Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-23-2008, 05:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 316/SD300/254/180 RNY 3-4-08

Height: 5'8

Question Need help Delicate!

Okay, I am having a real problem with going to the potty. I have added fiber one chewables to my diet. I have taken Milk of magnisual a couple of times. I have done suppositories and have even been drinking prune juice. I am getting my daily water in. Like today I am sick to my stomach from it!!!!! HELPPPPPPPP
whitelion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/155/125

Height: 5'3

Default See an M.D.

Hi, You should not need any of the above to go once a day. If you are having problems peeing, you could be having kidney problems. If you are severely constipated you may have other issues!
ralfetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #3  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Oh honey! I know what you're going through! I tell you, there's hope...I understand that our colons have a reaction to the anesthesia and this surgery messes with our digestive tracts, the entire thing...it just takes time for it to get back into rhythm.

Now, that said... If your Doctor says it's OK, walk, gets things going...drink your water, sometimes drink hot water...take your fiber, fiber tabs are fine and you can add Wheat bran to your regular soft diet...I used a mild laxative though I worry about becoming dependent on that...irrigation was always a last resort but was alway affective for low blockages, you can get single doses over the counter.

Remember too that you're getting used to having a WHOLE lot less food in your system...I went from going 2-4 times a day to every 1-2 days.

I SOOOOO get what you're going through!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 03-23-2008 at 07:40 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Whitelion tomorrow call your doctor, I'm so sure this is very common. Sounds like your doing everything right.... maybe it just needs a day to get thru your system...but still, call your doc.

Jiffy, any idea's ???

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #5  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Yes, please do see a doctor. If there's been a change in patterns for you, that is significant. Some people go 4+ times a day (whenever they eat) yet others go 4- times a week.

What are you eating?
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 350/215/180ish

Height: 5'6

What about Miralax?? It's what my Dr. told me to use when I was so stopped up that I was in pain. Like you I also took Milk of Magnesia and used suppositories. I was MISERABLE!!

Miralax is really great. It's a powder that is mixed in with water. It has NO taste, and does not give the water a different texture. That's what I like the most! It worked the same day that I used it. Ask you Dr. if you can give this a try!!

Hope your feeling better soon!!

Chrissy
FlourGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

we were told to try benefiber. sometimes a couple of orange SECTIONS [not an entire orange!] helped me. so did a bit of coffee with caffeine.

since you're getting sick to your [newly operated tiny] tummy, a call to the doc sounds like a good idea -
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Whoa Nellie, Hold the enema!!

I'm so sorry Jen. Hopefully, you have had a real cathartic experience by now. Don't get yourself in trouble. If you aren't hearing any rumbles or passing gas stop the food, call the doctor and walk, walk, walk. I have a real trouble with taking fiber. Seems to work the opposite with me; sets up like cement. I had to take a stool softner, docusate sodium 200 mg, with a stool softner until things got normal again. Call the doctor.

Are you past a Whitecastle? Now is not the time to be funny, sorry!!

Luv ya!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:20 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ok what works for me and EVERyone can attest me and the throne arent friends
Yogurt 2 tbsp ground flax and Coffee with Milk
15 min or less guaranteed throne time
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 316/SD300/254/180 RNY 3-4-08

Height: 5'8

Default Better thanks

Okay, I broke done and got out a Fleets and the cement is much better. I also stopped taking my Biotene and that seems to have helps too. Since I did both of these i have been regular ever day! Thanks for all the help and listening.
whitelion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:24 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

What about Senokot? would a GBP person be able to take that?
http://www.senokot.com/html/why_senokot/default.asp
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote