Old 03-28-2008, 09:47 AM   #1  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Thumbs up Support Buddies Checking In Daily

Since the old thread was closed down, I'm starting this one

I'd like to encourage everyone to support each other respectfully

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 03-28-2008 at 09:48 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

' morning. Well I wasn't sure I was even going to try and get back on plan when I posted last, but I did. That was Monday. Today (Friday) I'm down 7.5 pounds from Mondy morning's weight. I haven't told anyone in my family or really anyone that I'm back on Atkins. In fact I'm not even thinking about being on Atkins, I'm just telling myself that I'm cutting back on the sweets and starches.

In January I set a goal of 5 pounds a month for the year, and then promptly did NOTHING about it. But I'm 1.5 pounds down from January's beginning weight. So 3.5 pounds more and I will have met January's goal anyway! LOL!

I feel better, my knees feel better, my mind feels more clear (weird how that happens), and my back feels better. So this is good.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #3  
I'm committed.

S/C/G: 177/177/115

Height: 5'2.5"

Sherry, congrats on the loss! Yeah, I'm more focussed eating this way--less brain fog. Not sure why that is, but a nice side effect.

I ate great yesterday--stir fry for dinner--and exercised! Usually it's one or the other--good food day or good exercise day. It's a big deal to make both!

Today, so far so good with food. I'll do some yoga this morning and get in about 15 minutes of strength training at lunch. And walk the dog this evening.

Hope your day is going well.
Mary
offthecouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #4  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for starting us up JG!

Sherry, Congrats on the 7.5 lbs!! It sure does make you feel good doesn't it? My knees always start to hurt as soon as I go off plan, I don't know why, I didn't think carbs could affect your joints like that. Feeling a whole lot better is what realy keeps me going with this WOL.

Quote:
Usually it's one or the other--good food day or good exercise day. It's a big deal to make both!
Way to go Mary!! Keep it up! Soon it will be a habbit and you'll be doing both every day.

Well I'm feeling good now that I've been back on induction for a few days, definately less brain fog, and I've lost that constant drowsieness I usualy feel. Need to get some exercise now.

Is anyone takeing the L-carnitine recomended in the book? If so do you think it makes a difference?
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for starting us up JG.

Sherry - WTG! on the weight loss. Listen to how your body speaks to you while you are eating well. Food is the most powerful drug on the planet.

Mary - Just keep on keeping on. You will can do this and it will become a habit.

So, the scale has been up 2lb all week. I was not really surprised or upset by this because of my migraine-induced fast last weekend [I couldn't keep anything down, not even water and medicine] and then running out of tomatoes, broccoli and green beans on Monday, I expected some backlash from my body. Also, 154 was my weight when I got pg with my DS 9+ years ago. So, I actually expected to spend a while at this weight. But today it dropped 4lbs. I was totally shocked by this. I have my broccoli and green beans and tomatoes in the house, I have been drinking 12 cups of water consistently and I am feeling so good right now. So, I'm sending everyone my "on plan & exercise" good vibes! :

Have a great day!
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #6  
Hello Friend

Quote:
But today it dropped 4lbs. I was totally shocked by this. I have my broccoli and green beans and tomatoes in the house, I have been drinking 12 cups of water consistently and I am feeling so good right now. So, I'm sending everyone my "on plan & exercise" good vibes! :
\
That is so awesome Sylvia!!!! You deserve some dancers! I have the deepest sympathy for people who get migranes.

Last edited by Puncezilla; 03-28-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puncezilla View Post
Is anyone takeing the L-carnitine recomended in the book? If so do you think it makes a difference?
L-carnitine is a natural anti-oxident. It helps supply the brain with the energy it needs for functioning at its optimum. It has also been shown in clinical studies to have a positive impact on mood, memory & cognitive ability. It occurs naturally in most meats & dairy products. It can also be helpful to better control blood sugar levels in adult onset diabetics.

I've never had any personal experience with it but...my ex,who suffered from hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) took it for "brain fog" and it seemed to help him.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvia78 View Post
But today it dropped 4lbs.
Sylvia!!!

That is awesome!!! This Atkins thing really DOES work!!!

Keep up the great work!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ho Support Buddies!

Been out of action getting some "PC Support" from my Computer Wiz Big Bro . . . so far so good on my re-built added memory mess of an aging PC!

Haven't had time to catch up all the way on this ~ or any other Threads ~ but just couldn't wait to pop in when I saw the word SUPPORT - needing to get and give some gals!

ttyal!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #10  
Larry's Angel

Aud!!!!!!!!!!

Great to have ya back!!
Old 03-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone (or afternoon depending upon where you reside!)

Thanks for starting a new thread JG.
Good job everyone on your successes....it makes for a sweet journey, doesn't it?

Atkins is working great for me the last 3 weeks. Even though today is 'pancake Saturday" at our house, I'll be skipping the carbs and having a healthy brekkie of scrambled eggs with a side of bacon.

Good weekend vibes to all!
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:48 PM   #12  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Heeellloo All! I must concur...thanks soooo much for starting "us" up again Jersey! This is an incredible place for support! So many warm, caring, sharing and open individuals here. I'll make sure to try and check in every day!

Well hello all...and congrats to all our losers today! This is a great way to start off spring...before ya know it...it'll be time to unvail!!! So get ready folks!

BTW, have you all seen the new forum area for Atkins??? I think that will be wonderful place for Atkins followers to go for specific advise on DANDR. Since I started with Atkins, I will forever support his cause. Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #13  
Going to ONEderland

Thanks for the kind comments and Sylvia congrats on dropping 4 pounds in one day! Wow! Isn't that a wonderful WHOOSH to have? I love it. My losses have been consistent and small, but I know the day is coming when they stop all together and I'll be waiting for a big whoosh Just knowing they happen is a good thing.

Hang in there everyone. Just one day at a time. I read something recently in a magazine that said diet soda causes some people to not lose. So far I'm avoiding anything that even begins to taste sweet even if it is "diet" or "low carb". I honestly think I do better on just meat and veggetables and cheese.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:03 PM   #14  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryA View Post
So far I'm avoiding anything that even begins to taste sweet even if it is "diet" or "low carb". I honestly think I do better on just meat and veggetables and cheese.
Sherry!! That's true Atkins...and it does work!!

Keep up the great work!!
Old 03-29-2008, 12:03 AM   #15  
Hello Friend

Hi Aud! Good ta see ya!

Thanks for the info JG, I think I might try it if I can find it at the health food store. I haven't experienced any brain fog on atkins, I feel like my brain is functioning better without all the extera carbs. But I would like to see if it makes any defference to how I feel at all.

Hey Sherry, I avoid diet sodas too, I just feel I do better without that kind of thing. I do occasionaly have decaff tea or real wippcream sweetend with splenda and it doesn't seem to affect my loss.

Kris, Good luck with your pancake breakfast. I used to love pancakes!

I had a good day today, but no exercise. Unless you count shopping, I love fitting into smaller clothes.

Talk to you all tomorrow, have a good night.

Last edited by Puncezilla; 03-29-2008 at 12:04 AM.