Old 04-05-2008, 07:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Default 30 Something Weekend Chat 5/5-5/6

Well I hope this is how to start the thread. I tried to post something yesterday evening but the server was so busy it kicked me out 3 or 4 times before I gave up on it. Looks like it might decide to clear up around here and let a little sunshine through today. I've got a busy day ahead, hope I have time to get my workout in and get my meals planned for next week.

Lauren I had 12 miles for last week and 13.5 for this week. Thanks for keeping track.

GG, have you tried one of those drug free pain management clinics? I heard they really work. Have a relaxing day.

Pam, still praying.

Everyone else, have a fantastic weekend and I'll try to drop in later this weekend and see whats happening. Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #2  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Pam, have a great work out, I need to plan some meals too...makes life a lot easier when we know what we are having.

Im heading out for the day soon. My dh told me to have a day to myself and he would keep the kids. Well, my 7 year old just asked me if she could come with me...so I said yes. DUH! LOL I had the day...just for me! Oh well, quality time with her does not come often. Im heading to the twin clothing sale in town and I hope to get some good deals!!
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Good morning all!!

Woke up to the sun today...couldn't belive it!! It's supposed to rain all day. Went out for a 2 mile jog (jogged MOST of it, but not all) and at the end the clouds started rolling in. Oh, well. At least I got out a bit!

Thanks to everyone for their continued prayers. It means so much!!

Patricia & Lisa...Hope you guys do something special for yourselves this weekend!! I know the time off doesn't come around much. Enjoy!!

Trish, Hope you get lots done today. Iwas thinking about you this am while I was running...thinking about you running in the rain the other day. Don't think I could do that, lol.

Mom, SILLY@!!! You had a whole day alone!! I know what you mean though. Sometimes it's nice to have alone time with just one of the kiddos. I think they need it too. Hope you find some good deals.

Off to color my hair, get a shower, and take Cady to a party at 1:00. Hope everyone has a super weekend!!

PS..Lauren I did 12 miles last week (not sure if I posted) and 14 this week! Thanks!!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...trust me...i'm going to try to enjoy my weekend with plenty of relaxation.

cc-no i haven't tried a painfree clinic. My pain is pretty good right now. I think i'll try a chiropracter first. I think my spine is misaligned. I think if i can get my spine back in shape i wouldn't have pain.

julee-yeah gators!!!! you're definately way out of gatorland but always nice to see a another gator.

pam - good for you and running.

its an ugly day today...nothing but rain...but i guess we could always use rain...still in drought conditions. Not sure what i'm going to do today..but i definately plan on some relaxing.

enjoy all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Talking

Hi!!

I'm back from church practice and thought I would see how the morning was going for everyone. I had a cream cheese cinnamon roll at practice, I was starving and they are sooooooo good. So theres my oops for the day. I 've got a lot to get done today but the fact that I'm home earlier than normal from a Sat. practice is good and now I should for sure be able to go out and get my run in.

mom, you should have called a girlfriend to go do something with you, makes it easier to tell those little ones no when someone else is involved. I'm sure you'll have a good afternoon though, ENJOY!

Pam, yea for the run outside!! If the rain is a light mist its almost kinda fun. doesn't getting your hair colored make you feel like a new woman.

gg, get your groove on girl.

Gotta go plan my meals have a terrific day wherever you are.

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #6  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

GG...I've been out here for about 6 years...prior to that I was in Birmingham, AL. I was raised in Jacksonville, FL and graduated from UF in 94 and 95. GO GATORS!

I'm trying to find some relaxation this weekend....but I have had a stomach thing that won't seem to want to go away. It is making me run down and lazier than I want to be. I know I need to hit the grocery store but I just want to stay in my jammies and do nothing but drink tea.

Oh well...

Happy weekend to all!!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:26 PM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good afternoon everyone. Well, the garage sale was a bust. We made $14.50. Whooohooo. It wasn't worth all the time/work we put into it. We are going to try for a couple hours in the AM before the tball game.

My girlie didn't get in a good nap. She's been tantruming for about an hour now. I will try to come back when I can actually think .
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #8  

evening all. Dh and i had a nice day, relaxed some and than ran errands. Now we're grilling. Its been a rainy ugly day...so now i just want to curl up by the tv and relax for the evening.

karen-sorry about the garage sale.

julee- i started at uf in 93 and kept going for a while lol (i have a few degrees). I grew up in florida...i enjoyed going to uf

alright all..just checking in..now i'm off to have din.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Just thought I stop in quickly - we made it through the birthday party - next year will be a much smaller event!! DS had a good time, although he didn't get a very good nap in with all of the excitement and people.

Trish - did you get your vehicle back yet?
Pam - good job on the running - isn't it nice to get outside again?
Mom - hope that enjoyed the afternoon with your daughter.
Patricia - hope that you are having a relaxing weekend off.
Lauren - I am at 22 miles for the week.
Julee - Welcome!
Karen - hope DD gets some more rest...I can relate to unhappy, tired child thing today.
Hi to everyone else - have a great night.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Delta, you'll have to share some birthday pics. I'm sure you have alot to clean up.

Karen, that stinks about the garage sale, good luck with the t-ball tomorrow!

Julee, welcome! Always nice to have a new member!

Lauren, I only got in 3 miles this week Thank you!

GG and Lisa, hope you girls are enjoying your weekend off!

Hey Pam, Trish, Mom and everyone else!

BTW, Stephanie, I read your post from yesterday, what a great neighbor you are, even giving the dog a bath. I hope they appreciate it all.

We spent all day working on the kitchen. We finally got ourselves a new refrigerator. Wooohooooo. I guess that motivated us to work on the kitchen. DH even helped which is a miracle! I'm not kidding either. Well I told him he is the best wall paper scraper EVA!!!! It's all scrapped and ready to be painted! I can't wait. I will post a link later to the fridge, I just love it.

Hope all are having a wonderful weekend. It's still raining and dreary on this end. When it ever stops raining, I am sure the grass is going to be knee hight and weeds are growing all over the place.

Okay, better go my bat is almost dead. Talk later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:27 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey all, it was in the 60's today and sunny! I ended up going to a "lifestyle" mall with my mom. It is reminicent of the Main Streets of yester-year. We walked all around it for about 2 - 3 hours. It was very relaxing and we had alot of good laughs.

I scheduled a massage on Tuesday before work. The stress level has gone through the roof since my boss was on vacation this past week. I am soo looking forward to it.

Lauren, I am at 11 miles this week.

Karen, just remember girlie will grow up way too quickly.

GG, glad you enjoyed your day off. I now root for the gators (unless they play Ohio State) because of you.

hey to everyone else.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:30 PM   #12  

lauren glad you enjoyed your day off...sounds like a nice place you went to...and a massage is always good. Thanks for rooting for my boys...don't worry...i too root for ohio state also (gf is a big fan) unless they are playing gators

alicia congrats on getting more work done on the kitchen

night all
Old 04-06-2008, 07:52 AM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

OK, I don't think I'm meant to post this AM, this is the 3rd try...I keep hitting something and clearing the post.

GG, wasn't me, I have to go read through yesterday's posts!

Lisa, I hear ya', I grew up in a main st. community and it was nice. I miss that here. It's a great town, just no main st. area.

Alicia, What color are you painting the kitchen? How exciting about the new fridge!

Julee, Glad you joined us!

Pam, how's Gracie doing? I think that's her name? Good for you on the jog!

I'll post the exercise thread later, when I get home from church/haircuts, to give Christina and Joan a chance to check in.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:07 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

GG, it was me, Lisa, that also had the weekend off. Silly girl, 20 lashes with a wet noodle.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:07 AM   #15  

oops lauren sorry meant to say lisa...not sure why i always get my names mixed up..probably becuase i read too fast LOL.

i had a great sleep in this am....slept until 8.30 and it felt great!!!!! DH is making breakfast as type. Then we'll see what to do later. May take the mutt for a walk up the mountain at some point. Waiting for the sun to come out.