Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-15-2008, 11:39 PM   #1  
Life shouldn't be on hold

S/C/G: 310/307/150

Height: 5'7''

Cool Dat, da, da, daH! Prooozac!

It came to my rescue. I laughed at my doctor. "Are you stressed about work, school, relationships, health, family issues?" OMG, are you kidding me?! Can I pick EVERYTHING?! "Recent major life changes, close deaths, loss of life path, stressful events?" Omg, yes. All of them. Whew...

Of course, I've been depressed for quite a long time. But Prozac seems to be doing it's job.

Now I just have to get the blood work done that she wants... She thinks a thyroid problem is to blame. Anyone else have this issue?
SoyLaBelleza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:38 AM   #2  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

I have thyroid issues also and didn't know it till the last couple of years. It definitely contributes to my depression problem. I had run out of medicine for my thyroid and let it go a couple of months and just felt like crap. I highly recommend getting the blood work done!

Join us in our weekly chat thread. We all have a lot in common. (Put me down for loss of life path in particular. )
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

DEFINITELY! thyroid issues! you might want to read the info I've posted on the threads here under "Depression Articles". Here is the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=49146&page=3

The first post is an article on depression and thyroid, and then the second post is a very little of what we have been thru.

also - I'll just mention this - Prozac can be bad for your thyroid - which is kind a double whammy if you already have a thyroid problem.

You might also want to check out the info at
www.stoptheythyroidmadness.com

there is a whole section on "thyroid, depression and mental health" that has a wealth of info.

Please let me know if I can help with any of the info.

Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 04-16-2008 at 10:31 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #4  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Awesome links cathy!!!

I'm a prozac fan too. I was not aware that it had negative effects on thyroid in some, but now I do! Knowledge is power and I will make sure to monitor my Thyroid levels.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:42 PM   #5  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I'm on Prozac!! I LOVE it!! I wish I was on it last year instead of that awful Zoloft.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote