Old 04-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 287/258/180

Height: 5ft 4in

Default New to Forum

Hi, I am a 41 year old mom of three boys. I have been wanting to lose weight for eons now, and I finally have gotten up the gumption. I have decided this time it is going to be a lifestyle change-and not just a diet. I have gained and lost and gained again and was at my heaviest ever at 287 lbs. I have since lost 7 whole pounds in about 3 weeks which for me is astounding!

Recent attempts to lost weight such as with the South Beach Diet were not great. I lost 1 lb in two weeks-and was so discouraged that I quit! Well that was about 3 mos. ago and I have recomitted myself. This time will be the charm.

I would love to find a few buddies to share with. Is there any other newbies out there that are looking to lose at least 50lbs. that would like a weight loss buddy?
dscheppke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #2  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi DS, welcome to the 40 somethings.

You will find lots of support on here.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:21 AM   #3  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi and welcome! I'm also new here and have found a lot of info and smart advice. You sound a lot like me-I have 2 sons and a step-son (who's now giving us step-grandchildren!), 45 years old, and have struggled with my weight for my entire life. I haven't had success with South Beach-right now I'm kind of working my own plan, but stresses have made the last few weeks very difficult. I know you will find a lot of support here on 3FC. I and I'm sure many others would love to be diet buddies. You've come to the right place!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #4  
Andrea

S/C/G: 194/189.5/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. I'm at wit's end. I'm a 45-year old mom, married, working full time. In December 2006, I suffered a heart attack but recovered pretty well. In addition to lowering my cholesterol and rehabbing my heart, I was of course told by my cardiologist to lose weight. I began exercising, changed my diet, and dropped 15 pounds. But...things went south. Last October, my doctor admonished me to lose 10 more pounds by my next visit in 6 months (which is next week). Guess what? Not only did I not lose the 10 pounds, I gained it back. I'm practically at the weight I was when I had my heart attack.

I don't know where to turn. I watch my diet pretty closely and have really modified it in the past year. I exericise 4-6 times a week (riding horses and treadmill - vigorously!). Short of fasting, I honestly do not know what else to do. I am so utterly demoralized, humiliated and frustrated. This morning after weighing myself, I just sobbed in the shower. I am dreading that doctor's visit next week - he's going to be so pissed at me!!

I just need a place to vent...and to see if anyone else is in a similar state. Thanks for the patience.
LetsGoMets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/164/135

Height: 5'3"

i am new to this msg board and have lost 20 pounds since Jan. Just looking for someone to talk to so I can keep going toward my goal of 50 lbs
Freem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'9"

I am new here and I have not ever joined anykind of group like this. Not that I am computer illiterate but I just always have had the philosophy of "I can do it myself"...well I am not being very successful. I too and at my wits end. Any suggestions will be helpful. If I can remember with my busy lifestyle to check this forum regularly I hope to lose at least 50lbs. I am at about 240 right now and I should be around 165 for my height. My children are grown and we now have grandchildren. I am in my 40's...49.
TammyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW 226/ CW217/ GW 145

Height: 5'4

Hey Ladies.. I am pretty new here .. I did join in Feb. but have not really been on for about 6 weeks. Work was busy and so was home life.. I am 45 with 3 girls 20, 15 and 11.. the oldest is married and lives in another state : (
I too have tried many times to lose the weight that seemed to slowly creep up on me. Come to find out I was the one holding me back lol.. This time things are different .. Since I started around Christmas time I have lost 19 pounds.. I am doing south beach.. and tweeking it.. It took me until March to get into exercising.. I started walking at lunch time at work.. 40 mins.. Just this past weekend I joined th YMCA.. I am lookin and feeling better about myself. My daughter also started losing so that really helps.. and of course this site is great. I know I will not give up on myself! I will get there. I have at least 60 more pounds to go. But like Loreal says Im worth it ..
mommamurray is offline   Reply With Quote