Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-17-2008, 01:47 AM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default O the pain

A friend got a little too rough, and hyperextended my elbow. It's been painful (but less so) for weeks. Anyone have any advice on how to ease the pain so I can get back to lifting weights? The range of motion in my arm is limited, and any kind of downward pressure on the joint (like holding a dumb bell) is quite painful. I've tried icy-hot (rub, patches and wraps), ice packs, heat packs, ibu-profun, stretching...am I just stuck until it heals?

Second [easier] question : I just started running. I'm naturally not a very "runner"-ish person, but I decided it was finally the time to give it a shot. MY CALVES HURT. Not my thighs, my knees...the top of my calves are under constant, CONSTANT tension. Will they adjust?
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:50 AM   #2  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

on the running issue--be sure that you are wearing GOOD shoes! when my shoes start to get worn my feet and calves start hurting when running. Get fitted for a good pair of running shoes at a running shoe store(new balance..etc..) and be sure you are STRETCHING really good after running, quads, hamstrings and calves stretch them good! After I run i stretch for about 10-15 minutes and follow that up with some yoga! Its awesome! have fun and good luck!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:29 AM   #3  
Life shouldn't be on hold

S/C/G: 310/307/150

Height: 5'7''

I never remember to stretch... Somehow in my head it seems like a waste of time but I KNOW it's not. I should seriously start doing that...
SoyLaBelleza is offline   Reply With Quote