Old 04-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #1  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Physicians Weight Loss Center...

Anyone heard of this place? I just heard an ad on the radio for a local office in my area. They having an open house tomorrow with all kinds of specials and free introductory things.
Does anyone have any experience with them? I looked it up online and it looks like it is pretty low calorie but there is a 1500 calories option which is the only one I would feel comfortable doing. I'm thinking about checking it out.
Any opinions? This is the best place to come to get good advice
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Do you know what their basic premise is? If you already know what to do, you'd save money by joining a support group instead, such as Overeaters Anonymous. I understand you are allowed to use any diet plan you want, and it is extremely inexpensive to go.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

If you go please share with us what you learn. I have seen the add on tv in my area also.
debi
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have never heard of this plan. I am a calorie counter and have found I don't need to pay somebody for something I can do myself.....for free.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #5  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Well turns out the open house is today from 1-4 pm. That's just about the worst time for anyone who works! So for now I'm just to keep up with the calorie counting on my own. It looks like they have 6 plans you can choose from and some of them are based on calories. I was just interested in if they have anything useful to offer. Maybe one day I'll check them out just not today.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 360/seetracker/160

I used Physician's Weighloss for 6 months (i did the program with my ex boyfriend).

Basically you are calorie counting and following a low-calorie/low-fat diet. The basic plan requires you to supplement your daily food with protein shakes (made by adding water to various flavored protein powders). The protein helps you with hunger. If you need more structure, you can buy additional prepared foods from them.

They have you come in once a week to weigh-in and to get a B12 shot. Some clients are offered a prescription for Phentermine to help with hunger too.

I did the basic program and it cost me about $200 a month (this was about 5 years ago). I 30 lbs during the 6 months.

If you need the structure and accountability, then you may want to check it out. Personally, I don't think it is worth the money if you can calorie count on your own. I do recommend using low carb/high protein shakes as a supplement to your diet to assist with hunger. I have found protein shakes help me on days when I may not get enough protein (which for me can lead to hunger).

I have actually had more success on my own calorie counting. I've lost 24 lbs in 3 months.
kmg73 is offline   Reply With Quote