Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 07:20 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking Friday!!!!!

Morning everyone!
Hooray!!! Team GB got their first gold medal since 1984!! And who won it - a bunch of Scottish women! I'm feeling v proud of our curlers. Female and Scottish - the best combination.
This is just to get the thread going, I'll be back later. Hope everyone is doing well,
Kirsty
Old 02-22-2002, 09:56 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning Ladies! I am sooooo tired this a.m. I worked last night and the roads were bad so I stayed at b/f's house and didn't get much sleep. About 3 hrs actually. Anyways I am tired and in need of a night off. I fortunately will get one tonight. B/f wants me to come in and work with him but I am holding strong to NO! I want me time. I am kinda bummed b/c I thought that my sister was working tonight at the hospital but she isn't. I guess I will have to share my me time with her. I just hope it doesn't end up being with her and 10 of our closest friends. My house always ends up being the party house. I am so old. At the ripe old age of 25 I am wishing for a night of nothing

Any fun plans this wknd ????

Kirsty- Congrats on the curling win

Kim- Yay doesn't it feel good to be back on track with eating. I am only speaking from past experience but if I remember correctly it does

Jess- Sorry b/f isn't coming through on the nursemaid side of things. It is so hard sometimes to deal with significant others areas of weakness. Oh well focus on the good, right?!? I hope that you feel better. I would hold off on the work outs until you are feeling better. Ok I am done playing mommy

WEll I ended the night well ww wise last night and didn't eat a lot but of course due to the lunch I was already over. I weigh in tomorrow and on my scale this am I was down 2.5 but I was up from last WI so it is a mystery and my home scale is always different from the WW scale. I am hoping I lost a little bit htough b/c I did work harder this wk. I actually worked out 4X and I will probably try and work out Sat morning befoer I WI

Becky
Old 02-22-2002, 10:10 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Default Scales

hi becky, and anyone about to post!
your comment on scales got me thinking. how come they haven't invented accurate scales that all weigh the same?! and why are the WW scales always the ones that weigh heavy!?!
the difference between my scales at home and the WW ones is anything from 2 to 5 pounds. the ones at my gym weigh somewhere in between and the ones at my doctors weigh about 7 pounds lighter than my home scales (i think it's cos the nurse that does the weighing in is a bit overweight and is trying to fool herself she's not by resetting the zero on the scales... gosh, i can think evil thoughts!).
Old 02-22-2002, 10:14 AM   #4  

Angry

Good morning ladies!

I am so sorry I have been MIA lately. Work has been really busy, and of course, family life is always hectic!!

I am glad to see everyone is well (except for Jen, and Jess! I hope you feel better soon!)

Let's see what I can remember!

Kirsty ~ Congrats to your fellow countrymen on the curling win!! The first time I saw the sport was a couple days ago, very interesting!!

Becky ~ I hope you get your much deserved sleep! Once 21 yrs of age passes, its downhill from there!

Kim ~ Sorry hear about your girlfriend trip, as a mother of two kids, I try very hard not to talk much about my kids when I am in a group (of singles, married, and kids/no kids) I usually treat it as a time that I can have adult conversation about a variety of views. I am sure your girlfriends meant well, it will get better though, when you kids are babies, you tend to talk about them more!!

Ali ~ I say quit the retail job if you can, do as much "socializing" as possible in your single years!!!

Lolly ~ Where are you???????

Trish ~ How is that sweet baby doing??

Lisa ~ Your workout the other night sounds interesting!!!!

Jen2 ~ I am sending you motivation vibes for your big move. You can do it, and just think soon you will be all moved in, and lovin' the new place!!!

Jen ~ Are you sure you are not pg??!?!!?

Kim ~ Keep up the good work on your eating, I find if I can stay OP for at least a week straight, it become much easier!!

Stacey ~ How is work going? Isn't it a smoke break yet??

Well, I know I forgot some people, my memory isn't as good as it used to be (I am 30 yrs old, remember!!)

Well, DH and I leave for Las Vegas this Sunday, so I will be gone from here til next Friday. I still have a ton of laundry to do before I leave, so that will consume most of my weekend.

