Old 03-27-2008, 12:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/249.6/160

Default 5 inches lost in 4 weeks, but no weight loss

I finally feel like lawl is working for me. I had my measurments taken yesterday and I lost 5 inches over my entire body. I still have not lost any weight, is this good? When will the scale start to tilt downward? Dont get me wrong I am happy that something is happening, i just would like the pounds to fall off as well.
mrs Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:19 PM   #2  
SeaWave

Sorry, I don't know what "lawl" is. But a couple of things might be that you're losing water weight (especially if you're eating better and so retaining less water from salt, etc.); another might be that you've lost fat/gained muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, and so takes up less space. Either way, sounds good for you! Hang in there!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: S-194/C-182/G-135

Height: 5'3"

Hey that's great! I'll take inches over lbs any day.
Just curious - has your counsellor mentioned altering your plan to see if that will budge the scale at all?

Congrats on the 5 inches.
betty big bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/249.6/160

I keep telling them to change my plan, but they will not. I might have to take matters into my own hands
mrs Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #5  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

My 23 inches actually were a result of a 11 pound weight loss. 11 pounds translated in my bra size goign from a 38/40 to a 34 and my pants size going from a 14/16 to an 8/10. Muscle is denser than fat, so if you're losing inches you're in a good mode.

I weigh about what I weigh when I graduated from high school, but I'm a lot tinier now. When I run into people I haven't seen in years, the first thing they say is "I can't believe how much weight you lost." I just smile and nod.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: S-194/C-182/G-135

Height: 5'3"

This is true - there's a trainer at the gym I go to, she is very petite but mentioned she weighed 145lbs. I was thinking I was a lot bigger than she was (fatter) when I got married and I was 140. So the muscle does make a big difference.
betty big bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Mrs Diva, I also lost a lot less weight than I expected to (original goal was 148, but I "settled" at 160 and now maybe am closer to 165) but I am also a lot smaller than I expected to get! So the number on the scale, it is only one measure of whether or not you are getting lean. If you have just started working out, it is common to gain muscle faster in the first month, so sometime your weight will even go up before it starts going down. Stick with it and see where you are. If you are shrinking, it is an extremely positive sign that good things are happening.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

I have consistently lost some weight then tapered off on the scale, but during that time I seem to actually drop a size. In other words each time I lose weight I do not actually go down in size until I have been a that weight for several weeks. I figure I will take what I get. For me the number is not the ultimate drive for my hard work. I just want to stop cringing when I see myself in pictures. You will know I reached my goal when I post my picture in the avatar!
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote