Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 03:51 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Chick Chat -- March 31st - April 6th

Hi Chicks. Starting a new thread.........Wow can't believe tomorrow (Tuesday) is April, already!!! Beware of April Fools!!! lol.

Mornin' all.

Yippee another Monday! lol. I put in my request for my 1/2 floating holiday night off. But I guess I either put in the wrong dates or my boss is an idiot, either one could be true, so will just have to see once I go into tonight. lol. I put in for either next Wed. or the Wed. after, whichever one works better, doesn't matter much to me.

DH is in desperate need of some new jeans, he only has ONE pair now. So yup that means I have to do laundry more often and we all know that is no fun, right? lol.

I received my new pants. One pair I like, the rest that I received (one is on back order) I don't really like, on me anyways. Trying to see if its worthwhile to send them back or not. I got all the pants on clearance. They say they take the price of shipping off on the credit or refund? I guess that means I get it back, right? I dunno. One pair is just ugh. I dunno doesn't look right on me at all. I look like a seal that is pregnant and about to pop! The other pair I do not like look like I could fit another one of me in them!!!

So I dunno I hate returning things through the mail but I do want pants that look right too. So I dunno. Maybe I will return the ones I do not like for a refund and try to find something at the outlet mall so I can try them on!!! lol. Sound like a good plan??? lol. So I wonder if I can call them and have them not send me the ones that are on back order, as they are the same as the ones that make me look like a pregnant seal. lol.

Well I can honestly say I haven't done much at all, since the cleaning is all done, but now there is dishes to do again and I honestly do not feel like doing them. lol. Lazy, huh? lol.

I talked to my mother Saturday night. She met a new guy, who lives in my area. He works for Kelloggs. He has 4 kids, 3 boys and a girl, but they are all older and married, like me. She says he is really nice. So we'll see.........Once again she is talking about moving up here, and now that she has a man that lives in my area, its probably a lot more likely, if it works out. Not trying to be negative, just trying to be realistic. She's gone through a few men now. I wish she would meet them the old fashioned way instead of on the net, not that there is anything wrong with that, I just think its hard to really "know" someone via the net, but I know there are lots of people out there who have met on the net and it turned out wonderful, so lets hope this works out for her.

Well my dept. is still upstairs. The girl who works my shift when I am off worked in the same cube I did upstairs so she only had to take her tower and her phone headset upstairs, instead of everything. So guess that is where I will be this week. Who knows when they will get it fixed. The way our co. is it could be a year later!!! I hope not, but I doubt it will be anytime soon. Luckily the ladies cube who we are using is on maternity leave and as far as I know she hasn't even had her baby yet, so it should be awhile yet. She had to be on bed rest due to complications, so that is why she's been out already.

Anywho......I just do not wanna go into work tonight........I guess its the case of the "Monday's" lol. I will be just fine once I get there and get all set up and ready to work.........Just getting there is the hard part. lol.

We watched "I am Legend" with Will Smith, it was pretty good, not one of his "best" movies in my opinion, but pretty good.

Weather wise it is supposed to be warm all week, so we shall see........I am tired of the cold and hot thing. lol.

Big to all of those struggling...........Thinkin about you.

Well take care everybody, I hope you have a Great Week!

Old 03-31-2008, 09:42 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Sassy girl, thanks for starting the weekly. I'm at work and is here so I can't stay.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello

Love you all, Leenie

Old 03-31-2008, 01:34 PM   #3  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi chickie!

Sassy - good to hear from you. I'd definately call the company and ask them to cancel the ones on backorder! Hopefully they will. The others I'd return, even if you get a little less back because of shipping, its still better to the money than pants made for a preggo seal! Lol! I have actually started trolling ebay for stuff that I know will fit, like brands I already own, etc. So far I've found a couple good deals that keep me in dress code while I lose the weight.

Leenie - happy Monday!

So I am in my last day in FL, and my friend just called to say its snowing at home again. Bugger. Oh well.

I am really bored at this meeting. So bored, in fact, that I can't come up with anything interesting to say, so I guess I'll go to another session and be bored there.

all!
Old 03-31-2008, 02:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang

I have missed you wonderful people We got back last night from Keystone, Colorado with the 12th graders! We had a great time and everything went great! The kids were absolutely great! and the snow was great! and tubing in the snow, and watching the snow fall (that i've never really seen before except for a few Louisiana flurries which is nothing like the real thing) and snowball fights and Bible studies and hanging out and it was all fun fun fun - EXCEPT for the 25 hours in a people mover (small church bus). sitting and riding for that long is NOT something I ever care to do again, but everything else was great!

My desk is a total wreck so I'm just popping in to let y'all know that I'm back home. I'll get back in here when I can.

Hope everybody had a great week and is doing well.
hugs & blessings,
Cathy
Old 03-31-2008, 09:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Hello everyone! Things are looking up around here, though I can still feel the darkness weighing on me.

Sassy, I know a lot of people I originally met online and I count them among some of my dearest friends. My boyfriend I didn't meet online, but we met in Australia and spent one day together and then didn't see each other again for a year and a half, and we communicated online and over the phone and through lengthy letters, and it very much kindled a romance where we started out as friends. Now we spend all my breaks together and I'll be moving down to Boston next year so I can live near him and be wooed properly.

Anyway, I guess I'm saying that while of course it's better if we can meet people in person, the internet is still a great way to add to your social network, and if romance blossoms, who are we to criticize it?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:17 PM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Cool Hi Chicks.

Hi Ladies.

I am wearing the new pair of pants that I like today......+ my new shirt I bought a week or so again + my new shoes. Dunno why I bother I work all alone now, who cares what I look like? lol. So yup I am still upstairs, we do not know for how long, it is a pain though because me and the girl who works opposite nights I do share a desk now, so we have to hook up our computers at the beginning of the week and then unhook them when we are done at the end of the week.

I will call and try to stop them sending my other pants and I will send back the others as soon as I have time to drop them off, getting to anywhere in my town right now is a complete nightmare!! They have so many roads closed it is simply ridculous. Even the School Buses have to detour. They surely did not plan this out when they did it, that is for sure.

Amarie -- what a bummer having to go from Florida to snow. ugh. hopefully it will warm up soon.

Cathy -- Glad you had a good time!

Emmy: I was not criticizing it, sorry if it came across that way. I have met wonderful people online and friends of ours did too and now are married, and the wife is from Romania, so yes I know it does work. Its just my mom has went through a few men now and that is why I said I wish she would meet someone the old fashioned way. I just want her to be happy is all. I guess I am a worrier. But I know it can happen that way in person too. I just wish her the best is all. Kinda was "talking out loud" I guess. Anywho, to you and your boyfriend, that is wonderful.

Well have a Great Night!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 05:02 AM   #7  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Just stopping by real quick. We just got back from Walmart. I'm so proud of myself. I bought TONS of fruits and veggies (as well as other stuff,lol). I also bought one of Jillian's dvds and a Mini Stepper. I'm soooooooooooo excited to try it out tomorrow!! I can use my mini stepper and watch TV at the same time!! LoL!! OKay well..I'm gonna go to bed now. Its gonna be 2am in a few mins. Nighty nite!! And Happy April Fool's!!!

Oh ya!!! When we were in the check out line..I was looking at the gums and telling Fonzo how they should make some chocolate flavored gum..and whatcha know!! I see Chocomint gum!!!!!!!!! I havent tried it yet, but I was happy to find it, lol.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:54 AM   #8  
Just keep moving ...

Morning!

Francie girl, I was gonna say what ARE you doing up at 2am?!? But then I see you were shopping, and what with your username and all, I guess that 'splains it! I'm proud of you for applying your shopping addiction on fruit and veggies! WTG!

So I'm getting my morning workout in in a new way - last night when I sceduled my taxi I totally misread my flight departure time, so I got to the airport, I had only 45 min to get checked in and through security!! Eek! So, I think I got my heartrate well into cardio range!!!! Anyway, I walked up to the gate (with my shoes still untied) and right onto the plane. The worst part is that I left my toiletries bag, with all my pretty face creams at the hotel so now I have to pay them to send to me. Oh, the price of vanity!

Sassy - I think the most important person for you to dress nice for is you!

Gotta go! Plane time!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:07 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Welcome home Cathy

to everyone...can't play

Catch you soon.

Leenie
Old 04-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this forum and just thought I'd work my way through all of the messages. Well, okay, not all ... but some

I'll have to work my way into some of the conversations considering I don't know any of you yet. Eventually you'll say "Geez, Karen, do you ever stop talking?

I work at home, so I don't have to worry about the boss peering over my shoulder. I have one teenager (17) left at home until he goes off to college in August. My husband works days and has quite a commute, so I'm here by my lonesome all day. I work when there is work to be done, I clean house and am pretty much a computer geek!

Anyway, that's me .. Hope to get to know you all very soon!

Best to all!

KarenGinNJ

302/290.5/175
Old 04-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Welcome to the chat, Karen!

I'm going to meet with my pastor in a few minutes to talk about some of the stuff that's been making my depression worse, so yay. Hopefully it will help. I can't afford to be down much longer (or rather, my waistline can't!).
Old 04-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #12  
I was born this way hey!

Welcome Karen!!!

Amarie~we got paid last night, but didnt leave until 11pm..and we just took forever, lol. It was one of those Walmart SuperCenters, lol. Plus, we had to wait for Sweeney Todd to come out..so thats another reason why we were there so long, lol. But yes, I'm finally putting my shopping addiction to good use. I'm so exicted to work out today I could hardly sleep last night, lol.

Leenie, Sassy, Cathy~ How ya'll doing?

Emmy~I hope talking with your pastor helps.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:58 PM   #13  
Just keep moving ...

Karen! Nice to meet you, I look forward to getting to know you on here!

Hi all! I'm just popping in again before they close this plqane's boarding door. Woo, stressful day, my last flight was late, so I had to run for this one too! But.... I'm going home!!! I love home, and its even clean 'cause I cleaned for the dog-sitter. Ooohh, and I get to hug my puppies, which is almost as good as prozac .

Emmy, I hope your pastor can help you sort through stuff. I started counseling last week, and once again I'm kicking myself for not having gone earlier. Let us know how it goes.

Cathy - welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time, but the people mover sounds retched! I may not like to fly, but I HATE to ride in buses.

Leenie - did you hear that? My house got clean! Haha I give it 3 day with my dogs

Heather, Buddly, Hope, Jerzy, and everyone else - love ya and am thinkin of ya!
Old 04-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #14  
I was born this way hey!

Have a safe flight!!
Old 04-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey all...

I have had a great week so far, considering the weekend.

I spent Sunday at my dad's going over budget stuff. I recently left my job as a nanny to become a Montessori teacher and it was quite a paycut. It's really put me in the red and I had no idea how to manage my money. It was really contributing to my depression and stopping me from working on weight loss.

My dad and I have a weird relationship: he recently left my mom and then my mom moved near me, so it's just caused me a lot of anger and confusion.

But I used him for his strengths and money help. It was such a load off because I was bearing the brunt all by myself and really saw no light at the end of the tunnel. He ended up making me feel really hopeful and calm.

Normally meetings with my dad make me feel depressed, but I made it through this one. And now that I am not keeping the secret of my money troubles and actually doing something about it, the daily "black cloud" has thinned!

And last night I was really tempted to order a pizza around 9 p.m., but came on to this site and read threads until it was too late to order pizza anymore. Hooray for 3 Fat Chicks!
Closed Thread