Old 03-10-2008, 07:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat: Mon, Mar 10

Morning all..nothing really exciting to report. Tired and don't want to go to work...lol...do i ever. Need more coffee. Alright..hope everyone has a good day.
P(L
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:25 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

GOOD MORNING ALL!!

Had a heck of a time getting up today...even the kids. Cadence is STILL asleep. Haven't had my treadmill time yet, gonna do that as soon as she gets up & I can give her some breakfast. already cleaned the bathroom & started laundry, though, so at least something's getting done!!

Patricia, glad yo had a better day yesterday .

Okay, just gotta clean & run to the bank today, nothing to eventful. Will check in later. Hope everyone has a super day!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

WOW! I slept in until 830am this morning, thanks to my dd. She's usually up by 7am, but that's because the sun usually is up by then. I really enjoyed the sleep!

I started feeling better yesterday afternoon, so dh, dd and I headed out for a short hike. 1 mile round trip, up and down hills and part of it carrying my 30 pound dd. Does that count for weight training? LOL My back's a little sore because of that too. I"m about to do a WATP 3 mile video, then get some cleaning done. This afternoon I have a personal training appt too.

I hope you all have a great day!
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning ladies! Well I am dragging myself - and my legs are killing me - had my work party this weekend and i danced my caboose off - which is really nice its been a long time since I have had a good two step partner! BUT that means today i have to face the firing squad and the teasing will begin (work). Hope your mornings are good ladies!
Goldm00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #5  
Magically Delicious!

S/C/G: 132kg/122/80kg

Height: 175cm

'ello all! Sorry for the absence. Just recovering from not getting that job. Nothing much to report. Back at the gym after a week of doing noooooooothiiiiiing. lol Got 2 gym buddies who will come to my apartment and drag me out of bed if I don't show up 3 mornings a week.

Hope all is well with everyone. I am heading out to the store. We need more fruit.

/Nicci
DaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! DS slept later here too with the daylight savings. We are enjoying yogurt banana smoothies while he watches cartoons. He didn't want to eat the bananas, so I started using the ripe ones with nonfat yogurt in the blender.

Gold - sounds like you had a good time over the weekend. Hope the teasing at work isn't too bad to endure.
Heather - great job on all of the working out!
Pam - have a good day - glad you had the chance to sleep in.
GG - I wish we could go hiking or do anything oustide! I am always envious of outdoor adventures.

Hi to everyone else!

Already, got a workout in. Not sure of what else I will do - the house is clean (relatively) as we had company yesterday.
I do need to return some DVD's to the library...but that is only 5 minutes away.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #7  

good morning...well, it seems i like everyone else, am having a hard time waking up...im sooooo tired...i just dont want to get ready..but i have to..absolutely can not miss or be late to work today..not going to be a great day for someone (me included)...we have to let go of one of the providers..they made bad choices about a week and ahalf ago, and the hospital is all over us...and a poor baby is still in the icu for her poor mistake..very sad!..anyways..not going to be a great day...BUT i am going to the gym to work out with my pt this afternoon

lauren: when do we turn in miles to you?...i want to start doing that also, i was so good last week and am hoping this will help me be better this week

gg: i just looked at your ticker!...great job..you are doing so well...keep it up..i hope work goes alright for you

pam: girl....bathroom and laundry already!..im a total clean freak but i think you beat me on it...everyday in the am you are cleaning something...have a great day

heather: carrying 30 pounds is a workout if you ask me!...glad everyone is feeling better

gold: glad you had a great night out..sounds like fun..im sure a great cardio workout also!...hope its not too much teasing at work...have fun with it!

duck: hope everything gets better for you!

well...i weighed yesterday, lost 1/2 pound, but cant move my ticker...man its just killing me getting into the 120's...hopefully next week i guess!

i better go get ready, im procrastinating and thats going to cause me to be late...i have to drive mario monstrosity of a truck today..took my car in on saturday because my brakes went completley out...come to find out i have broken calipers..what ever those are...back disk brakes are completely out of adjustment..not sure what all this means, but i do know it better be part of my warranty because these caliper things were just replaced 2 years ago and they should last 5 or more...soooo we'll see..my car is only a 2004!...uggghhhh...alright gotta go...have a great day...im goign to tape my eyes open!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/168/150

Height: 5'4"

You can lift weights for me Dawn in your really that bored,,,, I will do it tonight but sheesh that has got to be the hardest thing for me,, i just find it so boring!

Work is going pretty well,, minimal teasing at the moment but I haven't seen anyone else from the party so its coming. I didn't do anything embarressing just danced ALOT LOL

That smoothie sounds good!
Goldm00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #9  

dawn: we were posting at the same time..have a great day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #10  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone! I think I finally have my computer back on speaking terms with the network, so hopefully I will be able to stay online (provided the DSL doesn't go out again!). We had an awesome weekend. We went to a resort in the Pocono's. We were going to ski both days but there were torrential downpours on Saturday. So, we went to a flea market, a music store and played in the game room at the resort. Alex loved that. The games gave out tickets so the kids had fun picking out prizes. Our room had a huge jacuzzi that all 4 of us fit in. We had fun with the kids in there. We went skiing on Sunday and had a BLAST. Alex had a 3 hour skiwee session in the AM and then we took him out on the mountain in the afternoon. That kid is an AWESOME skier. They had a babysitting service that we left Cass in and I think she had fun playing with the other kids. Because she was taken care of, I skied more than I had all season put together! My quads are so SORE I can barely go down the stairs!

I hear you guys on being tired this morning. We were up early yesterday to get Alex to class on time (it was 5:30 old time, but 6:30 new time). We were in bed by 10 last night and luckily both of my kids slept in this morning.

I am also down another pound. It's time for me to get serious again. I've just been half-heartedly getting with the program lately.

OK, off to face the mountains of laundry. I hate that stuff. It's a never ending battle.

KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #11  
Julia

S/C/G: 206/162/150

Height: 5'1"

Oh the joys of losing an hour of sleep! lol

*GG - I hope you have a good day at work. There is nothing like undesirable work conditions when you are a woman. Men seem to take the work thing all in strides!
*Pam - congrats on getting things done this morning! ::looks at dirty bathroom and laundry that needs to be done at my house::
*Sapphire - I'm glad to hear you are feeling better! Congrats on getting some exercise in. I'm sure 30 lbs of anything counts as weight training lol
*Gold - Sounds like you had fun! That's what counts dancing is such great exercise!
*Duck - I'm still sorry to hear about the job but, congrats on finding someone to help you stick to your goals!
*Dawn - sounds yummy!
*Christina - Good luck at work today! And have fun with your PT! Brakes can be tricky things!

I did a whole lot of nothing this weekend lol. I didn't make it to the gym once Sat or Sun! I usually take Sat off and Sun the gym closes early. We had kids all over the house and w/ hubby working I couldn't get away. Yes, I could've done a DVD... I didn't! But I hit the gym first thing this morning. I still cannot do more than 20 mins on the treadmill but made my second PT appt for next wednesday. Hopefully I'll be back to normal by then?!
Work today from 11-3 and then I must - must - must get some stuff done around the house!
DS was late to school today. We totally overslept! He is usually up before me and apparently DH forgot to wake either of us when he left for work this morning. Apparently we weren't the only ones tho. The office was filled with parents and late kids

Have a great Monday!
beachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Chicksters!

GG ~ I hope that you have another good day. When is your next day off?

Pam ~ Same thing going on this end... sheets are being washed, hardwoods being mopped... The house is pretty clean still but I want this baby spotless by the end of today. The weather is warming up and I'm anxious to spend more time outdoors.

sapphire ~ 8:30... how nice! I haven't slept past 7:00 since ... I can't even remember. Have a great day.

Gold ~ did you dance all evening with a fellow co-worker or did you bring a date? Dancing never fails to make me feel like I'm 18 again. I might not look it, but dancing makes me feel it:-).

Nicci ~ so sorry to hear that the job didn't work out. I am glad though that you have some good friends that care about you and are willing to drag you out to the gym LOL. Hang in there and I will keep my fingers crossed that a new job is right around the corner. Are there not many jobs available in that area or is a language barrier thing?

Dawn ~ I've been meaning to ask you how the mom's outing/playgroup went a while back? Did you meet some new people?

christina ~ do you work with doctors, midwives or both?

It was sooooooooo hard to get out of bed this morning. I woke up around 3:00 and couldn't get back to sleep. I figured that I'd lay in bed until 5:00ish and then get up and exercise. Sure enough right around 5:00 is when I started to get sleepy again and before I knew it, the alarm was going off at 6:00. I can't wait for Spring Break next week. Have a great day all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

GG, Fixed the thread title for ya'...don't know if you noticed with the lack of coffee that you had a Jan. date in there too! That's a very nice thing for the company to do for the woman in the group home.

Sorry you all had a rough time getting up...I, for once, got a full night's sleep in my own bed, by MYSELF! (Well, OK, DH was there, but NO KIDS)! I actually felt almost refreshed this AM.

I'm also down a pound this AM...breaking the yo-yo effect I had going on for a bit there. I guess the salad bar at lunch is paying off!

Christina, keep track Sun-Sat. and post your miles by noon on Sunday, preferably earlier.

Nicci, glad to see you back! Hope another job opportunity comes along soon.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #14  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning ladies.........

Lauren: I am glad you are down a pound!. how are the breaks going? You know that can have alot to do with weight gain or weight loss! sorry I will get off of the spankin talk. i am proud of you....

Joan: I hear ya I was 2 hours late dragin my buns out of bed.....Better on Tuesday lets hope.
Beachmomma: Don't stress yourself out about not doing much. You know you have to have weekends like that sometimes. I have the last 3 weekends.

KarenK: I am glad you got to go skiing but arn't you ready for some 100 degree weather?

GoldMoon: I have just danced too and boy it was talked about 10 years later. HOpe you didn't break out the tequilla.

Christina: I don't envy you today there sweetie. You hang in there. It is very sad when a person makes a mistake, the consequenses can be devistating.

Hey Delta Dawn, DaDuck, Sapphire Heather, and pam!

GG: How did the ankle turn out girl?

Well my weekend I was sick again. They told me it is my allergies and today I feel better but my cough has hurt so bad my ribs are killing me and I had a fever from wed until sunday. 3 weeks off and on being sick so yes I am hoping to be able to do something fun with my kids this weekend since husband is doing the National Turkey federation thing.

Have a great day everyone
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #15  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!

Got the same thing going on as everyone else. I think I will have at least 6 loads of laundry today. Also had to do sheets. Yeah, so I neglected the laundry for about a week. I painted the fireplace this morning and I am hanging the window treatments. Think I decided on sheers that I got on clearance at walmart. $11. Which isn't bad. They have a little bit of crochet on them too. I still have to get a shower and try to get my workout in, can't believe it's already noon!

Spencer has soccer tonight. It's been hard getting dinner in. Too early to eat before, to late after. I think I'll make the dinner this afternoon, before, then just have dh heat it up.

Sheila, that stinks about being sick, hopefully this weekend you will feel better.

Dawn, so what did you get on clearance for your house this weekend?

Lauren, are you able to use the computer at work now? Congrats on the loss.

Hope everyone else has a great day. I better get going!
Alicia

BTW, I am at my all time high weight (not including pregnancy). Which really stinks! To think I am exercising too....grrrrr.....
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote