Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 08:07 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Life is too short

Aloha,
I am 32 years old have been overweight all my life. I've tried diets losts hundreds of pounds through the years and gaoned it all back. I wish I could find the answers to my problem then perhaps there could be an internal healing leading to external cure. I could use all the help on this jouirney.
Old 03-02-2002, 08:56 PM   #2  

Default Strength in discovery

At 28, I have been overweight since the age of 6. I am learning that there is more to this process than just changing your eating habits, it requires the deepest commitment of yourself, understanding and believing you are already a wonderful person. The change most come from the inside out. If you have a bookstore close to your home, may I suggest getting the book, "Finding your own North Star-claiming the life you were meant to live" by Martha Beck, I have found it very helpful in understanding and accepting certain behaviors and then making the adjustments necessary to achieve. Let me know if you enjoy the book.

Every day, every moment that I proceed onward means I am that much stronger in body, mind, and spirit.
Old 03-03-2002, 10:58 AM   #3  
hot mom wanna be!

I wish I could give some great advice, but since I have done the same thing ave all I can say is I understand where you are coming from. I was a little overweight in school (size large-I'm 5'9) so I didnt look that big but compared to the skinny girls I felt like I was huge!! I really put on weight in my early 20's. I have lost and gained 50 pounds three times now!!
Last year (being 140 POUNDSover my IDEAL weight) I lost 30 pounds and kept it off. I havent lost any more. I lose five more to make it 35 and then gain the five back, lose two, gain two, etc...
I am now at 275 (from a high last year of 313) and still have a long way to go. I decided I am no longer interested in a quick fix just a slow steady weight loss. So even if it takes two more years to make goal atleast my weight will be showing a downward trend and not the other way around! My goal this year is to lose atleast 30 more and then keep it off too for a total of 60. Instead of lose 50 pounds in 5 months and have it all back on in a year Ill take the lose thirty this year-maintain, lose 30 or so the next maintain, etc..
I hope this makes sense and was helpful to you!

good luck!!
lorelei
313/275/170 goal
Old 03-03-2002, 06:30 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

These girls are right on the button!!!

You need to decide that you are woth it. you were given the gift of a body to live in, and like us all we have abused the gift, well I am trying to make up for 42 years of abuse and over usage. I can not expect my body to change overnight It took me 42 years to get this way. slow and steady and let my body take the time to heal is the way to go. just know that you are a wonderful person inside traped in a fat suit. we will slowly get to that person and st the body free in the journey!! (can you tell i was just talking to Pam/GBO) She is my philisophical person that visits here often !

Well just plan on starting slowly and plan on forgiving your self frequently, you will make many mistakes just realize that and forgive yourself. just as you need to forgive yourself for getting heavy in the first place.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:05 AM   #5  

Hello and welcome to our group. Having a s"support" group and a great circle of friends who can seriously relate and understand will do more things for you than anything else.

The inspiration, encouragement, support, understanding, respect and strength that we all receive from each other is amazing.

Make yourself at home here, and post and read as much as possible. It helps. Maybe more than anything else you've ever tried.

Were all in it for the long haul...together, one lb at a time.
Closed Thread