Old 04-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

Default when it rains it pours!!!

Well first off I will let you all know I didn't make it past tier one on saturday but I will get to that....I am first off going to vent about my weekend. Friday night I had my family over for dinner. then my son went to my moms for the night and my sister and her boyfriend stayed over we had to be up at 4 in the morning and leave by 5 to go to my audition. I was so wired in the car on the way down I didn't fall asleep. We reached Toronto and took the subway to the audition. The audition was outside and as we lined up (we were about 100th in line) it started to rain. I put up my umbrella but since so many people were piling in we got squished together and my umbrella wasn't really covering me. 8:00 comes and we are supposed to start....nothing happens. people start to smoke around me and I can barely breath oh did I mention it was REALLY cold. they do a soundcheck for the concert, then more waiting finally the host ben mulroney comes out and talks to us then they film him saying lines for the show like 100 times. then the first concer starts he sings 4 songs and repeats the last song for TV, then more waiting. then they do 100 shots of us screaming...still raining still cold. then the second sound check. then more waiting. then the second concert 4 songs..repeated last song 3 times to get a good shot for tv. more ben talking more crowd shots then they ask us to put our umbrellas down for more shots that take about 45 min ( now I am SOAKED) more waiting then they say all the supports have to leave and the contestans start to get there numbers (its now like 11:00) my husband, sister and her bf leave. Then after I get my number more wiating and they say our supporters can come back we are going inside to a warm theater. I call my hubby on someones cell phone (they offered it to me) and they come back. I get lined up and they lead us to the theater. THens ay our supporters cann't come in WHAT?!?! we wait inside for a while then comes my audition. I watch to groups go in before non advanced to the next level. We go in and there is two producers they are looking angry. I am freezing and chilled and my teeth are chattering (they don't offer us anything to drink this entire time!) they tell us to sing one at a time. First girl not so good, next girl AMAZING she sings country and they make her sing to songs...she is REALLY good. Then me.. I thought I did well messed up a bit but I was shaking form the cold, next girl good but forgot words, last girl....umm awful . they then give out critique. They say no thanks to the first girl then tell the amazing girl she is good but to nervous come back next year they look at me and they say...same to you. I don't hear what they said to the other girls because I was pretty upset. I then ask if I could sing my second song they let me. I sing they say it was better but they think I should come back next year after I little more training....and there ends my idol adventure. I swore I wouldn't cry but a mix of overtired, frusteration, cold and sore I went into the stairwell and cried. My family was outside and we left. We decided not to hang around becuase we were all so wet so we ate lunch and headed on the subway back to the car back home. we got on the subway the wrong way and had to get off and back on the other side. We got home and I was too stressed to sleep so I had a hot bath and dealt with all the phone calls and emails asking how it went. We went to bowling for hubbys work later that night but I had HUGE blisters from my wet socks and shoes. on our way to my moms house after the car starts making noise and the oil light comes on. we stop to get oil...but the oil isn't down enough to put the ligh on we top it up anyways and head to my moms. We sleep get up the next day and leave..half way home we start hearing more noises. We get home call my uncle and he says...well if its the oil pump you may have screwed the engine by now so don't drive anywhere!!!! so my husband had to walk to work this morning 1 and a hlaf hours because we can't afford a cab if we have to pay for a new engine! and nobody from work would answer there phones to drive him. oh also when I got home last night I realised that There was a sink full of dishes and nobody had cleaned up after themselves all weekend so I have anhour of dishes to do as well as laundry and other house cleaning today. I am exhuasted, stressed and....umm yeah so that is my weekend I am sorry it is so long lol but I am about ready to curl up and die hope everyones weekend was better then mine. Oh and I was way off diet all weekend!!!
irishfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/ticker/175

Height: 5'3

omg.. it sounds like a harrowing expericance.. im sorry you had to go thru that... it does seem like when it rains it does pour.. hopefully you have gotten all the bad over with and now the good will come raining in.. my thoughts will be with you...
as for the audition.. turn it around... practice all year and knock their socks off next year .. maybe save for a motel in the town they are auditioning in so you dont have to stay up all night and travel lol
jimaterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:46 AM   #3  
Recovering perfectionist

S/C/G: 250/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Irish,

I was sorry to hear your whole weekend went horribly. One thing struck me as I was reading, though: you faced awful conditions/circumstances and stuck it through right to your audition. I know I wouldn't have, even if I could sing. From what I know, that is one of the qualities needed to succeed in the world of entertainment. And in the realm of weight loss, also!

I hope you get right back on-program today. We're all rooting for you, regardless of the Idol outcome. Remember, succeeding is merely getting up one time more than we fall down.

Ti'an
Daffy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:10 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

How disappointing!

I'm so, so, so amazed & proud that you stood through all that to take a shot at doing this, though. And they didn't say "no", they said "try again". And that's what you should do. I bet your voice is beautiful!

And life... life sometimes craps on us. The car, the dishes, the chores in general. On top of the stress it must feel a little overwhelming. Make sure you take a little time for yourself to do something you'd like this week. Even if that means doing 30 minutes of absolutely nothing.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/242.1/175

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for your Idol story. My daughter and I love that show and it's interesting to hear all the background stuff. It sounds so hard to do the auditions! Are you going to do it again next year? Well, you at least have really good stories to tell.

You sound like a really strong person to have gotten that far, and it also sounds like you have very good support.

Good luck!
avi0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well guys this may not be over yet...They just released a new part of this years show. If you attended auditions and didn't get in or live in a city that doesn't hold auditions you can tape yourself singing and the producers will take a second look at you!!!!! I think I am going to do it they give you a list of songs...so I am not sure what to pick...I mean a may as well try right??
irishfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #7  
FB

Give it a try Irish! You've got a huge amount of people rooting for you!

I think it's phenomenal that you attended the first part, and dealt with those awful conditions. You're an amazing girl- I'll bet your family is sosososo proud! Your 'family' here is, that's for sure!
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #8  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Definitely give it a try! Show them how well you perform when not soaked and cold from the rain. If they said try again I would say you must be good! They don't sugar coat things so if you weren't good enough they would tell you.
Good luck with your tape! If nothing happens with that keep practicing and next year you will knock their socks off. And just think how good you will be feeling because you will be at you goal weight!
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 231/ticker/176

Height: 5' 10.5"

I'm so sorry you didn't pass audition, but you sad it, it's not over yet
as corny as it sounds, at least you tried
it was brave of you to stay focused through all of cold and rain and you should be proud

it'd be great if you could tape yourself and send it to them. it's your chance to show you at your best
if they told you you're good, but not good enough after that pre-audition torture, just imagine how great you would sound concentrated, with hot tea by your side, just you and your beautiful voice

and I'm so sorry about your car problems
I have no practical advice, I just hope you get through it somehow. I know it is hard now to think about it, but good times will come, and everything will be back to normal, and better
OolongFormosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #10  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like you've got the talent, Irish! Good luck with the taped audition!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote