Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 05:32 PM   #1  

Default Going Back Tomorrow

Hi everyone! I got to goal a few years ago and unfortunately I started going to weigh ins less frequently...until I just quit going altogether. I am about 145 now--about 15 pounds over goal. I still have all my points info but the truth isI have tried to do this program by myself but I just can't. So tomorrow, after putting this off for a year, I am going back.

I have to be honest, I am excited and I am also terrified. All I ever think about is my weight and food/24/7. When I wake up, when I go to bed, when I am sleeping! I am an emotional mess. When I lost weight it was on the exchange program, right before everything switched to the points.

I guess I am terrified because for my weight range, I feel like 23 points is starvation level! I eat by the numbers and I never feel satisfied. I feel like I crave everything, junk food, chips, chocolate, peanuts, cookies, cakes, good food too! Everything. I am a huge eater. I probably eat 60 points a day if I counted them up. The only thing I don't eat enough of are vegetables. Hardly any, because truthfully, I don't know how to prepare them a good and filling low fat way. Are there any foods that "save" you? Some really high volume stuff. Dabs of this and that don't get it for me.

I know WW is all about moderation and I guess that's what scares me. I don't eat anything in moderation. I want large volumes of food, but what is it I could have that would fill me up and keep me satisfied and within my point range? I drink tons of water a day, I just don't feel like I ever get enough food.

I have eaten everything in sight today, as if it were my last meal. Maybe I am not mentally healthy enough to go to WW, I don't know but I feel like if I don't I will live my life in this bondage to food. Any encouragement would be appreciated. I am really at the end of my rope.
Old 02-25-2002, 01:18 PM   #2  

Your not alone. I don't know how many last meals I've had. My problem is eating veggies too. I can look at my journal & notice I don't eat any in a day. So what i'm doing is for lunch, when i heat my frozen smart one, I'm also warming a can of spinach or green beans, I buy the small can & it's counts as 2 servings. I also buy the small can of fruit, & it also counts as 2 fruits. I have to have things that are convienent for me. 23 points does'nt seem like enought food but it is. If you are eating the proper mix of food. If you eat all fast food, then you'll run out out fast. The one thing WW is teaching me is balance. Good luck to you... YOu can do it..
Old 02-25-2002, 01:23 PM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Check out the Veggie soup in the week 1 book. Its 0 points and very filling.

On days when Im really hungry I will have it for lunch and dinner to add to it for more food.

Also make sure you get the new handout. It has some great ideas for ways to get in some volume meals for very few points. Cant think of the name of it right now.
Old 03-01-2002, 01:06 PM   #4  
Conquering with SBD

I agree with LilyG. As another person who does not like to eat her veggies, I use the WW Garden Vegetable soup as my mainstay. However, I don't make mine the way that the recipe says. I'm one of those "convenience" cooks. If I'm not cooking for company, it needs to be quick and easy. That recipe has waaaaay toooooo much chopping and preparation for me.

Here's my version:
1 large can diced tomatoes in herbs (undrained)
1 can tomato paste
1 can mushrooms (undrained)
1/3 bag of frozen oriental vegetables
carrots (to taste)
handful or so of cabbage from the pre-cut cole slaw bag
any other 0 pt vegetables that I have in the cupboards/freezer

Season to tasete and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours. Package in containers for work.

I generally do this on a Sunday afternoon and this is enough to supplement my lunch for the entire week.

Warning: I am following the 123 Success program, which I understand is a bit different from the present program. Just watch what you add for vegetables because some of the veggies listed above may have point values in the new program. Just replace them with 0 point veggies.
Old 03-02-2002, 12:44 AM   #5  
Life Time 2001

Peggy is right. There are so many ways to make a 0 point soup. There are alot of ways to make a huge 0 point salad to. You just need to use your mind to think of them, and find what you like.

Heres one of mine:
Today I got some pita pizzas from Trader Joes. Very good, but not filling. They were 3 points. I added a huge 0 point salad to it. with all kinds of veggies and some Balsamic dressing. Had a huge lunch for 3 points. Add some low cal dressing to up the points if you need to. Also add some protein. I didnt As I was trying to bank points.
There are several ways to add bulk without the points. But Veggies will do that. Use your know how and find ways to bulk up!

Get a 8 oz baked Potato, top with FF Cream of broccolli soup, salsa, a number of things. 8 oz potato is pretty big for 3 points. Love mine with some Veggie chili, or homemade chili. Total 6 points. With the cheese soup comes to 4-5 points.

It can be done, just need to find what satisfy's you.
Closed Thread