Old 04-16-2008, 06:38 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something chat Wed. April 16th

GOOD MORNING ALL!!

Hope everyone is well.

Trish, hope they are able to pinpoint what is wrong and get it under control

MOm...what fantastic progress you have made. I have stretch marks everywhere, even got them when I was going through puberty...I think I'm gonna give that BIO OIL a try...Keep up the good work sista!!

Steph, glad you had a great weekend, hope your ankle is better today!!

Joan, I think we're a day behind you on the weather...gonna be 60's today, 70's tomorrow. Does your DH work for A-B?? My goodness, Bud Light is my fave!!! I will give the lime one a try, I do love lime. Funny story: when we were dating, we used to get this particular condo as the Jersey shore every year. Well, the one year, staying in the condo from us were a bunch of Bud Light promo guys. They would go to the clubs/bars in that town & give out free stuff. anyway, over the course of our week there, WE got 2 hats, 2 shirts, a couple keychains, and on the last Saturday we were there, the one guy was supposed to go to a club to work. He decided to have a beer with us & our friends. Needless to say, he never made it to work, and we drank free that whole night, he just kept going in his place & bringing out 6 packs. He said it was "good promo" for the product, lol. Man that was a lot of fun.

Well, things seem to be on the up-swing here. Frankie went back to school yesterday...he said there was a rumor going around that he got electrocuted & was in the hosp. Funny, huh?? Cadence just lay on the couch all day yesterday, finally ate last night. Gonna see how she is this AM & maybe send her to school today. She never had a fever, just the pukiness, so hopefully she feels up to it.

Um, she just came downstairs...let me go check it out, I'll drop in later.

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...woohooo!!!!! im down 2 lbs to 165. Finally broke through that 167 (i've been hold there for a few weeks...but honestly my eating wasn't on tract either so that's probably why). Only 6 more lbs to the half way mark. Feel good this am. I tried to get up early to go to the gym...yeah right that didn't happen (LOL). Oh well, I'll go tonight. I really needed the sleep.
pam- hopefully both kids will be back to school and you can get some rest (:

karen-can't wait to see the new do.

joan-if it was nice last night i would have taken the mutt for a walk...she was begging for one but it was 35 last night...toooooo cold for me (:

hannah-hope youre ok...haven't seen you around for a few days.

cc-let us know what the dr finds...and as for your comment about the chiro...i too am glad she's doing thing properly. Im very impressed she actually wanted to do test first and diagnosis before just randomly cracking and popping things back into place LOL. She does a lot of chiro work on kids too...its pretty cool. She has a dog that stays all day at the office to help keep the kids relaxed and calm. A very neat atmosphere.

alright all...got to get to work early to get some stuff done (its been so busy i never can get little things done).

hope everyone has a great day!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Chicks It's already Wednesday!
Pam, Glad to hear the Frankie is better and back and school! Isn't it funny the things that kids come up with sometimes? lol, Hope Cadence is doing better as well.
GG, WOOHOO! Way to go girl! Keep up the great work!
I was wondering, are any of yall going to sign up for the biggest loser challenge? I signed up, thought I could really use the extra push over the next couple months.
My ankle is feeling better today so I am going to do a little walk on the tred, then weights. I feel yuck not having gotten in a work out in for so many days, it's been since last wednesday! wow, need to get a move on!
Well gonna get the girls ready for school
Hope everyone has a great day!
Steph
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Just wanted to check in before I go die. I woke up this morning with the dizzy's. I have episodes now and then, this one is starting out slow but I think its gonna hit me like gangbusters in a little bit. I hope it decides to go away rather than get worse, the only thing the Dr's have told me to do is lay down until it completely passes. Yeah, right! I have 5 flippin kids, lay down, bah humbug! Well, I gotta get some stuff done before my fridge gets delivered and hopefully I won't succumb before then. Hope everyone is doing well. Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Mornin ladies!

Pam, glad to hear Frankie and Cadence are doing better!

Gg, congrats girl, you are doing great!

Stephanie, I signed up for the challenge too. I really need something to get my but in gear. Maybe we'll be on the same team.

Trish, dizzy's are scary! Lay down if that helps, everything that needs to be done will wait!

I don't know what I did to myself yesterday but at the end of the day my back hurt so bad, I could barely move. It did feel better this am but I'm gonna take it easy for the most part. I usually don't have back pain, so I feel for you guys who do. I thought I was gonna have to have someone dress me for bed, lol.

Hope everyone else is having a great day! Talk later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello all!

Pam sorry about the kiddos, what happened? is he ok? I bet you are happy they are all back at school. Get some rest!

GG congratulations on the loss!!! you are on it girl!!! how is your ankle? feeling any better? I hope things have settled at work.
Thank you for asking about me

Steph I am glad you are feeling better, good for you to sing up for the blchallange!!!

Alicia that is great you sing up too, you guys have to keep us posted, sorry about your back, that is not good :sad:

Hi Lauren!

Well I am OK, I can't believe I have not been in here since the 8th, wow! I have been trying to take it very easy and rest, rest is what I have been needing a lot of, I can't figure it out, I am just chronically tired, it is a wired feeling. I had a great weekend, Sean has been very stable, which is fantastic! yesterday he got to the highest level at school "gold" for very good and safe behavior, we are so proud of him!!! He has been able to play a lot and do things w/other kids, and stay up a little later than usual. I am very happy for him.
The dudes are all getting a long and being very busy, not to mention keeping me busy, Coco Loca has a new name added to her Budda, she eats like a little pig! and Bailey Aka lumpy is well adjusted, he and Coco are like one dog, they are always rolling together, following each other, on and on... Zurg and Thor are their usual, not as jealous any more, they are all one big family!
My neighborhood has been kind of entertaining, there has been a couple of moms who have been fighting and it got pretty heated last week, lots of yelling and screaming, I thought one mom was going to hit another mom. While it was entraining I thought it was very inappropriate for this to happen in front of the children, I have been kind of the "neutral" person and all the moms have come to me and talked about each other, I just listen, I don't want to get involved. But it has sure been entertaining, to say the least!
This week I am staying home all week, I have not even answered my phone, I am not going out for lunch w/ANY one, I am not shopping for ANYTHING not even the grocery store, I need a quiet time, it feels great!!! I am always on the go and always doing things for everyone around. I don't know why I feel this way, but I don't care!!! I am going to listen to my body for once, LOL.

OK I will be back in a little while! coffee just bipped that is ready

to all! sorry I have not been around!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:54 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6

Patricia...YAY!!! Way to go girl!! Keep up the good work.

Steph..I hear ya on the not getting a workout in. I haven't done anything except bellydancing since last Thursday!!! gonna try to get outside for a couple miles tonight.

Trish...that is a scary condition!! hope you are OKAY!!

Alicia...Hey, girl!! I hope your back is feeling better today. I'm gonna have to check out this BL thing...

Lauren...hey back! How's little Eli doing at night lately??

Hanna...so great to hear from you. Glad that Sean is doing so well, that's awesome. Nice to hear the pups are happy, too. Goo for you for taking care of yourself. Don't plan anything until you get some rest.

Well, I took an hour nap today!!! WOO_HOO!!! I feel a bit recharged. After dinner tonight we have to go apply for passports, then gonna come home & try to run for a bit (if my body remembers how, lol). Kids seem to be pretty well back to normal, Thank God. Thanks for all the well wishes & prayers.
Little niece Gracie now has RSV...they think she got it from someone that came to visit her. Dummies...my brother never tells anyone not to come see her. I'm the only only that hasn't visited, thank goodness I didn't, she may have gotten this stomach bug. That's exactly why I don't go see her. You never know what kind of crap you have until after you're contagious!! Oh, well. Hopefully the poor little thing will be on the road to recovery soon.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful evening. Off to get dinner started!!

HUGS,
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:04 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Pam, Ugh, sorry for little Gracie. Hopefully brother will learn his lesson.
Eli's doing pretty good. The crate is in our room, so he sleeps pretty much all night. What annoys me is that DH usually gets up at 4:30ish to walk/run and I told him he's got to let Eli out then. I guess he has been, but then he puts him back in the crate while he goes on his walk/run, since Eli can't run yet (thanks GG!!). Anyway, he ends up whining and fussing a bit and of course I'm awake. I don't need to get up until 6, so it's pretty annoying.

Hanna, FABULOUS for Sean! Have you been doing anything different that may have helped that you can think of?? I know Peter has been slightly more manageable this week because it got nice out and with the puppy, they're outside every night when we get home from work/daycare, running around the yard with Eli!
What on earth are these moms arguing about?! Sounds crazy! Glad you're getting some quiet time to yourself, you're always running, you deserve it.

Alicia, hope the back is feeling better!

Trish, you take care of yourself girl!! What does the doc say about the dizziness? I mean, why, not what to do!

Steph

GG, Congrats on breaking the 167!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Lauren yes Sean's medicine changed about 4 months ago, but we were not going to see changes till now, thank G-d they are working !!! the poor kid needed a break too! what kind of puppy did you get? How exciting,! name? glad Eli is doing better too.
The moms in the neighborhood have been fighiting for ever, but last week Nancy told Lucy to go tell her mom Jackie she is an then the (idiot) mom Jackie came outcame out and they started going at each other, later anther Susan came out and I was trying to keep every one calmed, Susan last mom that came out had not seen any of the stuff that was happeing, but her DD told her they were calling her names, NOT, so I set the DD straight infront of her mom Susan, and I told Susan how things happend, she asked me to tell her if her kids are ever doing anything and she will set them straigh, Well I think her kids afe afraid of her and her husband, and they also have putty mouths, so this time I had to tell Susan yes your 2 kids have a putty mouth and they always want to acuse all the other kids of things they are doing to them, not telling the entire story of why the rest of the kids are mind to them, Helloooo! we are all tired of her kids durty voucavulary. I hope I didn't cause a problem at that house, but someone had to say something and she asked me to tell her.... So now, some of the kids are playing w/others but not all together, I hate adults involving the kids in adult fueds. Over the weekened I set up the big water slide hoping ALL the kids would play together and kind of break the ice, since honestly my house is the neutral place for all adults and children. I can't get in the middle of all this saga, the neighborhood kids are pretty much all of my DS's socialization, wow! that was a lot of typing! sorry!! thank you for listening.

Pam glad everything is getting back to normal, what is RSV?

See you in a little while
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Hanna, don't you love the drama? We have had incidents around here, not to the point where mom's are yelling at each other, but very similar with kids spoutin off with so and so said such and such... like you, i just try to stay out of it. I was gonna ask you, was it your ds that was diagnosed with aspergers? I know someone mentioned that, but I can't remember who. If so, I was gonna ask you a couple ?'s about it. I have a brother whom i have always felt had it and has been misdiagnosed... Oh and good for you for taking a week off! Everyone needs that every once in a while!
anyhoo... Lauren, glad to hear the new pup is doing well, our dogs would do the same in the morning when dh had to get up to go to work and I didn't need to get up yet. They stop in time.
Alicia, I sure hope your back starts feeling better quickly!! I have had back pain for so many years and don't wish it on anyone! Take it easy so not to make it worse!
Hello to everyone else, gotta go figure out what the kids are arguing about...
Will check in later...
Steph
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Pam ~ yeah! The kiddies are on the mend. LOL at Frankie's story. Leave it to a kid to come up with something like that. Yes, DH works for AB. It's such a excellent company. I don't like BudLite at all but this Lime stuff is excellent. He is constantly getting promo pieces and we supply friends/family with beer all of the time. Wish that you were closer!!

GG ~ way to go Girlie!!!! Down another 2 lbs. Very cool.

Stephanie ~ where do you sign up for this BL dealie???

Alicia ~ hope that your back continues to get better. Not fun!!

Hanna ~ I'm so HAPPY that Sean is doing so well!! Such good news for him and your family. Your neighbors sound ridiculous. Grown women acting screaming and yelling at each other? I can only imagine what their kids must be like.

Lauren ~ LOL at DH putting the pooch back in the crate. Sounds like it's just a matter of time though before Eli is going for a jog with him.

Early dismissal today and we have made the most of it. The weather is in the 70's so we hit the park this afternoon. We all got some sun and exercise. So much for getting up at 5:00 this morning to exercise... we stopped to get ice cream on the way home. Now we're all full and DH will be home any minute for dinner. Better figure out something to feed him. Talk to everyone tomorrow ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Stepahie ~ we were posting at the same time. My 10 year old son has Aspergers.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:32 PM   #14  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello guys. I have some good news. I've been laying off desserts, and following the Ediet menu for dinner. I've lost 3 pounds in about a week. I'm very excited about it. I've got to get off my lazy butt and exercise. I've been spring cleaning this week, so as soon as I get done with that I am going to start back on the treadmill and doing my recorded exercise shows.

The hair doesn't look so good (style wise) today. Sleeping on it didn't do it any favors! I like the color tho. We went with caramel highlights and it looks nice. I took some pics but I haven't downloaded them yet. I will try to do it tomorrow.

GG: Yeah on the loss! Awesome.

Pam: I'm glad the kids are on the mend. Too funny on the explanation for your DS's absence!

OK, DH just came in. Talk to you guys later!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote