Old 03-26-2008, 11:04 PM   #1  
Hawaiian Wonder Woman

Height: 5'8"

Default Body Joust

Hi,

I've committed to a sound program of cardio, tai chi, yoga, kickboxing, and pilates two nights ago. After a thirty minute workout, though, it was the same as always...my type 1 diabetes started kicking in and my inner body/insulin/blood sugar levels jousted inside me, making me eat more in the process.

I know I need to really get on the ball and talk to my doctor about regulating my insulin...my only question is, has anyone else here had this same problem? If so, what does one do until one can see an already-heavily-booked doctor?

champagnesugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:41 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Make sure you eat something -- preferably something with both carbs and protein like milk or yogurt -- just before you start your routine and also keep glucose tablets (and your metre) handy while you exercise. Be sure to check your BGL immediately after your routine as well tos ee if you need another little snack before heading home.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote