Old 03-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/259.2/160

Height: 5'6

Default I'm a newbie!!!

Hi everyone,
well I'm not new to 3fchicks but I'm new to this area. I have never tried losing with weight watchers but I'm ready to give it a shot. I won't be attending the meetings as I can't afford them however I do attend TOPS(taking off pounds sensibly) so I get great support from my ladies there.
little bit of history - been heavy about all my life - in 2006 I lost 50lbs and then in Dec. 06 I quit smoking and have battled some depression and have since gained it all back.
Me and my husband have plans to start trying for our first child come December however I will not be ok with getting pregnant at this weight. I need to be as healthy as I possibly can be.
I also was recently diagnosed with Hypothyroidism so we are working getting my meds leveled out. Hoping that this won't affect my weight loss efforts too much.
I have a gym membership to the YMCA where I use the treadmill and elliptical. I am gonna start water aerobics again as soon as my swimsuit arrives in the mail. And once spring hits as in the snow is gone I'm gonna try to bike to work 3 days a week.

Starting Monday I will be following the flex plan - allowed 31pts. and 35flex points for the week. I plan to continue eating what I have for breakfast and lunch however my struggles is with dinners. I have gathered some great recipes that are easy (i love the 5 ingredient, 15 minute recipes) so I'm looking forward to adding more healthy varietys in the kitchen.

I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you - getting great support, encouragment, and inspiration - and hopefully being able to offer all of that as well!!!!
kl_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Welcome kl_life......I love WW myself,it's the best and honestly the most sensible diet out there to me.......Hope you have fun here!!
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/259.2/160

Height: 5'6

I must say that I'm a little shocked at the lack of responses to new people coming to the weight watchers section here. I'm sure hoping that I'll find some support along the way.

I guess I'll stick around for a while and see how it goes.
kl_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #4  
Back in the Game

S/C/G: 132/125.2/120

Height: 5'6"

good luck following the plan. i've never tried WW but i do hear a lot of good things about it.
moon fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:41 PM   #5  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

I am also giving ww a try ( yet again) on monday. I can't seem to stick to just on eatting plan. I have no problems with breakfast or lunch but dinner and snacks are my problem areas.

Good luck with your new eatting plan.

Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #6  

Hi Kari !

Welcome to WW!! I think you will love the Flex Plan! It is a wonderful diet. I don't even feel like I am on a diet because it is so flexible. I have lost 20 lbs so far.

I think it is great that you have a membership to YMCA and the TOPS support group is also wonderful.

Best of luck to you!!

P.S. I too want to have a baby soon...just trying to reach my goal first!
Want2LoseCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:56 PM   #7  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

i to love ww, it is saving my life literally. welcome and good luck
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 360/216/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi, kl. Welcome! I'm a fairly new member to 3fc and everyone has been super supportive and welcoming. It's great to have lots of people going through the same thing as you.
WW is an awesome option, imho. My bf and I have been doing WW at home since Jan 1. I've lost 24 on WW and he's down 28 already. If we can do it, anyone can!!! And I totally understand you, I've battled clinical depression for YEARS - definitely doesn't help the weight loss at all. It's an uphill fight, but one that's worth every minute of it!!! Especially if you're going to have kids. Being healthy for your children and teaching them how to love healthy lives will be one of the greatest gifts you can give them.
Best of luck to you!!!
syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote