Old 04-03-2008, 03:47 PM   #1  
Amy

Talking Summer Inspirations!

Hey guys! We're all starting to challenge ourselves to lose certain amounts for summer, so I figured I'd start a new thread where we can all share our vacation plans, etc. for the summer!

I personally will be working at this really nice Christian resort in North East, MD called Sandy Cove Ministries. I went there my whole life as a kid, then worked there for 5 years through high school and college. If any of you are unfamiliar with it, if you've seen Dirty Dancing, it's very similar. Except Christian. It's gorgeous and right on the bay. Anyone interested should check out their website.... www.sandycove.org.

Anyways, I work in the childcare program. This summer I am applying for the Director program thoughm so we'll see how it goes!

It's still snowing and raining and cold in some areas of the country as we have heard, and we need something bright and exciting to cheer us up!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #2  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

I have absolutely no clue what I'll be doing as far as work!

What I do know is that I will be doing these:

Work at A-Kon in Dallas, TX (It's a big anime convention)
Go to New Orleans for National Association of the Deaf Conference
Hopefully travel back to Ohio to look for places to live or something!

That's pretty much what I've got planned for sure this summer. =)
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #3  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Okay, I am going to tell ya'll where we are planning on going at the end of June and before I do. NO we are not rednecks just fans of the show and cars. We are going to the Dukesfest in Georgia at the end of June. We will also incorporate Six Flags and Stone Mountain. I am excited about this trip this is the first family vacation we have been on in a while. Lately, it has been weekend trips for my DH and I.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

For summer I spay and neuter as many animals as possible. Especially kittens! No kidding I do not go anywhere during the summer because it is too busy at work. I will be taking my DD on college tours through out CA. Hoping she picks a school close to home. I miss her already.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

We're going to NY in July. We're getting my youngest baptized there and we're also doing his 1st birthday party there. We're going for a little over 2 weeks so thats our vacation for the year. i cant wait because i know the boys are going to have a fun time, my oldest loves trains and we're definitely taking him on the subway again even tho its nasty. LOL. The last time i was in NY in 2006 i was 132lbs so hopefully this time i'll be the same weight. Thats my goal. I hate seeing everyone again and being a balloon. When i left NY in 2005 i was 180+ and i would blame that on being 7mo preggo but even before i got preggo i was that weight. Oh i need a vacation badly.

Great thread.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Good idea for a thread Amy! I was so mad when it started snowing yesterday. This is getting ridiculous!

We have tons of summer plans. That's why I'm trying to be super motivated and focused right now before the craziness begins. It'll be tough to stay on track.

This is also our last summer before we jump on the "baby train". So we're making the most of it.

We're going to Vegas the week of Memorial Day to celebrate my twin nieces turning 21. Going to Omaha in July to see an outdoor concert - just an overnight trip. Going to Detroit Lakes, MN for a week in July to a music/camping festival.

Have a bunch of birthday and holiday celebrations planned too. May & July are already booked solid. We also have monthly BBQ's at our house for all our friends an family. They are kind of a big deal my DF being a chef and all. Tons of people, food & alcohol.

I can't wait!
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

I don't know if I should post here or not... I don't think we will be vacationing anywhere this summer, although I would LOVE to! For the past few years my kids have been going to spend a few weeks Grandma and Grandpa in Colorado, which is kinda like vacation for a few days and then its just realllllllllly boring and QUIET! I don't even have to clean because there is NO MESS! So what I end up doing is just working a buttload of overtime.

I think it's going to be a bummer this year because I can see myself close to my goal weight and would love to go somewhere tropical and get to wear all those cute clothes, but my DH doesn't have vacation time yet...

Sorry to be a downer...
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:20 PM   #8  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Jill, Are you going to 10k in DL?
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #9  

Yes I am Cecilia! This will be our 4th year!

Are you?
Old 04-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #10  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

This year I am not. I have went the last 3 years. I think I am getting to old. My son will actually be visiting over that week. So I decided to skip it this year. Kinda sad. But I can always go next year. So far my Fav band hasn't made the line up yet. If they do I may come for the one night....? Then we can meet up! HA!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: S-194/C-182/G-135

Height: 5'3"

My work is seasonal (wedding photographer) so I'll be working almost every weekend. I have 2 weekends free and then i'm busy working almost every weekend until November. Makes the summer go by fast. I always have to watch myself with those big wedding meals every weekend. gah!

Other than working I'll be relazing with the kids outside and maybe even get a mid-week camping trip in there somewhere.

I am hoping this year to be able to wear shorts again, it's been a few summers since I felt comfortable wearing shorts.
betty big bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #12  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

It's camping time for us. We have several great state & federal parks within a two hour drive, so we are gone about every other weekend. We have long weekend trips with the family planned for Memorial Day and July 4th weekends. Then we will end the summer with our Alaska cruise in September. woohoo!
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Yeah to shorts! Shave those legs, use some sunless tanner and show those babies!
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #14  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

We don't plan to do too much but a bunch of little things here and there over the Summer, BUT ... we are planning a visit to my in-laws toward the middle/end of August. I want to be in Onderland by then (I would like to be at 195 or less). We go to a water park and I want to be able to not look like a Shamu that escaped Florida and headed to New York for the Summer.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
We go to a water park and I want to be able to not look like a Shamu that escaped Florida and headed to New York for the Summer.
OMG! That made me crack up! Too funny Kelly!