Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 01:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Binge Free Challenge ~ April 14 - 20

Hi chickies!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. This is a positive thread, so I have to enforce the "be careful about being too negative" rule. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or you just need to talk privately, don't hestitate to PM me.

Let's have an awesome week!!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:57 AM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Everyone feeling ready for a new week? Today is Day 33 on-plan, binge-free for me. Yippee!

I'm happy to report that some of my new lifestyle is rubbing off on my husband. Last night he was apparently really craving ice cream but instead of going and buying any he passed and talked about how he had to "weigh-in" Monday morning and didn't want to screw up his whole week! And he lost 2 pounds this past week too, and was so happy about it! It is definitely much easier to stick to a healthy lifestyle when we are BOTH in the groove!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 04-14-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

Where is everybody this Monday?
Old 04-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Hey guys. How is it possible I've only been a member of this site for about a week and I felt weird not being able to check in today!!
You're so lucky to have a supportive husband Josephine, good for him!
Have a good week all, I'll be pretty sporadic on here after tomorrow until Saturday but no worries will have all day Sunday to get caught up :-)

~Heather ( man I can with until I'm eligible for a signature )
Old 04-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #5  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Hi guys! I usually hang out over in the 40 somethings, but I am "coming out" for the first time as a binge eater. I think just being honest about it somewhere will help me resolve it.

I am on day 4.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardHog View Post
Hi guys! I usually hang out over in the 40 somethings, but I am "coming out" for the first time as a binge eater. I think just being honest about it somewhere will help me resolve it.

I am on day 4.
Welcome! I hope you find that by just saying hey I'm a binger you'll find it easier to deal with. lol I sometimes feel like I'm a drug addict. Hello my name is Heather and I'm a binger, today is my 15th day of eating healthy.
~Heather
Old 04-15-2008, 10:05 AM   #7  
Michelle the Vegan

Welcome WardHog! Congratulations on Day 4! It is hard to admit being a binger (I don't talk about this with people in my family-- I'm a secret binger!) but it definitely helps me to admit it here and talk to other people who understand the struggle! By the way, your profile pic is fantastic, you look great!

Hey Heather, have fun in Texas, we'll be here when you get back! Congrats on day 15!

I'm on Day 34 and thrilled to be here! I've had a nice couple of days without any major temptations to binge and that feels really good. I am feeling a little bit of impatience though, because even though I've lost 13 pounds I don't really see or feel a change in my body yet and that frustrates me. I keep telling myself that all the right things: this process takes time, you don't lose it all at once, you can only healthily lose so much weight each week, you WILL eventually see the change, etc. etc. I know all these things, but I still feel impatient. I wish I could let that feeling go it is very counter-productive and achieves NOTHING!
Old 04-15-2008, 01:40 PM   #8  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Thanks for the welcomes.

Tyler, I am a secret binger, too. I go to the store, buy stuff to binge on, finish it all and hide the evidence. I really want to stop the madness. The pic in my profile was from 2 years ago, at my goal weight (~125). I gained some weight last year and I am working on losing it. I hope to look like that again. I think 13 pounds (and 34 days) is fantastic! Keep up the good work.

Stay strong, everyone!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:15 PM   #9  

I've never discussed with my family either and only briefly once with my best friend when we had consumed WWAAAYY too many drinks but never brought it up again. I want to, just not ready to tell those I'm close to.

Josephine - 13 pounds rocks, quit being hard on yourself immediately. You know that others are probably noticing changes, but we're often the last too see it on ourselves.

Ward - I totally hide the eveidence also, washing dishes, taking trash straight to the curb whatever I need to do so no one sees. Hoping to kick this soon.

Ugh today is not a good day. I'm off of work and just been lazy around the hosue. I haven't full on binged but nearly reached my calorie levels and it's only 3:15. I'm not sure why, tried to figure out the emotional reason behind it and all I'm coming up with is - Me like food. Anyway getting ready to get up, shower, get a pedicure (healthy treat), library for airplane reading, and grocery store for some healthy snacks to take on my trip. I plan on walking the dogs (can't run, legs too sore from yesterday!) when I get home and I guess at this point just having a salad for dinner since I've already splurged so much. I'm just hoping getting out of the house kills my potential binge mode.

Last edited by Fat Chick B Gone; 04-15-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Hey, I'm Kylie. I've been in the other forums, so this is my first post. Briefly, I got really into exercising and eating right last year from about March to November. I was looking good, then I spiraled completely out of control and have been binging for the past four months-gaining back everything I lost.

My goal is to deal better with stress and not binge. I haven't binged in two days.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:03 AM   #11  
Michelle the Vegan

Hi Kylie, welcome! Congrats on 2 days binge free, every day binge free is such a big WIN!!!

Today is Day 35 for me. Last night I had a few wobbly moments after dinner, I just wanted to keep eating anything, but I managed to hold on and I didn't do it. I feel more normal this morning, thank goodness!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 04-16-2008 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

wardhog and Kylie.

I've been hiding in shame for a few days because when I was ill I fell of the wagon. I spent a lot of time lying around not doing anything (so boring) and worrying about my Chemistry exam on Friday - also my birthday, how fair is that? Stress and boredom led to unfortunate overeating.

Back to day 1 today
Old 04-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 147/See Ticker/124

Height: 5'6''

C'mon Pachyderm keep it up, u can do it!!
I've lost 2lbs - I will have to keep going.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:27 PM   #14  
Michelle the Vegan

Aw Pachy, you supposed to come in here when things get tough! We are all gonna have bad days, no need to disappear! <<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>
Old 04-17-2008, 01:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 234/200/160

Height: 5'8''

Hi - I can relate to the binging problem- cookies and chocolate are my down fall... Now that I have seen this thread I am challenged to do the binge free concept... so I can start counting the days..
Like KylieH I was doing well for a time and then my motivation went away... so it is time to get it together again.
I do belong to a local TOPS group and I find the weekly weigh in does help to keep me on track... one statement in the TOPS pledge is "Even though iI overeat in private my excess poundage is there to all the world to see" I am sure that this statement also has helped me to not go off the deep end in binging and I try to remember this and stop before I eat too much.... I am no where new perfect and like I said chocolate and cookies are the hardest foods to resist!
Closed Thread