Old 04-08-2008, 02:29 AM   #1  

Default WW Canada?

It's been awhile since I've been. A couple years. I lost about 30 pounds (that I never gained back yay). Then it was $13 a week. I believe it's gone up to $15. Can anyone confirm? How much is reg?
astigmatistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:53 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Look in the phone book and give them a call . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Unless you buy package, I think it is $17/week if you pay weekly.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #4  

Oh man, asif it went up to $17, that's so expensive...it's not like they have to pay any more for what they do, do they? wow. that's disappointing to hear. I liked paying week to week...but 2 years ago it was only $13, that's a big jump.

Do you know what it is a package deal. I guess I will have to call.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #5  
Try, try again-er

S/C/G: 205/200/174

Height: 5'10"

I have been thinking about joining again, but yeah, the rates seem astronomical to my tiny budget. Also, I've heard that now instead of buying "tickets" to meetings (as was the plan the last time I went) you buy a membership for a certain number of months. So, if you sign up for three months, and miss a couple weeks, you are out the cost of those meetings. Are you a student? I've heard they have student rates but I've never inquired.
synecdoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #6  

synecdoche:
I went to the meeting last night and signed up. I only payed $45 dollars, which is the registration and the first meeting. I am paying week by week $15 a meeting. It's still a little high, but better than what I was thinking.

On the plus side, I weiged 5 pounds less than when I did at the last meeting two years ago!! That being said, WW works for the long term! AND, on top of all that I had a baby 5 months ago.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:38 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Yay! Good for you, going to a meeting! Are you doing Flex? You'll have to join us all in the Flexers area
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #8  

Yes, I am doing the flex...it's easier for me...
Old 04-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #9  
Try, try again-er

S/C/G: 205/200/174

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by astigmatistic View Post
synecdoche:
I went to the meeting last night and signed up. I only payed $45 dollars, which is the registration and the first meeting. I am paying week by week $15 a meeting. It's still a little high, but better than what I was thinking.

On the plus side, I weiged 5 pounds less than when I did at the last meeting two years ago!! That being said, WW works for the long term! AND, on top of all that I had a baby 5 months ago.
Thanks. Is that the student rate? I might go check out a meeting and then just pay per meeting and not go every week and see how it goes. I am a lifetime member (though I'm no longer very close to my goal ) so I might have to see if I can get my number and if that saves me the $30 initial membership fee.
synecdoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #10  

No, this is the regular rate. SO if you're a student...bonus? lol

I am not 100% sure, but I think you have to pay for meetings if you're not there...but I don't know how it works if you've already been a lifetime member... ? you should call and talk to them, or pop in a meeting and talk to one of the guys who takes money and stuff..once everyone is inside the meeting?