Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2008, 01:17 PM   #1  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default What's easier for you, eating right or exercising?

At the moment, it's easier for me to get out and take a walk than to make good food choices. One is better than none, I guess, but when I eat badly,(which I've been doing a lot lately. Too many birthdays this time of year) it just makes my motivation to exercise non exsistant. I figure what's the use, I'm still going to be fat. Yes, without the walk I'll be fatter, but with the walk, I'll STILL BE FAT.

Which is harder for you? Getting exercise or getting out of the kitchen?
doIlookfat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

For me, it's both that are easier together. They support and propel one another. When I work out, I don't deviate in my eating and vice versa.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #3  
FB

Exercise is much harder for me because of my notoriously low attention span. The minutes turn into hours, the hours days. Once I'm doing it, fine, it's the dread of doing it that gets me.

Food is a fun numbers challenge. I can control everything about that.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #4  
FB

You're so very right about that SB! While I don't find myself getting down about food- it's sososo much easier and empowering when I'm exercising. The combo is perfect!
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:30 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Which is easier? Hmmm... I guess it depends on the context. When I'm tired and it's raining and it's late in the day, I sure am tempted not to exercise. But when I'm faced with an evening with not much to do, I sure am tempted to eat off my plan. So--it comes, it goes!

I look at this this way: I'm eating to lose weight--found that without the food part, exercise alone won't do it. But I'm exercising to improve my fitness, health, and metabolism, so it will be harder for me to gain weight.

It won't do me much good to lose weight if I'm just a flabby thinner person.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:31 PM   #6  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

For me, it's definitely easier to eat healthy. I loathe exercising...I've tried to find things that I like but it's hard. I like to ride my bike but I can't load it into the 4Runner by myself and I am too afraid to ride it on the street. I don't mind walking as long as I do it with my hubby and I get bored if we go to the same place more than twice in a row. My exercise now consists of walking to and from school 3 times a week, which is about a mile each time. Thanks to the 3FC 5K, I am motivated to ride my bike on Saturdays again, so that will be a little over 6 miles.

Eating healthy is much easier for me because I plan it all out. On Fridays, I make a menu for the next week and on Saturdays, I go shopping for the week. On Saturday or Sunday, I cut up the veggies that I bought for salad. There are some challenges, though, like when I don't feel like cooking and we decide to go out to eat. When this happens, we go to places that I know the nutritional info for, and I choose something healthy, like at Subway.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

For me, eating right is DEFINITELY the easier thing... It's just something that, once I started to do it, it comes naturally to me now.

Exercising, on the other hand... well, I don't loathe it or anything, but in my situation it is hard to do. I don't have access to a gym, my family does not have any workout equipment in the home, I don't have access to an indoor pool or anything like that, and I don't have space in my home to do it. I'm basically stuck with only walking the dogs outside, but even then- the weather has been nasty lately.

I have recently begun doing little exercise things inside.. situps, pushups, jumping jacks, etc. But there really is only so much you can do in a cramped little room.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:01 PM   #8  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Most of the time it is easier for me to stay on my eating plan than it is to get myself to exercise. I usually procrastinate for a little while every day before hauling myself over to my work-out room and getting started.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Eating is 100% easier. I still hate working out, everything about it. I currently exercise 1 day a week! I would like to get that number up to 4 days a week.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #10  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I guess I am in the minority with you all... Eating is definitely harder for me to control. Sometimes it is easier than other times but ultimately food...well..I am still dealing with emotional eating tendencies. Meditation and yoga are helping but I have discovered with my recent reaction to family health issues, I have still not fully recovered but I am getting better. Cardio has been suffering lately against the yoga and meditation but I know that I really need to do all 3 so I did my first work out on the elliptical yesterday and it felt fabulous...and then I did my yoga stretches and was in a serious relaxation mode for the rest of the day...very nice...
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:28 PM   #11  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Exercise is easy for me now, I am in love with it. I am in love with eating too....and not always the right stuff in the right portions
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #12  
busty nerd

S/C/G: 210/206/133

Height: 5'5"

i find it a lot easier to just eat less rather than get off my *** and do some exercise. i tend to exercise in grand gestures at widely-spaced intervals (like cycling 32 miles in a day :P) and the rest of the time it takes a massive mental effort to get out the front door to even cycle to uni or the shops. i do feel great when i actually manage to exercise but it's just the getting out there that's the problem. a good start is half the battle and all that.

Last edited by froggie83; 04-13-2008 at 02:30 PM.
froggie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/139

Eating right is so much easier.

Exercise feels great when I am doing it or just finished but for whatever reason when I am getting ready to do it or thinking about it - I hate it.

I actually think it has more to do with the getting sweaty and everything. Right now I am clean and dresses. I have no plans to go anywhere but in my mind if I wanted to I could. Once I go exercise I am basically committing to the whole needing a shower etc routine which for whatever reason just seems like so much trouble right now and life would just be easier to not go work out. I know that is not logical, but those are the type of thoughts that run through my head as I try to justify not working out.
lorilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:34 PM   #14  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

The one goes hand-in-hand with the other for me. Like SoulBliss, I am more likely to eat healthy when I exercise and vice-versa.

Exercise is a natural appetite suppresant for me. For example, last night I was kind of hungry after dinner and was about to eat something that I didn't need when I decided to take a walk instead...a little over a mile later and my appetite was non-existent so I drank some water and went to bed.
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #15  

I love working out! I discovered workout videos in 1997 and I've been doing them on and off since then. During that time I also started running and entered a few 5Ks and one 10K.

Working out is something I really enjoy and for the longest time wrongly believed that I should be able to eat whatever I wanted because I worked out. WRONG. This was a really hard lesson for me.

I think I finally understand that, for me, it really is all about what I put into my mouth. Working out helps me emotionally and after I drop the weight, I should have some mighty fine muscles I can be proud of.
angeline is offline   Reply With Quote