South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:45 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Clucking - March 29 & 30

Good chilly morning from the snowy country but the sunrise is beautifully clear.

It's ridiculously cold out there at 11ºF and not going to go above freezing today. The sap won't run at those temps so the lads will have a day off from gathering. They did bring me some of the first syrup yesterday. I can resist the stuff. I think I ODed on syrup when I was a kid as we always had a huge - and free - supply.

This morning I am off to Brockville for my quilting class. It's a Block a Month one and I'm way ahead. I got a lot done while I was convalescing but will probably manage to keep busy and pick up hints. I must NOT pick up any more fabric!

How does your weekend look? Time for a ?
Old 03-29-2008, 07:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's a clear, but cold, morning here. But not as cold as in Ruth's part of the country!

Have fun at your quilting class, Ruth, and lots of luck on not buying any more fabric! Isn't the Chinese buffet in Brockville? Try not to give in today! Yum, first run maple syrup! That would be hard to resist for me, too!

We have no plans for the day, just see what the day brings. Monica and Carley may come out for the day, and Jake may go off to do a job with Dustin. First, though, breakfast!
Old 03-29-2008, 07:41 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

That brr smiley always looks like she has huge boobs! A robin just came and sat on the deck rail and looked pretty blue. Maybe I can quickly knit a wee scarf?

There is a Buffet in B. but it's in a really busy shopping centre, not the wee one where my quilt shop is! I refuse to go to shopping centres when they are really busy.

Enjoy your family day.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good morning my moderators...
i need a hug... i'm not a bad person right? .... hug me...

naw.. i'll be fine...

my food has been spot on for two days Yay me!
making my veggies for breakfast for today and tomorrow...

ruth it's cold here too today but like Cottage not nearly as cold as you have

todays plans are

go buy a new sofa (actually 2 of them) to replace the 25 year old sofa in the living room.. we use it daily so it's taken a pounding in recent months and with DH weighing in at 400 pounds, he's hard on furniture....

then DH and i have a bull and oyster roast today/tonite... there will be some food i can eat and since i don't drink beer, i won't have a problem there.... there's always pit beef and ham and i can have them without the bread (which i fine i don't care about that kind of bread) and cole salw and some veggies with dip... and the cake is store made sheet cake easy to refuse.

not a perfect day but close enough... no dancing with the boot on....
Old 03-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, chickies! I'm showered and stretched from my run this morning and am waiting for the hunger pangs to kick in before I get some breakfast. Can't eat too soon after exercising or it turns my insides to a twisted, crampy mess.

Avery was up when I got home this morning - NAKED! She did this yesterday morning, too. I guess I'll have to come up with some fool-proof garter system to keep that diaper on at nighttime. Really, she doesn't take her clothes off until she wakes up, so maybe I'll just have to leave a little bit earlier for my run so I can be back before she wakes up.

Have fun at quilting class, Ruth! What type of quilt will you all make with your block-a-month?

It *is* a bit chilly out there this morning, Linda, isn't it? It was 33* when I left for my run, but I hear it's supposed to go up into the low 50s. Have a good time relaxing today!

Nessa. You can always have a hug! Sounds like you have a plan for your evening, so now it's just a matter of sticking to it. Good luck tonight, and have fun sofa shopping!

Ah, I feel the breakfast yearnings. Off to cook something up for the troops!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-29-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girls! We just got up and are starting our day. Tommy seems to be doing better today, thankfully. We skipped the fun last night and will go out with Abdul tonight instead. I may go shopping with Abdul today too, but I'm not sure yet.

We get a high of 52 today but it's 30 now. Ruthie's right, that brr smilie DOES look like it has huge boobs! Hopefully those of you freezing your brr smilies off can find something relaxing to do inside today so you don't have to go out in the cold.

Kara, see if they make a diaper-sized chastity belt? Maybe that'll hold her.

Gonna get started on my day! Hope you girls have a good one!

Lisa
Old 03-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Ruth - you and fabric sounds like me and yarn. I have been avoiding the craft stores because I can't seem to get out of there without a new skein that called to me.

LOL! on the smiley!

Kara - two words: Duct Tape. I'm not kidding. I had a kid that liked to "paint" in the mornings. :yuck: Duct tape is the only thing that will keep those diapers on, unless she can wiggle out of it without opening the tabs. Granted, you'll have to cut them off in the morning, but one of those little rectangle letter openers does the trick safely.

I have been eating like CRAP lately, and not exercising (still). I don't know what's wrong with me... I know what I have to do, I want to get skinny, it's just that... well, I don't know!?!?! I haven't stepped on the scale (afraid to), but I don't think I have gained too much, if anything. I'm not eating too much, just the wrong stuff. But that wrong stuff is deceiving, because ya never know what kinda calories crop up in them.

I feel like a failure - Nessa, you are so not the only one that struggles. I haven't even managed to stick on plan for more than a month! I am not in that dark place of futility, but I am just so feeling like I need to do better but not sure why I'm not.

Well, either way, my kitchen needs cleaning.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #8  

weezle - who is Tommy - your son? Did he just have some virus, or is this something that bothers him regularly? I just sorta missed the background. Sorry if I'm being nosy, but I am confused.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Boy do I love Saturday mornings!!!

Ruth: Brrrr! I don't think I could get out of bed if it were 11* here!!! Enjoy your quilting class - one of these days I'll get the chance to take one!

Cottage: Enjoy your unplanned Saturday - those are by far the best!

Nessa: Enjoy your day - sofa shopping sounds fun. We're going to go pay for a new mattress set, but we don't get it for a week. Not nearly as fun as buying a sofa, IMO. Have fun tonight - you can always tap your bootless foot! And I'm sending lots of hugs your way!

Kara: I had to chuckle when I thought of you getting home from your run to a naked child running loose in her room! Hope you and the kiddos enjoyed your breakfast!

Lisa: Glad Tom's feeling better, no bathroom celebrations today? I hope not! Hope you enjoy your night out with Abdul - and your shopping if you get to go!!

Me: Last night I was not feeling the WATP dvds for a workout, so I joined DH out in the back yard so that I could try out his "gauntlet". He basically set up a huge obstacle course back there based on military and nfl style gauntlets. The only things it's lacking are climbing obstacles. It was tough!! I ran it about 10 times and can definitely feel it this morning. Thank goodness they have to order our mattress because I would not be able to help him lift one today!

Not much else going on - some light cleaning, a load or two of laundry and some errands. Tonight is fajita night and our cooking shows from 8 - 10 pm. I love our laid-back Saturdays!

Well, off to start on the housework! Have a great day!

~Kim
Old 03-29-2008, 12:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hi chicks,
Kim, I am all about the laid-back Saturdays!

My kids slept at Grandma's last night, and DH took off early this morning to spend the day out, so I've been on my own this morning. I slept in and then my friend came to get me and we had breakfast and a little shopping at the PA Dutch market. The kids should be getting dropped off soon, and then we'll see what the rest of the day holds. Our second car is acting up and I'm not sure when DH will be home, so I may be carless for most of the day, so I guess I'll try and get stuff done around here - some laundry, some cleaning, definitely some WATP, maybe even some loafing on the couch and reading!

Hugs, fluff! Glad you are still hanging around here and haven't thrown in the towel. That's the important thing!
Have a fun day with Tommy and Abdul weezle! Did you do the room yet? How does it look?
Kara, nakey just feels good, ya know?
Here's another hug for you Nessa. I am jealous, wish I was couch shopping today! No more big purchases until I get our budgeting done. Well, I can live vicariously, hope you find something great! And great job on the two days, soon to be three!
Stay warm Ruth, and no more fabric!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 03-29-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:49 PM   #11  

for Nessa! I hope your day brings you lots of smiles and cheer.

Kara, that seems to be a common problem with the wee ones, stripping naked in the morning. Carley used to do that, and so did Maggie. It seems the problem was, they were so used to wearing big girl panties during the day and didn't like being wet. Do you think she may be ready to ditch the diapers at night yet? I think once they're potty-trained, if they have a diaper on they seem to think it's okay to pee in them. Just my humble opinion. How was dinner at your MIL's last night? What was on the menu?

Lisa, I'm glad Tommy seems to be over his stomach virus. Have fun today!

fluffy, sounds like you could use a , too, and a little to get back on track again! Don't feel bad, though, I think we've all gone through a period like that. Don't give up, that's a sure sign of failure!

Kim, it sounds like you have a nice weekend planned. That gauntlet thing sounds like a version of Boot Camp!

Schmoodle, enjoy your laid-back Saturday!

We went over to Home Depot after breakfast and finally bought a brand new mailbox. Our old one was looking pretty sad after all these years, but I wanted to wait until winter was done with us before we replaced it. We got one of those new Rubbermaid maintenance-free ones, but I'm going to paint it to match the colors of our house with that Krylon paint that you can paint plastic with. We also looked at bathroom fixtures, since we want to remodel our bathroom. Jake wants to do it this summer, and says I have to find someplace to go for a week or so while he rips it out. Anyone want some company?

Monica just called to say she's been stuck on the Schuylkill Expressway for 1 1/2 hours. That place is a nightmare in the best of times, let alone a Saturday.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-29-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #12  

Cottage - you can come stay with me. I'm only about 8 hours from you, give or take.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Linda, use Lisa's website and come see us in Germany this summer!!! We'll have lots of fun! Pohai should be there by then, too, and maybe Jan can show us all around! I think you're right about not liking being in a diaper. She does wake up dry some mornings, but I can't really say "most" mornings, so I wouldn't be comfortable leaving her in undies overnight. I just need to make sure I get ahold of her before she starts causing trouble in the mornings!

Lisa, glad to hear Tom's feeling better! Did his son like his new digs?

Kim, I laughed so hard when I read about your husband's course! I would love to see pictures!!!

Krystal, I'm sorry you're feeling down about the whole eating thing. We all go through it at one time or another. Thank goodness not all at the same time, or the darned wagon might just turn around with all of us headed the wrong way. What about setting small goals for yourself to get back on track? Like, getting all your water in every day for a week and then the next week concentrate on getting all your veggies in and keep the water consumption the same as the last week, and the next week work on limiting your grains or something?

Schmoodle, do you go to the market in Annapolis? We used to love that one when Tom was stationed in DC! (Plus, it was right near Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, if I remember correctly.)

The big kids are teaching Avery how to jump, which is so cute! She's actually caught some air a couple times, but every time she does, she stumbles backwards onto her rear. She's so proud of herself, though! So cute!

In a little while, when the girls go down for their naps (and after I get in my Walk Away the Pounds DVD), I'm going to try making some carob chip cookies with the Z-Sweet. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-29-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Home from quilting and the house is sooooo cold! I forgot to turn up the heat this morning. I may put a fire in the woodstove in the back room, make a herb tea and sit out there in the sunshine and read today's paper. ** Sigh **

I thought I'd posted the quilt but here it is again. My colours are brighter than the picture but still deepish and "country". I have all the applique blocks done and am working on the last two pieced rows. I'm ahead!
Old 03-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #15  

Be careful what you say, Kara! I'm allowed to fly MAC if there's a seat available, so I just might show up on your doorstep! And thank you, Fluffy, for your invitation, too! It's nice to have so many invites!

When we were stationed at Ft. Meade, we used to go to the BX in Annapolis, and I really liked it. Of course, that was many, many years ago!

Monica and Carley finally made it, so I'd better go!
Closed Thread