Old 03-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #1  
doing it right this time

S/C/G: 230/192/140

Height: 5'8"

Default THAT time of the month

Okay.... does anyone else have this problem? I feel like I am motivated and doing so great.... and then Aunt Flow comes to visit and my inner demon unleashes. The uncomfortableness and pain, even after midol, keeps me too whiney and sore to actually work out. And I feel like I HAVE to be eating something I shouldnt be. My cravings go off the charts.

Does anyone else have this problem? How have handled it? Any clever tricks that work for you? Thanks!
blondebombshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #2  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

I hear ya, that TOM is vicious for dieting, I have insane salt and sugar cravings, and of course I bloat like a whale and feel cruddy so its hard to get motivated for exercise. I don't really have any tips, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread too to see what others are doing! I do try to stock up on skinny cow ice cream to help with the sweet cravings without damaging my diet too badly.
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 6

I think most of us have this problem. I make a bargain with myself. If I work out I get one small snack that I've been craving. This way I don't feel too guilty about giving into my craving, because I just worked out! If I'm WAAAYYY too tired to work out, then I just don't get the treat. I'll have a sugar free jello or pudding instead. It's a hard time, but the good thing is that when TOM is finally over, I've usually lost a few water weight pounds and that motivates me!!!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:46 PM   #4  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I usually just give myself a few extra calories on the days when my cravings are really bad and try not to think about it. If I really want that Reese's peanut butter cup I just have it so I can stop craving it and work it into my weekly calories.

I always make sure to get in all my regular workouts though...that's one thing that's non-negotiable, (especially because I often REALLY need that chocolate or whatever). I don't feel so bad if I still managed to do all my workouts. The cramps I get are horrendous to the point where I'm doubled over in pain every night, can't sleep and come home from class in agony everyday and sit in bed with my heating pad... That being said, I load up on midol, drink lots of water and just get through my hour/hour and a half in the gym so I can feel better the rest of the day. I've also found that since I've increased the intensity of my workouts my cramps have been significantly better (I never believed the whole "exercise makes cramps go away" thing until now). It's not just during when I workout either, it's all the time which is fantastic. If that's what working out like crazy gets me...all I can say is thank GODDDDDDD!
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote