Old 04-05-2008, 06:37 PM   #1  
mugwhumps

Exclamation Health Issues

Since starting LAWL I've found I've been more run down, had my first cold in 4 years and now I have gallstones!

Anyone else have health issues? Particularly with gallstones and gallbladder attacks, how do you deal? I find my plan 4 is too much food for me period... then I get gall pains and attacks The COD staff is shuffling around the city due to lay-offs and people quitting so seems like no one is following up with the nutritionists/ dieticians to find out how I can deal with being on LAWL with my new medical issue.

Help!
mugwhumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #2  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i was having gallbladder attacks about a month after i had my DD (july 03) and ended up having my gallbladder removed in oct 03. the attacks sucked so much and they couldn't just remove the stones, they had to take the whole thing out. i'd go to a doctor soon!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/174/155

Wow, since i joined in Jan i have had the worst 3 months ever!!!! I have had cold after cold, Flu, Strep Throat, Bronchitis. All since Christmas. And i woke up today to another" TA DAAA" Sore throat. I just don't get it either, Coincidence or not, i feel worse off since starting the program. I am actually taking a break for a few weeks from program. I had a hard time a few weeks ago, and started TO again. Which lasted 1 day, i felt crappy day 2 that i could not do it. So although i won't completely be off program, i think i need a break and if that will include a few extra carbs for a few weeks i can handle that....
wish2bthin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #4  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

COunt me in.... NASTY allergy attacks! =( I hate it...
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

This has been a really bad year for viruses, allergies & such. I too, was really sick more than usual and I asked my doctor about it. He said he had seen most of his patients more than normally.

Other than that, I've felt fantastic since I've started the plan! Do you take vitamins? I take a multi everyday.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yeah, your bodies are cleansing. It is called having a health crisis. Basically, while your body is learning to be healthy, it is letting go of unhealthy things.

About the gallbladder: I do a cleanse about every 6 months that cleans out liver and gallbladder stones. It is crazy, but you pass out tons of stones. Anyone can do this, and it will get rid of stones to avoid surgery. Higher protein diets can often cause gallbladder trouble, if your gallbladder was full of stones when you started it. If anyone wants instructions for this cleanse, let me know. It is painless, but you do have to drink some nasty stuff.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:24 AM   #7  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Best advice I can give is to toss a Vitamin C on with your moringing multi vitamin. It's one of the few things that keep me from getting too rundown. Plus it gives a caffiene like energy boost which if you're an addict like me, actually helps cut down on the daily intake.

Also, try upping your water, ignore the COD hogwash that you shouldn't be drinking more than 10 glasses a day, it keeps your system flushed of the toxins.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #8  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Mug......you really need to check in with your M.D. to rule out any disease. A few routine diagnostic tests will tell you if everything is ok. It is always better to be safe than sorry. A healthy diet should not be causing you to feel ill. Do you use lites? Lites can cause a lot of stomach pain if you are intolerant to soy products. I had that problem, and never even knew until I started LAWL. I hope things get better for you soon. Let us know how it goes
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Katie,

I would be interested in hearing how to cleanse gallstones - I've been suspicious about my gallbladder for a little while now...

JulieZ
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #10  
Katie

Hi Julie, I will PM you the gallbladder/liver stones cleanse.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Katie, Thanks! Got it
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Katie, can you PM the info too? That sounds so interesting. I do think losing weight can trigger gall bladder difficulty, but then again being overweight increases your risk.

I have not been sick for months and months now! I don't know when I've gone a whole winter without a cold.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:04 PM   #13  
Katie

You know, now that I think about it, my mom and aunt had gastric bypasses a few years ago. The Dr told them both that loosing a lot of weight does irritate the gallbladder, and he removed theirs as a part of their surgery. Interesting.

Sure Barbara, I will send it right over.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #14  
Missing Ohio

Default Cleanse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Hi Julie, I will PM you the gallbladder/liver stones cleanse.
Katie, can I get that cleanse info also. Thanks in advance You are the greatest
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:19 PM   #15  
mugwhumps

hey all,

I actually know I have gallstones BECAUSE I went to the doc so thanks for the concern but been there done that.
I'm actually a nurse and I have considered the cleanse but am afraid any stones too big or stuck together can tear the bile duct or get stuck long enough to have my gallbladder burst during the 'cleanse' ...
Yes it works for some, but with confirmed stones ... it's a bigger risk.

I was doing lites, then decided myself to stop eating them... the COD won't YET refund my money for the rest of them saying "oh you'll miss them if you don't have them" or "oh they'll get used eventually, like in maintenance".... well how can I persuade them to finally refund me?

More importantly, how can I magically get rid of my gallbladder without surgery????
mugwhumps is offline   Reply With Quote