Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-12-2008, 07:34 PM   #1  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Default Lunges

I have such a problem with Lunges. I just can't do them or I never do them right especially alternating lunges and forward lunges. Does anyone else have this problem?
ThisTimeIsDifferent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:09 AM   #2  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

I hate them, does that count? I actually quit doing them myself, because they always seem to cause pain in my knees. I figure they are supposed to be for the quadriceps, and I am a skater, so my quads get plenty of work that way, and it doesn't hurt my knees, either!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:59 AM   #3  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I hate lunges!

I also have a hard time with them, so right now I only go half-way down (or less!). Even though I am not doing a full lunge, I make sure I keep proper form as best as I can. I am going to build up to being able to do them all the way down, properly.

I used to think that doing lunges would magically get easier one day. Then I read a magazine article where pro volleyball players were interviewed and they talked about doing lunges as part of their work-outs. Surprise! They all said they hated doing them too, and that they never get easy. Sigh.

At least I know even those super-fit gorgeous Amazons hate them and think they're hard, too.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:27 AM   #4  
Meg

Don't be discouraged, I think they will become easier as you lose weight.

I wasn't able to correctly do lunges until I had lost a lot of weight. It was a balance issue when I was heavier -- I just couldn't balance my weight in order to use correct form. I think I was about 180 - 190 when I could finally do them, though they were still insanely hard!

If I put on a 100 pound backpack now and tried to do lunges, I'd fall right over! So if they're too hard now, wait until you lose some more weight and then try again. In the meantime, focus on other leg exercises that don't require quite so much balance.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote