S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Thursday

starting...
Old 02-28-2002, 07:25 AM   #2  
It's a life long struggle

I hope you don't mind that I started a thread....but I am just SO mad at myself that I had to post this before I changed my mind and went into hiding again. I SO screwed up yesterday and I can't even blame TOM.

1. big mac
2. med fries
3. iced tea
4. strawberry shake
5. croissant with LOTS of butter
6. 1 cookie
7. chocolate bar
8. pork slovaki sub (HUGE) smothered with cheese

Old 02-28-2002, 10:05 AM   #3  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Fessing up....

Angie:
Was that from yesterday? If it was then fahgeddabout it!
My evening constisted of snacking out my wazoo! But today is a new day and we'll never get anywhere if we keeping looking backwards!
Good luck today!

Boss is on a rampage! Must get back to work!
Kirsty: How are you on ice cream? I'm managing to stay away from...shhh, (whisper) chocolate, but the damn cadbury fairy is calling, no screaming my name!
Calgon, take me away!!!
Old 02-28-2002, 10:19 AM   #4  
Bono Fanatic!

Red face Morning girls!

Hope everyone is doing well today.

Angie - I agree with Stacey... forget about it! Think about how badly you feel about it right now and try to remember that the next time you start to eat that way. It happens to all of us and you just need to move on. I'm sure today will be a better day for you!

Stacey - STAY AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE!! Do you need me to kick the Cadbury fairy's butt for you?!

Ali - Now you have a choice of what job you want?! That is great!! Looks like you'll be able to get out of retail! I have found that no matter what ups and downs the job market takes, the legal profession isn't quite as affected. Good luck with your decision!!

Rina - Thanks for remembering me throughout this move! And unpacking is definitely going better than the move! I am so happy now that I am getting settled!

All is well here. I am getting settled into my place and I love it!! I wish you all lived around me so you could come and see it!! It is the entire first floor of a house (2 bedrooms), and I only had a teeny tiny one bedroom apartment before so I am still pretty clueless as to what to do with all of the space.

I took a break last night and went to a bar with a friend to watch the Grammy's. Have I mentioned that I love U2??! Everytime I see them perform I become a bit obsessed all over again. It is a sad thing, really!! Maybe I need another hobby!

I'll be back!

Last edited by JKarr; 02-28-2002 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:12 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

hi girls,
angie - if only you could see the latest UK WW magazine. it's got a great article on positive thinking and has a section on what to do after a blowout. I'll type what that bit says here:
"Don't let one minor slip-up lead to a downward spiral of diet destruction. To stick to any long-term healthy eating plan, you need to feel confident that you can cope with the occasional blowout--because you will have them. Be realistic--one slap-up meal doesn't make, or break, a diet and one weekend off the rails won't undo months of hard work. So:
1. Don't beat yourself up over it
2. Keep a sense of proportion
3. Nip it in the bud
More practically, you can recover a lot of lost ground by having a week of 0 point soup for lunch and by earning but not spending Bonus points."
Hope that helps...I know you're not on WW (and I can't remember what you are on, only that I don't know anything about this Richard person!) but I'm sure you must have an equivalent of zero-point soups and gaining points through exercise? Think about why you want to be slim, picture yourself being slim and then ask yourself why you eat the "wrong" foods in the wrong amounts. You will be a 12. It just takes time, patience and willpower.
Stacey - ignore the Cadbury fairy!! come easter sunday you know you can have choccie so this isn't forever. and hopefully by then you might have lost the taste for it so you won't be able to eat v much of it. i haven't eaten any ice cream since 2 days before Lent started. i think it was when i read that b&j ice cream is 6 points a scoop (one scoop!!) that my willpower got stronger. i can have sorbet so it doesn't feel like too much of a sacrifice. i mean, when it comes down to it, i'd rather have most of a bottle of wine than one scoop of ice cream...
jenk - glad to hear you love your new place! 2 bedrooms sounds like heaven to me (i've got one and i have to share it with BF!). when you have a housewarming can i come?!
hooray on the jobs ali! have you decided which one to take?
kay - how's your friend doing?
lisa, becky, belle, tonya, kierie, lori, kim, lolly, jenl, trish, shalyne, sarah, mandie, emily, suzanne, lola and all the thousands i've forgotten - come out and post!
kirsty
ps my being good has finally kicked in and i'm 3 pounds down this week. WOO HOO! yoga is definitely toning up my hips and thighs so i'm a happy bunny.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:27 AM   #6  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Yea Kirsty!! Are you a happy choccie bunny?
The first two weeks weren't bad for me, it's the TOM days that are bad. I'm with you...I'd rather have lots of wine than just a taste of ice cream! Unless it's b & J chunky fudgy brownie...look out easter, here I come!
JenK: Way to go on the move! Our realtors were supposed to come over tonight to get the ball rolling for us, but they have the flu! (They are a husband and wife team) So we rescheduled for Monday night. At least now I get to watch all the good shows in person!
Ok, better get back to work!
Old 02-28-2002, 11:30 AM   #7  
Scotland's finest export

sadly i'm not a choccie bunny! just a "lots of fresh fruit and veggies washed down with plenty water" bunny. somehow that just doesn't have the same ring to it!!
Old 02-28-2002, 11:40 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone! I do feel better today, and I have been eating better.....I did just have Mr.Noodles (ramen I think in US) but I am counting them, and eating accordingly the rest of today. Thanks kristy for typing out all that. It really is true, and I needed to hear it. Thanks for all your support.

Hey....did I mention that I lost 2 pounds this week? Now granted I gained a pound yesterday and it would have been 3....but hey....2 pounds is 2 pounds and I am back on the wagon.

(((((Thanks all)))))

Angie
Old 02-28-2002, 11:43 AM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

angie - hooray on those 2 pounds!
has anyone else's forum changed colour? mine just did. nice one.

Last edited by Kirsty; 02-28-2002 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:49 AM   #10  

My forum is boring old grey.....what color did yours change to?
Old 02-28-2002, 11:55 AM   #11  
Scotland's finest export

various shades of green in the background with grey for messages. but before it was all pink and white and stuff. and there is a gap at the edges now which wasn't there before.
of course, now that it's changed, i can't remember exactly what it was like before...
Old 02-28-2002, 12:31 PM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey, my forum has always been gray!!! How do you get different colors??

Well, Emma had an accident at daycare and now has a cut on her forehead and a huge bump. She got hit in the head and I ran her to the doc to check it out. She is a trooper and doing fine. Other than that... been over points the last couple days but I know I am eating too many snacks.
Old 02-28-2002, 12:37 PM   #13  
Scotland's finest export

it's mostly the background colours that have changed. and it's nothing to do with me. i was fiddling about in options and then it happened! but i was looking at signature options, not colour!
jen - hope emma is ok!! i'm the queen of snacking. have you tried making sure you don't have any snacks to hand and drinking water instead? or buying really low-point snacks?

Last edited by Kirsty; 03-01-2002 at 06:14 AM.
Old 02-28-2002, 12:48 PM   #14  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Morning ladies.

I was MIA yesterday because I went to a vendors for the morning, but it ended up taking all day. Bummer. The worst party - I had packed a nice 6-point lunch because I should have been back at my desk by lunch...

But we were still at the vendors at lunch time so they ordered DOMINOS PIZZA. I had 4, yes 4 slices. They were 7 points a piece - taking me to 28. Plus 4 for breakfast. So I was at 32 without dinner.

I went to the gym and worked out a little longer than usual and had a 2 point salad for dinner... so 34 points on the day. Angie - see you're not alone!!!!!

Angie - congrats on the 2 pounds. That's AWESOME.

Jen - u2 does rock. saw them in concert last summer and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to (after Bon Jovi!) They were awesome last night too. I can't believe Alicia Keys beat them.

Kirsty - 3 pounds? You rock!!!

Stacey - speaking of B&J - my best freind just told me that B&J has a Southern Pecan Pie ice cream.... I want to try it SOOO bad. Agh.

So, it sucks that I already used my banked points yesterday because I just found out I'm going to New York this weekend. My best friend called last night and told me he two got tickets to the Saturday Night Live dress rehersal, so of course I'm driving down. But now that's 2 days in NYC. I'm a little worried about that! I'm excited about SNL - I love Jimmy Fallon!

Rina - I'm an Avs fan because Chris Drury went to Boston University the same 4 years I was there. He was a class act and the best player BU has ever seen. My favorite team will be whoever he plays for. But the Avs are the best bunch of guys I've seen in the NHL. No thugs in my opinion, although I'm biased I guess. You like the flames? Chriss O'Sullivan used to play for them. Does he still? He went to BU. And Tom Poti and Mike Greer of the Oilers went to BU. Gotta love them!

Hope all is going good with you laides!
Lisa
Old 02-28-2002, 01:20 PM   #15  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Oh - and another thing. I've been readin up on healthy eating. And I've been reading that in the last decade, since low-fat has been such a big deal that people have been cutting out those healthy fats that we need in our diets (from nuts and avacados).

And how that is bad because we need those fatty acids in those foods.

SO stupid me, goes and buys cashews. My favorite thing EVER. Here I am thinking I can have a 1/4 cup for 3 points and be done with it. Whatever... they're so good. Anyway, on Tuesday I had 9 points worth. I love them. I'm thinking it's just time I trashed them so I won't be tempted. I did manage to go all of yesterday without them, but prob only because I had 28 points for lunch and knew I couldn't.

Lisa
Closed Thread