old 04-27-2008, 07:37 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Misty how are you doing? did you go back and get a fill under fluro?

Whats the scoop hon?

Old 04-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #11  
my girls

hey ladies i am great. he put three in, but i think most had leaked out due to all of his proding. he said he took out all the old, so im not sure how much is in there. i go for a colonoscopy tomorrow to see if i have divaticulitis (however you spell that) i have hit 30 and i am falling apart ladies. i also am seeing a therapist and i am realizing that my life is amazing, its all the crazy kooks i have for friends that are stressing me out. my doc told me to listen to ricky nelson "garden party" so i downloaded it and it was okay. i am gonna start looking out for numeral uno. he thinks i am a way better friend to people who i call friends, but maybe they are just not my friends. i am starting to see alot. he wants me to get on zoloft (cause i am weepy sometimes) but i dont want to be on meds. i can live this life okay, i just need someone else (like him, or my bestest friend nadine) to break it down for me so i look at things different. i havent seen my mom since the surgery in jan and i am gonna see them next weekend so that brings on more stress. she paid my 10% so i could have the surgery (2100.00) and i want to have done a good job for her. sorry for rambling.

Last edited by mistymed; 04-30-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Ohh your Girls are BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!

I'm so glad you got a proper fill.. how does it feel? can you feel anything? I'm glad he took out the old stuff... that had me concerned.

Garden Party is a great song as it is a lesson. Can't please everyone... hmmmm wonder if thats why I have only a few friends LOL, very few. I'm glad your getting on track with it all... we're proud of you. I know when your Mom see's you she'll be proud of you too... but remember the song "ya gotta please yourself."

I was on zoloft when I had postpartum with my dd. That drug made me crazy LOLOL.. the best one that worked for me is Prozac But !!!! lots of people do good on zoloft.

Keep us posted ok !!!

Congrats

Leenie
Old 05-01-2008, 11:08 PM   #13  
my girls

when i went and picked up the colonoscopy med to make me go there was some zoloft in with my reg prescriptions. i looked at it with such disgust that i cant make myself take them. my colon thing was today so they told my DH which ya know aint to good at all the details that i have diviticulitis, roids on the inside, and some sort of infection that they biopsied (spelling). i will get the results in a couple of day. wasnt to bad i think. i have been constipated for like a year now being pregnant and then banded so i expected some roids. i knew i didnt have them on the outside cause it doesnt bother me but i have been having some bleeding. all is well, now i can get back to dropping these pounds.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:33 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Could the zoloft have been a mistake? you do whats right for you sweetie and only you.

My sister has diviticulitis, she has to be careful not to eat things with seeds or nuts, such as strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes, etc... its a very painful thing to have. Hope your biopsy comes back healthy

Leenie
Old 05-02-2008, 10:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Oh MistyMed calling Mistymed!

Man, your babies are so cute!!! I just love my grandkids and children. I don't get to see the youngest one very often and she is the only one that I haven't been able to babysit for Just imagine you thin and fit and being able to chase them around and roll around on the floor with them. It is so worth it!!! Now the diverticulitis: I've had the danged stuff since I was in my late twenties. Do what the doctors tell you about diet and HOPEFULLY it won't bother you. There are a list of things that you shouldn't eat. It is crappy that you have the diverticuli, but now that you do know, you can protect yourself. I just about killed myself on popcorn and strawberries, so DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU!!!! I'm sorry that you are going through all of this, but there is a reason for everything, don't know why, but I want good things for you and your family. Be good to yourself and to them. About your mom, you have done a good job for her! You elected to have the band, and that meant that you are wanting good health for yourself, which will lead to a better life for you, your family and your mother. You know I've never thought much about seeing a therapist, but more and more I see the need. You my friend are way ahead of some of the rest of us, by seeing a therapist! Keep your eye on the prize "LIFE"!!!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote