Old 03-31-2008, 08:19 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something daily Chat: Monday March 31st!!

GOOD MORNING...WELCOME TO THE LAST DAY OF MARCH!!

Hope everyone had a super weekend.

Toady is cleaning day for me. gonna go get started or before I know it I will have been on here for a few hours....I will check back in a bit!!

TATA!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! I have a loooong list of things I need to do today and things I want to do today... I am thinking most of it isn't going to get done!
The wedding we went to saturday night was real nice. We had a good time. Yesterday, just spent the day being lazy. I think the most I did was cook dinner and do the dishes! That is why I have too much to do today! Well I just realized its time to take the girls to school. Hope everyone has a great day! Stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:03 AM   #3  

good morning...its freezing here!..im so cold...its the last day of march does that mean the sun will come and warm us all up starting tomorrow!

i wanted to ask...does anyone do the spray tanning?...i always go to the tanning booth but i stopped back in october...now i really want a tan but dont want to lie out...i was thinking of doing the spray tan but im very nervous about it for the color and streaking..does it look natural?..if i go, i would have to maintain it and go about every 10 days...anyone know about it?

busy day here also, but not at home...at work..have tons of things to take care of...have a great day everyone

Last edited by Christina S; 03-31-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! Snowing here again today - could be up to 8 inches! We will see...last Friday were supposed to have 5 inches and the storm missed us completely.

Off to Healthy Moms Club this morning if I can get DS to ready!

Have a great day everyone!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

DD, sorry to hear about the snow! We are slated to get rain into snow this afternoon. Glad I cleaned the yard yesterday.

Christina, regarding spray tanning, I had it done about 2 years ago for the first and only time. I did the booth, and I did not care for it. It looked good, but I had it done in the morning, and went to Chicago that afternoon, and it was unseasonably warm, and my white p.j.'s were stained with it, but it did come out in the wash.

For the cost and how long it lasts, I would not do it again, but that is just my experience. I did not think it gave me a really great color. It is healthier in the actual tanning bed, but I do that for a few times to get a good base tan in the spring.

motomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:15 AM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone! We are having a so-so day here. I made steel cut oats in the crockpot yesterday and decided to see how it was to save the leftovers. I heated them up with half and half to thin it down for DH this AM. He took it with him in the car. Then he called and started yelling at me about how did I expect him to eat it in the car and it had fallen off the dash. I just told him I didn't expect him to do anything and he didn't need to call and yell at me when I tried to do something nice for him. Humph. I've been in a bad mood all morning now. It'll be a cold day in you know where before I make sure he has breakfast again. Meanie!

Thanks for letting me vent! Other than that, we have had a pretty quiet morning. I'm doing laundry and the kids are trashing the play room!

KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:15 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6

Hey christina...if you're just looking for a little color, I would use the gradual lotion tanner. I used the jergens brand of tanner...you put in on just like regular lotion after the shower, being careful not to over-do the elbows and knees, also wash your hands after you've put it on. I think it works really well, it's easy and natural looking. Use it lie two to three days to get a slight tan.

Hope this helps!!
Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:17 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Christina, No, I haven't done the spray tanning. I did the booth before I got married, but that was it, a few times and a bit of tan to look "healthy".

Steph, what did you end up wearing to the wedding??

Dawn, 8" of snow!! Good luck with that. Like I said, no more for me, it's not allowed here in Jersey!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Karen ~ I make a pot of steel cut oats once a week (2 c. oats to 8 c. water) on the stovetop. DH takes a cup or so out every morning and takes it for his breakfast. He fills a small bottle with 2% milk and takes that with him to add at work. Lasts him all week. Sorry that DH was being a butthead:-(. They can be that way at times.... makes me want to knock 'em upside the noggin.

Christina ~ I did the spray tanning once a few years ago and disliked it. I agree with motomom that it isn't worth the price. I used to buy Estee Lauder tanner and exfoliator (sp?) but last year all I bought was Jergens and it did a fine job. I still do buy a good exfoliator though.

Lauren ~ LOL at your wanting a tan to look "healthy." Ahhhhh, those were the days... What an idiot I used to be with tanning. I still love to have color but sunscreen is a must.

Alicia ~ Going to WW every week would hold me accountable. The other times that I've committed myself to it have been successful because of the weekly weigh-in. As soon as I stopped going, the weight came back on. I've decided that I'm going to *seriously* try and do this on my own for one more week. If I'm not as successful as I should be, I'll be going to a WW meeting next Monday or Tuesday night...

Pam ~ 12 beers!!! You were unstoppable Girl. Are you still peeing? I'd still be recovering from that. Do you remember any of the evening? LOL. Have a great week.

Hi Stephanie and Delta:-). Have a great day girls.

Took Miss Bridie Mae to be screened for Kindergarten this morning and she passed with flying colors. What a little treasure she is... I have a ton of stuff to do today so best get off the computer asap. Hope that everyone is having a good Monday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:37 PM   #10  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

It is the last day of March! It's getting closer to real spring. Im in Canada...its still way to cold and depressing here.

I am enjoying a nice quiet afternoon. I am home alone! I LOVE Monday's and Wednesdays when all my kids are at school. I should be cleaning but I am so unmotivated to clean (like I should be)...hmmm Pam...wanna come do my house to?

I went to the Y this morning and worked out. Did the bike, eliptical and aqua fit.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Last edited by momof4girls; 03-31-2008 at 01:38 PM.
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'9"

Hi all, I'm new to the site as of yesterday.
Today is already a headache because my kids are on spring break and I'm out of my routine. =( That equals overeating for lunch. I'm also trying to get alot of laundry done! Plus it's raining, but I don't feel so bad after reading about the snow someone else had! I need to go to the gym, but it's POURING and any little thing side tracks me! (I just remembered I have an umbrella in the car....there goes my excuse!)
foodvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Joan it is awesome your DS grade raised so much $$$ what a great thing! Congratulation on the K screaning!

Mo you are looking HOT! Mama!

Lisa how are you doing? I never heard of Zoups, but I love a good soup!!! Mmm…

Dawn how nice to be able to get together w/all coworkers and catch up. I can’t believe you still have so much snow, yesterday was very cool here. Today is sort of cool, but I have all the window open I need fresh air!

GG sorry about the long day at work over the weekend.

Mompf4girls I think you are doing the right thing by weighing once a month, I would do it maybe 2x a month. Your girls are too cute!

Moto that is a cute story about your mom, sorry you had to break up w/a guy
Alicia happy anniversary!

Heater it is very nice to plant herbs in the garden, then when you need them for cooking they are right there fresh! Mmmm…

Karen that was not very nice of DH.

Pam what it up w/the headaches, you and GG had them yikes! I can’t believe March is over, I have to start planning Sean’s birthday party, his birth day is the 24 he will be 8

Christina I have not been in a movie theater in a very long time, I rented a movie about a month ago, forgot I did, didn’t return it and didn’t watch it either, the only reason I know it is still here is cause DH asked me what the $39 charge for a movie company was for, I am so bad. I know nothing about spray tanning, don’t know anyone who does it, sorry

Stephanie I am glad you had a nice time at the wedding what did you wear?

food victim, I love the name!!!

I am doing great! I am so happy to say the weekend was wonderful, it is so nice to have Sean very stable, he was able to play all weekend, no major incidents, as a matter of fact I barely saw him he was must of the time playing outside, I am so happy!!!
The puppies are all great, they all welcomed “Bailey” that is the name they had given him, I don’t like the name at all, it doesn’t fit him, but he does answer to it. He loves to play w/the other dudes a lot, but when he is not playing he wants to be on my lap, so if I am sitting down knitting or what ever, he is on my lap, he is a love bug! He has a bad under bit, I need to take him to my vet, I will make an appointment later…
Here are some pictures. Help w/the name….
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zurg1.JPG (49.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg bailey.jpg (18.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg coco2.jpg (64.7 KB, 5 views)
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:53 PM   #13  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon everyone!

FoodVictim, WELCOME!!! Always nice to have someone new join!

Hanna, you must have your hands full with all the dogs. My girl dog has an underbite. Actually, I think its part of her charm, lol. So happy to hear about Sean!

Joan, I understand, I need to get my but back on the wagon and stay on... Is Brigid excited about going to school?

I've been considering a lotion tanner for DD. I might try the Jergens since you all reccomend it. I have a copoun for the one at Bath and body, I might try that one too.

Well the weather has been dreary the last couple days and I'm feeling BLAH!

Gotta go, talk later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:53 PM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Joan! How funny! Peter & went to his "kindergarten interview" this AM too! We got there early, so he was really excited watching the kids get dropped off, and the buses coming in. Then we sat in the office for a few until the nurse came and introduced us to one of the K teachers. She took Peter somewhere...not sure where...to meet with the speech therapist. I didn't know I was gonna have to wait alone! Anyway, 20 minutes later he walks back into the office by himself. I said are you done? He says, I don't know. Great... Finally the nurse comes in and confirms we're done. WTH?? So I asked him what they had him do. Identify shapes, write his name, stack blocks. Uh, yeah, he coulda done half that at 2 y/o... I'm assuming he passed!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:33 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Lauren ~ too funny that both kids had the screening today! Brigid is *so* excited about Kindergarten and when we walked out she says that she's ready to go NOW. She was under the impression that she was going to start school today. I told her that we had to wait until the fall and she says, "is that tomorrow or the next day?" I love seeing how eager and excited she is. They did the same kinds of stuff with her and then at the end they called me in to show me how she did. Thankfully, no problems at all:-).

Hanna ~ Liam didn't raise all of that money himself! His whole class raised over $1400.00. It was such an awesome field trip. I am SO happy to hear that Sean is doing well!!! New pup is adorable.

Welcome FoodVictim ~ we love having new people join us. Jump right in anytime:-).

Rainy here and looks like every day this week will be the same. Blah weather + blah mood. I love a rainy day now and then but we've had day after day of clouds. Time to get dinner on the table.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote