Old 03-15-2008, 08:30 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something Weekend Chat Mar 15/16th

Good morning all!!!

Just a quick fly by...just read all the post from yesterday. Will respond later, but first I have to get coffee...just waiting for it to brew..got to sleep til 8 am!! woo-hoo.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Hope that everyone has a good weekend...I had 7 hours without DS yesterday! DH took him to car show with our nephews. It was fun to be able to do whatever I wanted!

Got a workout in already - DS is off with some friends to an Easter egg hunt, so I have some freedom again today. Back to reality tomorrow!

Hi Pam - sounds like you had a nice morning already from sleeping in.
Lauren - I am at 19 miles for this week.

Hi to everyone else. I will check back later.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning...
Still half awake on this end. Woke up to rain and now have to take DD to her riding lesson. Somedays we get lucky and get to groom the horse under a bit of shelter but other days no such luck. DD is such a girly-girly, except when it comes to horses. She couldn't care less about the rain or mud... I'm the wimpy one.

Pam ~ congrats on the upcoming trip ~ so exciting!!!

Dawn ~ so, are you cranking up the stereo and running around the house with only your undies on? Party when DS is gone! Have a great day.

Lauren ~ could you please put me down for 28 miles this week.

Have a great weekend all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #4  
Magically Delicious!

S/C/G: 132kg/122/80kg

Height: 175cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJoan View Post
Morning...

Dawn ~ so, are you cranking up the stereo and running around the house with only your undies on? Party when DS is gone! Have a great day.
HAHAHAHAAHA!!! Just close the blinds! I learned that when I saw my neighbour across the street staring at me as I was gettin' jiggy with it,in my cute undies that say "hot stuff" on the butt, topless, while cleaning.

Good morning/afternoon everyone!

Having a lovely day so far. The boyfriend and I went to look at sofas. We think we found one we like, now we just need the cash. I had Mussels blanched in garlic and chili yesterday for dinner. IT WAS LOVELY! Today is a free day or as I like to call it "EAT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT THAT IS CHOCOLATE" day. I am thinking I will need an extra 20 minutes on the elliptical tomorrow. My work out buddy is in Scotland for the French and Sanders Live show so I will have to rely on myself to get me out of bed and to the gym! This could be problematic!

Have a great day everyone! I am off to drink some cider and watch a movie or two.
DaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default Good Morning 30's

Life started early this morning for us, off to hockey with DS and hubby. I did go to the gym after that and feel good. Eat good this am even though I was in a rush. I better go, hubby is cleaning and I'm on the computer, nothing wrong with this picture.
Dawn- enjoy your freedom while you have it
Good for you girls logging all those miles in , here's a carrot
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #6  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Mornin ladies,

Pam wouldn't it be nice it there was a little coffee fairy to get the coffee brewing while were getting up? Have a great day!

Dawn, how nice to get some "me" time! Did you do anything fun?

Lisa, wasn't a full moon, it was shining right in my bedroom window. Gotcha on the even sizes, thanks!

Joan, we got rain over night, now the sun is out and I hope it stays that way. Wouldnt it be nice if it only rained at night? LOL. BTW, your post from last night....I loved the parks when we lived in MO. Here there is nothing quite so nice.

Lauren, I'll get back to you this evening on the miles.

So is eveyones kids on Spring Break this week? Mine don't have theirs till some time in April.

I didn't get out of bed till around 10. It was after midnight when I got to bed. Then I had to get up to pee about 50 times, well it seemed like it.

Hello everyone else!

Have a great day all!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:57 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Alicia, yes, he just turned 5! Don't forget, I'm 5'10", and DH is almost 6'4". We grew 'em big. Peter wears size 13/1 shoes. Robby, who is just 3, wears size 10.5/11 shoes, and size 4 clothes. He is 39 lbs. and 41"!

We're headed to my mom's in a bit to clean more. The boys are sleeping there tonight, and DH and I are going out to eat for our anniversary!! We're going to a place called Hot Rods BBQ. It will not be a LF night. Out anniversary is Monday - 7 yrs.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:57 AM   #8  
Alicia

Duck, cleaning topless, oh my!

Mornin' scrapin!

You ladies have a good day!
Old 03-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #9  
Alicia

Lauren, enjoy your time alone together! Happy Anniversary!
Old 03-15-2008, 02:48 PM   #10  

hello!....its a great day here too!...sounds like all are having a decent day...im at work..had to stay home with the little guy yesterday cause he has pink eye...so im working today..its cool though..get alot more done...dominic is home this weekend...i just took him to work..he likes his job except he gets commission and he doesnt like that...so hes going to wait a few months then change departments...apparently his dept and electronics are the only ones who get commission..he gets an hourly also its just lower...anyways..just wanted to check in quickly

dawn: enjoy your time

lauren: have a great evening out

alicia: hope you have a great day today!

joan: i hope you were able to stay at least half way dry!

duck: thats funny!...thats something we arent always aware of in our own home!

pam/scrappin: hi!..have a wonderful weekend

well...i better get back to doing some work...talk to you all later!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6

Hey ladies!!

Dawn, hope you had a fun day w/o DS!!

Joan, hope you got some grooming in w/o getting TOO wet. How are your eyes doing? Still putting drops in?

Nicci, hope you guys are able to get the couch...and get to the gym girl!! You can do it!!

Scrappin' good for you on going to the gym!! Hope you have a nice rest of the afternoon!!

Alicia, I actually have a timer on my coffee maker, just too lazy to set it, you know?? Pretty dumb, actually. Hope yo get your workout in!!

Lauren, Cadence turned 5 last week, and she is 44" and 45 lbs...she's wearing a size 6x already, She was 9.5 lbs & 22 inches when she was born, though. Frankie was big, too, but I think he's kind of even out. Frank & I are both average size, so I don't think either of them will be particularly big. I just can't stand how they change sizes so often!! Crazy how these kids grow!! Hope you have a super time tonight!!! Oh, and I did 14 miles again this week!!

Christina...hope little Mario is better!! Enjoy your weekend with Dominic!!

Okay, gotta go break up a fight...then get dinner started. Talk later!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey ladies! How is the weekend treating everyone so far? We got up early this morning and took the kids to the egg hunt at the park. They had fun. Its been a relatively uneventful day other than that. I made a poke cake! That's about the extent of my activity! lol My brother was supposed to be coming in this evening but his son came down with the flu so they aren't sure if they are going to make it down at all. With that, and the fact that i have been cleaning like a mad woman all week, I decided I would take the day off
Dawn, you lucky duck! I would love to have some time to myself! I mentioned to my husband I would LOVE if he would take the kids to the aunt's house for the weekend and leave me at home alone. I would clean clean clean without interuption and enjoy being in a clean home for a while before the lil whirlwinds come thru and undo everything!
Duck, that is funny! I am not brave enough to walk around the house in my undies! We have too many neighbors that like to stop by randomly and I have a long window on each side of the front door that doesn't have any covering! I remember once I ran through the house in my panties and bra to retrieve something from the dryer and I was so nervous!!
Scrappin, ha! If my husband got the cleaning bug and I wasn't feeling much up to it, I'd let him clean to his hearts content!! It's so rare that he does any cleaning, I would enjoy every min of it!
Alicia, How nice to stay in bed til 10:00! I didnt get to sleep til closer to 1am and up at 7:30. I am feeling a bit sleepy today!
Lauren, it sounds like you and your hubby make em big! I thought my girls were big! I have to buy my kids the adjustable waist. My oldest desn't like them tho, they aren't "cool"...
I am off to take a little cat nap
Everyone have a great rest of the day!!!
stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone
GG I saw on the news how bad the weather is by you, I hope you are OK. I'm glad you talk to the manager, you do need help, they can't expect you to practice you best when they are not giving you the support you need.

Alicia I do like Childrens place a lot, I have been buying must of Sean's clothes at Wal-Mart, he is that stage were he wears the clothes pretty rough, I like the Wrangler jeans, and he needs the huskys (for now) some of the medicines they make him gain wait or loose it depends, oh well!

Lauren I am sure your mom appreciate you helping her.

Da Duck have fun shopping for a sofa, enjoy watching movies~

Christina! Ihope the little one feels better, I know that stuff is pretty contagious!

Dawn how nice to be able to take a break!!! good for you! I know you love your son and you spend a lot of time w/him, but you need your time everyonce in a while

I am having an OK day, Dh is working all weekend, that is not fun for me! Sean has been very ustable today, very opositonal, I feel like I am going to go crazy. have to deal w/Sean all bymyself, DFIL is not in the mood to deal w/him, I don't bleame him, I hope he can help a little this comming week, we have just one week off thank G-d!
yesterday was a very goo day, I went out for breakfast w/my friends, then went knitting, I have a great time!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:27 PM   #14  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

WUUUUZ UUUUP CHICKAS AND MENSTAS?

Yeah, I know I'm late today. I cannot BELIEVE it's 7pm already! Feels like it should be 4! I think they screw us and the planet somehow takes an additional 1/2 hour every Daylight Savings jumping forward time. Either that or Leap Year is to blame. Either way I can't get used to this crap. Well, I take that back...IF it was nice and warm and Spring-like outside I'd adore the light right now. Anywho....

Ok, so today I've been cleaning dust bunnies from under my bed w/a Swiffer thangie and sweeping the floors/carpet & tile, cleaned the bathroom, washed dishes, did laundry...I even broke out the Old English to shine up and condition my inner doors (they are the original doors from back in 1950 complete w/glass doorknobs...pretty cool when they're cleaned). OH! I also went and sold about 40 dvds/vhs movies and then bought some h.b. (personal hygiene/hair care crap) stuff @ Walgreen's. So, at least I was semi-productive.

For those of you that have known me for awhile this will come as no surprise...and will even make you giggle. TODAY I ATE A BACONATER FROM WENDY'S!!! That monster was tasty too! I really don't feel guilty about consuming 4 days worth of fat grams in one sitting either.

Ok....so like a sign from the big guy upstairs or my guardian angels or whom/whatever....I got a flyer in the mail today about a special offer for a membership to a gym I've never been in. I went online and it's actually nicer than my gym w/a better floor plan. The deal is they wave the initiation fee and you get March, April and May free. The downside is that you have to join for 2 years. The gym has been around for well over 20 years, so it's not in danger of going under and it's got a tanner in there too. Awesome.

My current gym is affiliated w/a local hospital so it has TONS of senior citizens in there all the time and a lot of people doing physical therapy. AND, the weight lifting equipment is all crowded in one small area. The track is actually on the second floor above the basketball courts. Basically the floorplan is bizarre. There is nothing wrong with that....but it's not lending itself well to a motivational atmosphere for me...especially since I want to compete again in October. I'm going in tomorrow morning for a tour and am actually jazzed about it. It's kinda far from my house, but not any more so than my current gym. Now, it IS going to be $13 per month more and I'm trying to scrape and save everywhere I can..... BUT, my agent is switching my company for my home and car insurance and my car insurance is going down $40 PER MONTH!!!! So I think this will be worth it 'cause if I like the place, I'll GO. If I GO, I'll break out of this funk I'm in and will start shedding this extra 15 pounds I need to drop before diet-down.

I know...blah, blah, blah...Melinda shut your piehole. I hear ya.

Hanners: I'm sorry today is going rough w/the kiddo. I keep telling you, you're a saint. But, that little guy loves and appreciates you so much deep down inside...he just can't always express that. Regardless, I just know his little heart feels it 500x more than anyone w/fewer challenges! Just remember you're doing good and we all love you for all that you are.

Pam & Lisa: Thanks sooo much for your words of support re: finding a 2nd job. So far it's not panning out (LOL) but I appreciate it nonetheless! Maybe @ the new gym I'll meet a shuga daddie! The funny thing is, one of my friends (from "over there") saw my status one day as "Needing a 2nd Job or a Shuga Daddie," so she sends me this link. It's literally a dating website promoting hook ups between shuga mommas and shuga daddies. LOL

Lauren: Oh you sexxxy seductress you! Will you be "dropping" strategically placed bbq sauce @ dinner tonight? YEEHAW!!!! You go girl! Meow......

Duck: You kill me girl! Too funny! Enjoy your munchin' freebie day too! Watch out for those baconaters...those things'll get ya everytime! LOL

Hi Alicia, GGers, Joan, Christina, Sheila, Karen K., Vicki, Rooster Schmmoooster, BJ and all the rest of our GANG!

Ok, I'm a tool. I watched Shrek I and II for the FIRST time last night and this morning. I know, I'm a moran. I have to say, though....I didn't like Cameron Diaz AT ALL as Fiona. Not @ all. Can't think of who I'd like better, but she bugged the crap out of me. Maybe Drew Barrymore or something. I don't know. Anyway, off to vacuum (does that have 2 u's or 2 c's or both in it...I can never remember), fold clothes and watch Law & Order reruns.

Love ya, MO

Last edited by mjoste; 03-15-2008 at 08:04 PM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #15  
Alicia

GG, I saw the news about the weather today after I was on the computer. Hope you guys are okay!

Hanna, glad you had a nice time yesterday! Hope Sean will give you a break this weekend. Does DH work everyday?

Stepahnie that stinks about your brother. I know you worked so hard on the house this week. At least you get to take the day off! How many children do you have?

Pam, yeah I could set the coffee pot up the night before too.

Christina, I'm sure you can get alot of work done being there alone!

Lauren, put me down for 5 miles this week, thank you!

Well the sun didn't shine long this morning. We had some really heaving rain and lightning storms. I got stuck in it on my way home from the store. Didn't get in my workout. I have to go clean up the after dinner mess. The worst part of dinner!

Hope all are enjoying their weekend!
Alicia