Old 04-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #1  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Default I have a kitty with asthma and I'm a wreck

c

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 04-13-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Stop, breathe, in and out - continue - slow breaths - deep - in and out. Again.

I will wait until you are done.

Warning - tough love advice below:

OK, now - you are absolutely correct - you need to stop obsessing about your cat. I understand that you love your cat - I am a cat person too. I have had cats all of my life, and have two now. Several lived to ripe old ages, others did not <sniff,sniff> One we have now is 17 and we didn't think he would live so long. He has overcome so many obstacles in his life - he must have 18 (not 9) lives - LOL.

Life happens. We need to control the things we can, and let the rest go. You have taken several good precautions to protect your kitty. But - hear me on this - don't go overboard. Being overprotective is not helping.

Stop calling home and worrying about the weather. Stop obsessing about this. I'm sure one of our resident vets will check in with some good advice, so I will not dispense advice on how to deal with an asthmatic cat. I CAN tell you that I had a cat with asthma live until he was 15. He was a stray and in rough shape when we adopted him at age 1.5. He was a wonderful pet and lived through several hundred plus degree days (we have no air conditioning) and northern MI winters (accidentally locked out of the house more than once).

What will be - will be. I know that you love your pet dearly, but please, please hear me - you are doing him no favors by doting on him so. He is a cat. Do not let him dominate your life. You are not doing him or yourself a favor.

Love him, care for him, even pray for him - but stop living for HIM and start living for YOU.

Last edited by CountingDown; 04-12-2008 at 04:26 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

it will be fine...you need to relax. FYI there are great treatment for feline asthma including inhalers. get your feline to the vet and get him on trt for feline asthma. good luck.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:47 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Thanks GG - I was hoping you would drop in
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote