Old 03-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #1  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

Default so bummed

so i just got done posting, not even 2 days ago, that i can always always always eat. and trust me this is so out of character for me. but i got news of 2 deaths in less than 6 hours. one of them, i sat with the man not even 24 hours before he died, the other is a childhood friend who had a heart attack at age 37! dammit!
the funerals are on the same day and i don't want to go to either of them, i know thats awful but i don't.
last night i was so sick to my stomach i couldn't eat, went to bed with 7 points left and that was cuz i forced myself to eat. 2 day it is 4:20 and i have 25 pts left!!! i know this will pass and my appetite will be back in full force. my question is this, if you have 2 or 3 days when you just cant eat, i mean really really cant eat.........does it really matter in the grand scheme of things, will it really set me back, or screw up my metabolism?

thanks in advance for any help, and thanks for listening
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #2  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

that really sucks. hang in there.

i wouldn't worry too much about your metabolism right now. most people go through a period where they don't have an appetite for a short time - for example, if you caught a stomach virus and were really sick and throwing up for a few days, you wouldn't force yourself to eat just so you wouldn't mess up your metabolism. plus, you're just gonna get more stressed out worrying about that. keep eating healthy - you need to take care of your body while you're stressed so you DON"T get sick. try to eat regular meals even if they're small and keep counting your points like you have been so you don't get too far off track. but if it were me, i wouldn't FORCE myself to eat.
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Piper - I'm sorry to hear about your losses, it must be very tough for you right now!

DO NOT worry about forcing yourself to eat right now just because WW says you should eat a certain amount. You won't do any permanent damage to your metabolism by being off for a couple days. You might see a gain directly after you resume eating again but it's not going to be permanent, and this is not what you need to be worrying about right now anyhow!

Take care of yourself, piper!!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:45 PM   #4  
What a pretty FACE...

S/C/G: 296/277/200

Height: 6'3''

How awful. I am thinking about you & praying for you (and their families). I admire your strength--at a time when you could get a "free pass," you are still committed to your health. Take care & your fellow chicks are proud of you!
MommyonaMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

I'm so sorry. Taking care of our health means all of our health. Physical and mental. You may want to replace a few of the things you eat with calorie dense foods such as nuts if you'd like to get in more points. But don't force the issue if you don't wish to eat.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: wtb/wtb/jr

I am so sorry to hear about this!!It is hard enough to have to deal with one tragedy much less two!!Get some sleep.drink some water and let your body tell you when it is right to eat.(nuts and cheese within reach might tempt you).I hope you have someone to be with you through this.Hugs.
V-Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:49 PM   #7  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

so so sorry!! prayers for you and the families!! take care of yourself@ God Bless!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I am soooo sorry to hear of your losses.
Take time to get over the deaths and don't worry too much about whether or not you are eating enough. Take care of yourself so you don't get sick and then get back into it.

I have an off topic question for you. Your dog picture looks like my Great Dane, Jozi. Is yours a Great Dane? If so, how old? My Jozi just turned four in January.

Take care,
Michele
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

piper-I'm so sorry, you need to take care of yourself, your heart and head are in a sad place right now. You do need to eat, but forcing yourself to eat all your points would not help you right now. Just try your best, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #10  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

thanks guys, i really appreciate all the kind words. i don't know why this hit me the way it did, been through this before many times. but my appetite is back lol, knew it would be. think it was just 2 much to wrap my mind around at once.

traveling michelle, piper is a half dane half lab mix. we have a full blooded male brindle dane he is 8 (well will be in june) and piper, just turned 5. she is 4 in the picture. love to see a picture of your Jozi.

thanks again guys
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:11 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

wow that is a hard thing to go through. I'm really sorry to hear about that.
glad to hear your app is back, though!
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote