UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/145/120

Height: 5ft3

Unhappy wight loss

hello

I am new to this
please can somebody tell me what diets to go on or at least advise me which one works for them as im at my wits end trying to lose weight

im getting married in 17 months and i want to of lost this weight and be able to control my weight by then

all advice is appreciated thanks a lot
de
8868dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:37 AM   #2  
Carb fiend!

S/C/G: 246/232/140

Height: 5'8"

Hey,
First of all, what diets or eating plans have you tried before? I am doing calorie counting and i'm at the stage where i'm trying out different percentages of carbs, fat and protein to see how they affect my weight loss. You will need to find what works for you and your body by experimenting. Maybe you could try using www.fitday.com to log what you are currently eating and see a breakdown of where the calories come from would be a good place to start! Why don't you try logging on and entering what you eat normally for a few days and report back?
Good luck!
FakeFrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Hello and welcome!

I agree with De in that what will work for you now really depends on what has worked or not worked for you in the past.

Some people use calorie counting, and things like fitday are good for that
Some people eat low fat or low carb diets. Some people use slimfast, weight watchers, slimmers world etc. If you look around you will find many forums and threads that relate to each type of diet plan or style.

I personally have found low fat and low carb diets make me too tired, and I've gone for the "healthy" eating approach of small portion sizes, reduced snack intake, lots of veggies and small to moderate quantities of healthy foods such as oily fish, nuts and seeds. It has worked for me in the past.

The only thing that matters for weight-loss is that calories in are less than calories out, so using something like fitday to work out what you are eating now, and how much you are using through exercise, may help you to see where you can make changes. The rest is finding a weight-loss plan that works for you and that you can stick to.

Good luck!
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:37 PM   #4  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedeathcab View Post
Hey,
First of all, what diets or eating plans have you tried before? I am doing calorie counting and i'm at the stage where i'm trying out different percentages of carbs, fat and protein to see how they affect my weight loss. You will need to find what works for you and your body by experimenting. Maybe you could try using www.fitday.com to log what you are currently eating and see a breakdown of where the calories come from would be a good place to start! Why don't you try logging on and entering what you eat normally for a few days and report back?
Good luck!
Hiya Ive found www.foodfocus.co.uk works so much better for me
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:24 AM   #5  
Slimming Down

S/C/G: 267/239/145

Height: 5"4

First of all Welcome...

Bodies vary when dieting...
Is this your first time dieting?
how active are you?

I think if this is yoru first time.. maybe it better to go on one of the new diet systems... such as WW, or SW.. etc.

decide on one, and try it... we will be here to support you...
Sharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 84.4 kl

Height: 5 6'

i used slimmimg world and found it worked wonders, but they dont have that out here in the uk, also i found that before i started a diet i would meassure myself all over, eg arms ankles waist chest inner leg and so on, then on the weeks i didnt lose weight i would meassure again, its surprising that when you dont lose weight you lose inches instead, but as they say everyone is diffrent, does anyone know where i can get online help with the slimming worlds books, i had the red and green books in the uk, but since moving out here i was limited to what i could bring with me due to the bomb scare 2 years ago and heathrow, and im trying to get back on it and im a bit in the dark, if all fails ill have to try and get some new books posted out to me haha, hope all goes well this week with you weight be safe and thanks
fantasyvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #7  
44lbs gone!

Hiya Fantasyvamp, Have you tried google :P
http://www.slimmingworld.com/
http://www.slimmingworld.com/lifelineonline/

and book sites
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slimming-Wor.../dp/0091901650

and even EBAY
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_n...ing+world+book

Try even searching "slimming world ebook"
Old 04-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #8  
44lbs gone!

Slimming world online: http://www.bodyoptimise.com
Old 04-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/221/130

Height: 5ft 2in

Default I need to lose 100lbs

I am in need of some advice on how to start to lose 100lbs safely and keep it off. I walk to miles a day on my lunch break and I am trying to eat the right things. My weight just fluctuates five pounds up and down. I need help. So any advice is welcomed. Thanks,

Last edited by SuperMomof4; 04-06-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: To add weight tracker
SuperMomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMomof4 View Post
I am in need of some advice on how to start to lose 100lbs safely and keep it off. I walk to miles a day on my lunch break and I am trying to eat the right things. My weight just fluctuates five pounds up and down. I need help. So any advice is welcomed. Thanks,
Have you tried looking at something like http://www.fitday.com/ to try to calculate how many calories you are actually eating everyday? If you have a lot of weight to lose you need to start slowly. Putting your details into the counter on this website http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm (some of your details I had to guess - 5x per week exercise?) would imply that you need to eat just over 1900 kcals per day to lose weight.

If you are eating a lot less than that (quite common mistake) then you can make your body go into starvation mode, your metabolism plummets and you cannot easily lose weight.

On the other hand, you could be eating more than you should without even thinking about it as so many foods have a lot more calories in than you would think.

Calorie cycling (having days of higher and lower calorie intake) can help to break through plateaus by boosting your metabolism.

You could also try changing whatever diet plan you are on, sometimes a change in plan can give good results. You could try having a look around this website and see if there is anything that takes your fancy!

I hope that this helps!
Good luck
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 84.4 kl

Height: 5 6'

Default oopss

i ment to say i cant get the books out here in australia me bad sorry haha, but thanks for the help on sites but slimming world site i cant get into without a code and im to far away from my class to ask haha, but this site is great and i found some of my fav recipies that i loved, keep up the good work and be safe
fantasyvamp is offline   Reply With Quote