Eating has been o.k. for me, mostly staying at my high end of points, with practically no exercise. But I will get plenty in Vegas! I am up 5 pounds from 3 weeks ago, so obviously I am eating more than my point range, but I am going to be good and eat right on my trip. I love seafood and such, so I will stick to those things. When I get back from vacation, I am going to make WW and exercise a top priority.....I promise!!!!! I have got to lose 10 pounds by May!!!!

Well, I sure am rambling today....better get some work done, I will check back in a bit!

Later!!
Old 02-22-2002, 11:06 AM   #5  
Canadian Chick

G'Mornin' Girls,

How are you all today? I feel pretty tired. I just could not fall asleep last night. Guess what?? Yesterday some family was in town & they insisted on taking us out this buffet for lunch. I didn't even count what I was eating because it was too hard to resist everything. Anyway when I tallied up later I of course had eaten most of my points for the day already so I ate a low point supper & ended up banking points! Yay I managed to make my over-indulgence fit into my points range! I'm hoping I get some energy shortly so I can do some exercise this morning. I guess I can always do some while I'm watching the Canadain Men's Semifinal today in hockey. I am so proud of our women's team for winning gold last night!! Plus they did it even when they played over a period with a one man disadvantage!! I won't go into a whole big speil about the game since most of you aren't fanatics like me. I already sent Lisa a PM about it so we don't bore you gals to death! Its exciting today to because Canada is playing in the gold medal game in men's curling. Our women got the bronze yesterday. Can you believe the Olympics are almost over already?

Tonay, I find it so hard to believe that you've never seen curling before!!! Its so fun & way harder than it looks. In Canada its almost as huge as hockey! I really enjoy curling but haven't played in years. I'm hoping next year that I'll be able to get back into it. For anyone who has never tried it go try it!

Kirsty, Congrats to GB on its gold. They were the only team our women couldn't beat! They played a very good semi-final game but I missed the gold medal one.

Becky, having a party house is not fun when you're not a partier! Hope you get some quiet time to yourself. How old is your sister?

Belle Happy Birthday today! Hope you can come join us soon!

Good Morning to all you others out there! Talk to you all later!

-Rina
Old 02-22-2002, 11:08 AM   #6  
Fed Up With Fat!!

I'm here, but it's the tail-end of a smoke break so this will be speedy. I did really well the early part of the day because I knew we were going to my most favorite Mexican restaurant and I want to pig out!!! I didn't even stuff myself, though. But, I did thoroughly enjoy my chicken fajitas!!
I'm doing a 30 hour famine with my church youth group. Not Fast, but Famine. There will be some food, but not much!
I'd better get back to work, boss just came in and I need to 'act' busy!
Old 02-22-2002, 11:15 AM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Tonya... HAVE FUN IN VEGAS! we booked our vacation for May and got an OK deal for Aladdin. Not as good as yours, but better than most of the other strip hotels! Let me know how it is, I have heard good and bad, But I don't care since I am not going to be a room dweller!

Oh and I don't think I am PG because it is TOM right now and I am still on the pill. But you never can be sure right! Still nauseous this morning, but also have a horrendous headache with it. And when I eat a little I feel better for a short time. I really didn't have much morning sickness with Emma, so not sure. Tho people here at work have been out with the flu. Or so they say!!

I haven't exercised all week and haven't weighed either. Hoping for a pleasant suprise next week.

Yahhhooooo for Sarah Hughes!!! She is such a pleasant girl and deserves it!!!
Old 02-22-2002, 11:17 AM   #8  

Oh and I forgot to say... Curling is HUGE here. Several people from here are always on the Olympic team. Tonya, I am suprised you have never seen it. Much not be as big in the southern part of the state!
Old 02-22-2002, 11:40 AM   #9  
Bono Fanatic!

Angry Happy Friday!

I only have a minute but wanted to say hi!

