Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2002, 08:11 PM   #1  

Default Calorie counting

How many calories should one eat to a.) maintain weight and b.) lose weight? Everyone keeps mentioning 1500 - is the an accurate number? I am 5 foot 7ish and weigh 180, in other wise good health and am looking to loose. What is generally a safe range for caloric and fat intake?

Is there a good online site for calorie counting for dummies?

Cheers!
Old 03-03-2002, 11:26 PM   #2  

Hi!
Well, I am a nurse and I think that 1500kcal and 30 grams of fat is a good combination. Although, I'm getting away from fat counting because I'm using healthy oil such as olive oil. Olive oil has so many health benefits that I think counting fat lowers your intake and really, it's so good for you. I'm trying really hard to think about the nutrtional content of what I"m eating. Good luck!
girlpilot
Old 03-23-2002, 12:38 PM   #3  

Here are the links to the calorie calculators that will help you figure out this amount:

Calorie Calculator for Women: http://www.practicalweightloss.com/n...tor-women.html

Calorie Calculator for Men:
http://www.practicalweightloss.com/n...lator-men.html

Sunsmile
Old 04-08-2002, 07:17 AM   #4  

depending on how much you work out etc, 1500-1800 calories/day is a healthy option. You'll lose weight slowly but will probably be able to keep it of.
Results also depend on what you eat; this is just as important as how much you eat (!).
Try looking at www.foodfit.com and mayoclinic.com, and free-cooking-recipes.com for more god ideas.

wish you lots of success,

from Athens, greetings from Greekgirl
Closed Thread