Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-14-2008, 11:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/158/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up I'm a PM binger, so I stopped eating after 9. It helps a lot

Hey, I am a binger. I used to throw up or exercise until i'd burned the cals away (yeah, 6 hours on a treadmill, not healthy) but now I just over-eat....sometimes a little sometimes WaY too much. I realized part of my problem is that I tended to continue eating after dinner and it would just kind of continue till it was way past a decent bed time. and then the next day I'd go to school, eat decently during the day but then at night eat and eat and eat. Part of it is my job which keeps me at work till 8:30 so I can't eat till I'm too tired to control myself. So I decided to stop eating after nine, even if I haven't had a "real" dinner.

and it's made a huge difference! I started doing this on the 7th, and I've lost 2 inches in my waist(I figure because my stomach isn't bloated and I'm not retaining so much water anymore), i sleep better and when I tally up the calories I've had before nine pm, I'm in my ballpark anyway. Also, because I don't even start eating after nine, there's no way I can continue to keep eating into the night. When I'm genuinely hungry I will have a mug of warm milk, but because i personally don't have a tendency to binge on milk, I can stop there and go to bed without 1000+ calories(in addition to what I've had to eat during the day) on my mind. It takes about a week to get into, but
I wanted to share this because it really has helped me control my weight and my overeating. It doesn't hurt to try it out, and it might help you as much as it's helped me.
eebede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:41 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

Glad it's working for you! Eating in the evening tends to be my downfall too. Snacking in general but esp in the evening. I have tried not eating anything after dinner but just can't do it. But recently I have been allowing myself only one snack between meals usually only between lunch and dinner and one in the evening. Sometime I have a morning snack too but no often as that is the easiest time for me to avoid eating. Not eating in the evenings really helps me too not only with my weight but also my am blood sugar (diabetic). I wasn't able to consistenly eat nothing but when I know I can have one PLANNED snack in the evening I can handle it because I know I have something to look forward to. I usually have it around 8 pm. Planning really helps me...if I dont' have a plan, I get out of control easily, so each week I make up a list of snacks I can have, include these things on my shopping list, then select what I want each day.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote