Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-17-2008, 02:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Default I thought this might be motivating...

I know it's been done before, but I also know that at least for me, It feels good to get things out and written down from time to time.
So I was wondering what positive things you Chicks are doing that 6 months ago, a year ago, however long you've been on your own personal journey to getting healthier.. that you never dreamed you would do?

For example... I started my own journey four years ago and have had a lot of ups and downs, but four years ago I never ever thought that..

..I would go outside on my own, and exercise, without being forced to.
..that I would be looking forward to dinner tonight, and i'm cooking it - not getting takeout.
..that my new idea of a sweet treat is 2% fage with honey
..that I could go more than 3 days without setting foot in a fast-food restaurant (i'll admit it, i am an addict when it comes to greasy fried foods) and i've gone SEVEN months with only one slip up, and it didn't make me fall off the wagon.
..that I would ever have size 10 pants in my closet again..and now not only do i have them, but they are too big.
..that i could go more than one day without eating some kind of meat or meat product and now I only have meat about three times a week.
..did i mention the going outside and exercising thing.. and i'm doing it because i enjoy it and i want to? me-four-years-ago would have laughed at someone if they said I would be doing that in the future.
..and, finally, the most important thing...I never dreamed that I would ever be in a position to like myself, or my body. I spent my entire life battling it and hating myself and now I am in tune with it and I know that I am so much more than a girl with a weight problem, I am a girl getting healthy and overcoming a weight problem in the process.

That felt really good... anyone else?
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #2  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I don't have my own experiences to add yet, I just wanted to tell you that this is a great idea for a thread and is definitely motivating. It's nice to see where I can be in 4 yrs with some hard work! Maybe in my journal, I will write out my own list in anticipation of what's to come. Thanks!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #3  

Karmuz do you have any photos pf your progress? It sounds like you're doing a phenomenal job!
Dina1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #4  
Life shouldn't be on hold

S/C/G: 310/307/150

Height: 5'7''

Yay! Non-scale victories seem so much better to me. Way to go.
SoyLaBelleza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:39 PM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

My experience is short-timed, but I would never think that I would look forward to getting on the treadmill.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/188/175

Height: 5'5"

I don't have quite as many to add, but this is such a wonderful idea here are my two cents:

* Walking taller; shoulders back; tummy tight; head high
* Colorful clothes. Rarely do I wear black from head to toe anymore
* Joined an indoor soccer team
--AND--
* Joined a volleyball team at the same time!
* I'm able to stand close to smaller people without feeling so self concious
* Ice cream is a treat--not a food group

Thanks for inspiring me to make this list. I've had a pretty awful day at work today and this reflection has brightened up my mood a bit!
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

trooworld -
thank you!!! and as far as the 4 years go - it seems like most people do a lot better job of taking it off faster than i have. it's been a VERY hard road for me..

dina1979 -
unfortunatly I do not. I have been camera shy my entire life, and even moreso at my HW. I will take pictures when I get to goal, and there are.. uhm.. one or two pics out there of me close to or at my HW.

soylabelleza -
thanks! I've been so frustrated lately with the scale I really thought this thread was the way to go.. i've been thinking a lot lately about all the changes in my life...

tomato -
any period of time is fine - and as far as treadmills go, good for you! never in my life have i looked forward to a treadmill and I did the majority of my working out indoors over the last several years!

boise -

that's a great list! and I'm glad it brightened your mood - that was my intention - it feels really great to think about good things,
lately i've been thinking about adding some color into my life - i wear bluejeans almost every day and most of my shirts are grey or black.
i'm still thinking about it though.. not sure if i'm ready to make that leap. I don't think i even know how i look in colors.
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:36 PM   #8  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I never thought I would want or need support in losing weight, or turn to an internet forum to get it!
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I have been on this wagon for one year and three months.

I stalled in December, but I haven't gained any weight back. A major accopmplishment.

I never thought I would drink skim milk.

I never thought that I would come to love oatmeal - both the rolled and the steel cut.

I never thought I would be telling my friends to "Try edamame, it's good!".

I never, ever thought that fresh, healthy, cooked from scratch could be so good.

I am very grateful for 3FC because I don't think I would have gotten this far without all of you.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/135

Default This Is My Tactic

I mentioned this in another forum....however...remember, i started alot of "cleaning up in my life" before tackling the weight issue.....so now I am transforming it into my weight loss mentality too....

Give or take the God issue if it is not for you... it still works....

NOW please keep in mind....my WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE.....my self image was garbage.....i have two sisters who look like they walked off vogue...i was the "FAT" one in the family...........

never thought i would be saying this and believing it.....6 months ago I started to do this daily (almost) but now it is daily......it's a beautiful thing...

HERE IT GOES:

1. I'M NOT WHERE I NEED TO BE BUT THANK GOD I'M NOT WHERE I USED TO BE

2. I AM ABOVE AND NOT BELOW

3. I AM THE HEAD NOT THE TAIL

4. WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

5. I AM OK AND I'M ON MY WAY

6. I AM FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE

7. MY GOD SHALL PROVIDE ALL MY NEEDS ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN GLORY (I BELIEVE UHHHH HE OWNS ALL THE RICHES-NICE PLACE TO BE)LOL

ANYWAY FELLOW 3FC'S I BEGAN SAYING THESE THINGS (I HAVE EVEN MORE ACTUALLY BUT I WILL NOT OVERWHELM YOU) THIS KEEPS ME VERY FOCUSED AND IN SPITE OF MY CIRCUMSTANCES AROUND ME...MY EMOTIONS (INCLUDING EMOTIONAL EATING) IS NOT GOING TO CONTROL ME.....

DONE MY SERMON
readytobeme2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/181/125

Height: 5'5"

Mine is fairly minor, but I cannot believe that today I at 6 servings of fruits and veggies. SIX! That would be a months worth the way I used to eat.
Hannah25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:49 AM   #12  
Crunchy hippy mama

S/C/G: 260/260/200

Height: 5'4

Mine is.....I would have laughted my butt off at your if you told me 3 months ago that today I would LIKE even love to run.
lauralee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #13  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i go swimming which i wudnt do before....
im starting to wear tighter and more revealing clothes, which i shud have been wearing 5 year ago....
i look orwardto my excie....
i can now refuse bad food and not think i really shud havew accepted that....
never 4t id prefer fruit to chocolate....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #14  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I never thought I would actually get up at 5:15 AM to do some cardio before work (who is this person?!) and enjoy starting my day that way!

I never thought I would:

cook brussel sprouts and asparagus and eat them by choice!
have completed a 5K!
crave fruit, the way I used to crave chocolate!
spend the majority of our grocery $ on fresh fruit and veggies (or frozen, depending on the time of year)
work out in the free weight room of my gym no matter how many 'muscle guys' are in there

Thanks for starting this thread! What a great idea!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #15  

my "life change" has just begun only 2 months ago, but I must say that I
-never thought I would actually look forward to my daily walk each day (a one hour one too!)
-never thought I would actually not eat any trash, junk, etc. for 2 mos. straight and not even care or want to
-never thought I would go on my daily walk in actual daylight where people might see me
I'm sure I will add many more "I never thought I woulds"... as this weight loss journal continues.
nolachick is offline   Reply With Quote