Jen - I just stayed at the Aladdin in November and it was pretty nice. The rooms are really nice. The hotel wasn't very crowded when I was there, which was weird because it was the weekend of the lennox lewis fight, britney spears hbo concert and U2 was in town. The city was packed, so I am not sure why that hotel wasn't more crowded. I wasn't thrilled with the food I ate there, but it is so easy to get good food other places, that I wouldn't let that stop me from staying there again. You'll like it, I think!

Tonya - Have a GREAT time!!!

Stacey - I give you credit for the famine. I certainly couldn't go 30 hours eating very little food! I get really bad headaches when I don't eat enough.

Rina - I love seeing how excited you get talking about sports! I am a big sports fan as well, and most of my friends are bored to tears when I start talking about it. A girl after my own heart!

Becky - I hope you get some quiet time this evening to relax.

Kirsty - Hi!!

One more night in my apartment and then I'm out of there! I went to the new place last night to get the keys, and stood there for a few minutes in shock that I am going to be living in a place that is so much bigger than where I am now. I swear, the kitchen is almost as big as my entire apartment!! Now, I will just need to buy the stuff to fill it. I plan on buying a desk and bookshelves first before anything else, since it won't be long until I am a student again. wow!

Have a great weekend!!
Old 02-22-2002, 11:48 AM   #10  

Jen, I have been to LV lots of times, so I know where to eat at. I walked through the Aladdin in December and thought the same of the restaurants. We didn't eat there, but I liked the shops. Trying to talk hubby into Sushi and the Wolfgang Chinois in Ceasars. He is refusing!! That was my first real sushi (besides CA Rolls) and I liked it.
Old 02-22-2002, 12:04 PM   #11  
Bono Fanatic!

Jen - Yeah, the shops in the Aladdin are really nice. The only meal I ate there was when we first checked it at like 1 am and were starving. I was pretty disappointed with the place we ate at, so I just made sure to go other places for my food. Not like I spend the entire time in LV at the hotel I am staying at anyway, so it was no big deal. However, there was a GREAT bath tub in the room we stayed in! I love sushi, but know that a lot of people are so against trying it. Maybe you can compromise by going there one time and then going to a restaurant of his choice the next time!
Old 02-22-2002, 12:06 PM   #12  

OOOOO, a nice bathtub. Gotta bring my bubbles! My home bathtub is so small/short. I can't fill it very full. I am excited about the trip because I am there for business other times. Now I can actually see things during the day!
Old 02-22-2002, 12:19 PM   #13  

Angry

Jen and Jen,

I will let you know what I think about the Aladdin. I too had heard good/bad things about it. I did hear that the rooms are really nice and wonderful marble bathrooms. My first choice for hotel would be the Bellagio or Venitian, but costs $$$$! If you could scope out a good deal there, it would be worth it. When I check those out it was at least $140.00 per night. Just couldn't justify it. So, we went with the Aladdin for $70.00 a night. Not bad.
Old 02-22-2002, 12:23 PM   #14  

Angry

I apologize for turning this into a "Las Vegas" thread!

Jen & Jen,

Can either of you recommend a nice, romantic place to have dinner. Maybe mexican, steak house, or italian for no more than $50.00 a plate?

We will probably stick to the buffets (I heard Caesar's, and the Rio have good buffet) during the day and most nights. But it would be nice to have a nice, romantic dinner one night.

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2002, 01:14 PM   #15  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hey girls! Just wanted to pop in for a quick hi. I'm busy today, ang it began at 4:30 a.m.! I got paged about a fire and had to go check it out. It was out when I got there, so I talked to some folks at the scene then went home to go back to sleep for a few hours.

BUT, my news ... I rejoined WW last night! Whoo-hoo! Once again, for the billioneth time, I will try to follow through. I haven't done too badly since I last weighed in officialy in November, only up 2.6. But I'm still above my 10 percent, which I reached a year ago and then got lazy about! I'm hoping I can do this. My life is pretty much in an uproar right now because of some family issues and I need something I can take control of.

I better get back to work though. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

P/S Congrats to GB on their medal and to Canada for whooping the U.S. women's hockey team. A few of the girls on the U.S. team went to my college, Univ. of New Hampshire, where hockey ruled!

Last edited by kimobi; 02-22-2002 at 01:19 PM.
Closed Thread