Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 07:17 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Yeah almost half way there!!

I had my first try-out day at the law firm. It's a fun job, it will definitely keep me busy so hopefully I can keep it plus it pays more than retail and I can definitely work it full time through the summer if I get it.

I have another job interview this morning so I'll see how that goes as well. At least in my field there's actually a demand for people (in Ottawa there were huge layoffs in high tech last year), so I am lucky.

Hello to all and hope everyone has a good day!

Ali
Old 02-27-2002, 07:22 AM   #2  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like everyone had a really good day yesterday. I closed all my windows except 2 veggies What really bugs me is that you have to count salad as a bonus........hello.........are lettuce leaves and mushrooms etc. ....not vegetables??? Not feeling as hungry as I did when I woke up yesterday so I think I am going to just have a light breaky. Maybe special K.

I am going to Toronto this morning.....boring really just signing and updating our wills.....but it is going to pose a problem as we will have to eat out for lunch. I kinda feel scared about that. Wish me luck that I make the right choices!

Ali: Good luck at the interview this today! I am sure you will do great!
Old 02-27-2002, 07:24 AM   #3  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Since I will be gone all day I won't be posting.....so here is just a quick HI TO EVERYONE!!!!

Will check in late tonight.
Angie
Old 02-27-2002, 09:14 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Great Googly Moogly...

Good morning to everyone!! I am SO sleepy. What the heck possesses me to give in to my BF's sweet voice when he asks me to come over to his house at 10:30 at night when I have to get up at 6? I swear, I am just too nice of a girlfriend. Either that or too much of a weenie to say no. I hate that--I'm too nice to say no to people and I end up caving in to telemarketers (recently, I bought 60 trash bags for $40 because they were made by blind people), I let the guys who go door to door selling religion inside when it's cold and windy when I don't even know if they're really religious guys, they could be ax murderers, but I sure do feel sorry for them because it's cold out. Sigh...

I just have to put in a quick note for Rina--I understand how you feel frustrated with yourself, but you can't kick yourself in the behind for not following your plan for the day (especially when it's your TOM--that thing has a mind and stomach!! of it's own). Plus, in a study of dieters, the ones who berated themselves for eating more than they intended to wound up eating even more, I think. (Sorry, I just read this last night in Thin for Life and I don't remember what it said, but I'm pretty sure that's it.) Just tell yourself tomorrow will be better and continue doing a great job!!

MMMMMkay, WI was yesterday. I was down 2.2 lbs, whooppee!! Feeling very accomplished. I think that when I reach my 10% (which is very close), I'm going to take BF out for Greek. I can't wait!!

OK, well, I suppose I ought to get a little work done around here. I'll check back later and maybe blabber a little more.

Hope everyone is having a spectacular day!!
Old 02-27-2002, 10:03 AM   #5  
Fed Up With Fat!!

I'm here...going into a long meeting.
I'll be back later!!!!!
Have a fabbie day one and all!
Old 02-27-2002, 11:50 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... How are we this Hump Day?? I am busy with work. I seem to never get ahead and get more to do everyday!!!!!

Ali... congrats on the job and good luck in the interview.

Angie... you will do fine eating out. Just keep that in your head!

Jess... JUST SAY NO!!!

HEY HEY to everyone else!! Have a great day!
Old 02-27-2002, 12:39 PM   #7  
Canadian Chick

Hi all,

Just stopped by to say hello & see how you all are. I am exhausted. I slept like crap last night after I had a big cry. Did I mention that I hate TOM??? Its so bad this time. Sorry for complaining again. I have no energy for exercise right now. I'm hoping I feel like doing it after work. But if I don't no biggie because my goal this week is to not overeat. If I get exercise done bonus but right now I'm having a hard enough time controlling my food desire. One small victory this morning when I drove DF to work I was really hungry & I pulled into the McDonald's parking lot & sat there for a few minutes debating with myself. Finally I turned tha car around, came home & ate cereal Baby steps....

JenK, sorry to hear your move didn't go too smoothly. Hope unpacking is easier.

Jess, congrats on the loss!

Angie, good luck with eating out. You can do it! Are you very far from Toronto?

Ali, its nice to hear of a person who can actually put their university degree to use! I have so many friends who spent 4+ years in Uni & can't find jobs now. Glad to hear you're not suffering the same fate. Good luck with your interview today

JenL & Stacey, sorry to hear you're both so busy with work. Hopefully the busyness will make your day fly on by.

Hi to everyone else Have a great day! Talk to you later

-Rina
Old 02-27-2002, 02:07 PM   #8  
Running Babe

Eek, so now I have to choose between jobs!! Oh well it's a nice decision to have. The thing is, I had no idea what job I was up for at the CCRA, but then I found out I was getting hired for Policy research and stuff, I LOVE that kind of stuff and it relates well to my University degree and my current college training and I can work it part time through the school year and full time during the summer. I knew I got the job after the interview, they basically kept asking me questions like I already had the job. Argh, so I will make my full decision tomorrow.

Rina: I know it can be hard, I mean I was working retail this summer and I am a Uni grad. A lot of my friends still aren't in their chosen fields and stuff.

Jen: Howdy! Thanks!

Jess: for some reason I tend to get the same rational around guys!!

Angie: Have fun in Toronto! For days like that I tend to just grab a sub, always reliably good and healthy.

Bye!

Ali
Old 02-27-2002, 04:32 PM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

With all the job cuts everywhere, you are a very lucky gal to have a choice! WTG!!! Choose wisely and good luck!
Closed Thread