General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Default OT: Photoshop 6 Question

OT: Photoshop 6 Question

I know I’m surrounded by smart people in here. I recently downloaded a trial version of Adobe Photoshop 6.0 after hearing a lot of great things about it. I thought I was doing the cropping right. I cropped a photo easily enough, but when I saved it, it has all this blank space in the area I cropped. I go back to view the image or print it, and it comes up with the image and all the blank space. I know it’s probably a simple fix, but I have never used any software this sophisticated before. I appreciate your help.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:09 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Photoshop 6? that is really old - I have never used 6, just 5 and then 7.... and then the newer ones, lol

Anyway this is how I do it in version 10. It should be similar in version 6.

Using the rectangular marquee tool select the part of the photo you wish to keep.
http://www.plus2net.com/ps-tutorial/images/RM2.jpg

Once you have it selected go 'image' and 'crop'

Once you have it cropped you will have to save it as a JPG in current version you use an option called 'save for web' in your version it might just be an export option.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by sotypical; 03-31-2008 at 01:09 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:10 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I found this, this should help, lol

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pho...llps502fx6.htm
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Are you using Photoshop the full version or Photoshop Elements? Elements is currently on version 6.0 and it's a little different from the full version of Photoshop.

Basically the easiest way is to use the crop tool which should be on the side menu bar. You can see across the top bar changes to the size you want for your image - select your size from the drop down or choose the "no restrictions" option. (These screenshots are from Elements 5.0, but it should be very similar in 6.0)

Then you just drag the crop tool across the image. What you don't want in the image will be grayed out. Then click the little green checkmark and ... voila! ... your crop is done.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by PhotoChick; 03-31-2008 at 01:31 PM.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

I'm using Photoshop Elements 6.0
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote